May Calendar - Creature Discomforts

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,123 admin
edited April 27 in Announcements #1 latest comment 05 May, 2021, 05:25 am.

Witches and Wizards,

A surge centered around baby beasts has gotten the team’s attention. Is this Grim attempting to send another message? Pick up your wands and find out!

This May, keep an eye out for the following:

May Adversaries Event 1: April 30 at 11 a.m. PT – May 3 at 11 a.m. PT

• Face the relentless members of the Malfoy family!

Creature Discomforts Brilliant Event Part 1: May 3 at 11 a.m. PT – May 10 at 11 a.m. PT

• Help return Brilliant Foundables from Brilliant Hagrid’s Hut Exterior including Baby Three-Headed Dog and Baby Mooncalf.

May Adversaries Event 2: May 10 at 11 a.m. PT – May 13 at 11 a.m. PT

• Gain more combat experience and rematch against Fenrir Greyback and Gilderoy Lockhart!

May Community Day: All day Sunday, May 16 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time

• Look for Quidditch Fan Neville Longbottom and Quidditch Fan Hermione Granger as you go to the Quidditch Stands.

Creature Discomforts Brilliant Event Part 2: May 17 at 11 a.m. PT – May 24 at 11 a.m. PT

• Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Mountainside, including Baby Chinese Fireball and Baby Troll.

To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, these events have been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    edited April 27 #227 April, 2021, 06:23 pm.

Similar event to the first Brilliant Event with the creatures. Would have been an ideal way of bringing back those Foundables for others to fill the older pages in that way.

Then keep going with that theme when events are similar.

I totally forgot that there was another Baby Beasts event too.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭✭
    #327 April, 2021, 06:28 pm.

is this would be baby beast page 3?

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #727 April, 2021, 08:21 pm.

The Taskforce Times has released a new edition of the fictional paper and updated the calendar.

For quick reference guides, accurate registries, past storylines and more visit: https://www.taskforcetimes.news/

• OlgaMalfoyOlgaMalfoy Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #827 April, 2021, 09:24 pm.

Baby beasts. How cute!!

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #928 April, 2021, 08:40 pm.

Thank you for making all the event durations multiples of 24hrs again! Definitely happy to not see a 2.5d Adversary event this month 🙂

• SoRiddikulus562SoRiddikulus562 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1029 April, 2021, 01:49 pm.

Fun lineup and looking forward to it! Only suggestion would be to have all events cover at least one weekend day. For example, maybe the 2nd Adversary event could have been Thursday, May 13th through Saturday, May 15th. That way players who work during the week or don't work from home still get a chance to go out and about to play.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
    #1129 April, 2021, 02:29 pm.

@SoRiddikulus562 wait a minute! There's a bonus task for adveseries, so keen it up for event adveseries.

Looks like this month is a episode for recovery memories Ron too.

• AJZipperAJZipper Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1203 May, 2021, 06:38 pm.

@hpwulola Do y'all (in charge of the game) have any idea how frustrating and demoralizing it is to come off that last (almost impossible) event into this adversaries challenge where:

1. most adversaries I encountered were NOT part of the event,
    2. the power curve on Narcissa is pumped way too high compared to nearly every other adversary, particularly Draco,
    3. it was not uncommon for adversaries to hit 3 - 5 times in a row for my 1 - 2, and
    4. my favorite, having the adversary battle crash and kick me out multiple times, including earlier resulting in my inability to finish the even by one, single Draco. And immediately, BOOM!, new event...

Seriously, I understand someone, somewhere decided they needed to "challenge" us in this game, but many players, myself included, are incredibly busy and simply don't have the time or potion inventory to play these events, especially when this is the outcome more often than not. Like many, I've been playing since the beginning and in the past 6 months or so this game has started becoming a chore and more stress than it's probably worth. I keep telling myself that if only I can finish out my skills trees a little bit more, I will have an easier time with these events, but the only way to finish out my trees is completing these frustrating, time and resource consuming events. I'm very close to "why bother" anymore and this breaks my heart.

Anyway, food for thought. I'm still a little raw about, yet again, missing out on 5 more books for my skills tree. I'll attempt this now even later this week.

AJZipper

• Groundwalker80Groundwalker80 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1303 May, 2021, 06:50 pm.

Again you improperly balanced the appearance of 2nd task foundables for the 1st task when using a Tonic for Trace Detection. I think about 15 baby three-headed dog foundables appeared, where only 8 of the baby mooncalf foundables appeared. I imagine when I'm on the 2nd task if I need to use a tonic for it, then the roles will be reversed as is your typical programming misstep.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭✭
    #1405 May, 2021, 05:25 am.

I think its better if second adversary event switch with community day. A week to replenish extimulo isnt quite enough time isnt it