Seeking Friends

2»

Comments

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 222 ✭✭✭
    #3229 September, 2021, 04:05 pm.

@Gahhhhhh Love your name, LOL!

I’m going to go send you an invite right now…

As I noted in another thread, I am adding friends slowly, since I learned this game mostly on my own and have only had friends on my list so far who are people that I actually know in real life.

So I’m experimenting with adding people from around the world now.. . to see how it works out. I love sending gifts that help people out and/or “spark joy” as they say.

I’ll scroll back through here to see what gifts you’ve said you prefer. I love interesting photo gifts of any kind and/or any potions. ^_^ (even BBE, even tho I’m level 60, as they come in handy for XP tasks in events).

• GahhhhhhGahhhhhh Posts: 34 ✭✭
    #3329 September, 2021, 04:29 pm.

Thank you so much Expelliarma7! and others who have sent me Friend requests in response to this post. I have posted above that I was fairly quickly overwhelmed by Friend requests, so I stopped taking them a little while ago. I have not been able to close comments on this string, can't see how to do that if it is possible. But in any event I gather people are still using it to post their Friend Codes for each other, which is great. Thank you everyone.

#3429 September, 2021, 04:42 pm.

Ok no worries at all! I hadn’t seen that comment yet about the overwhelm, but I totally understand. Be safe and have fun!

#3529 September, 2021, 05:08 pm.

PS: not sure if a moderator closing comments would help? Because some folks (like me, *cough*🙄) don’t check all the comments before they act on the request at the top. Sorry again, @Gahhhhhh , as someone who’s moving slowly with adding people myself, I understand about the potential overwhelm factor. 

This is my first time tagging the moderators, because like I said, not sure locking comments will help stop people from @ing you, but maybe? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ @hpwulola @HPWUblue

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    #3630 September, 2021, 10:22 am.

I have stopped sending energy gifts, and do not open them, since they force a shut down of the game when opened. I delete these gifts when I get them from an inn.

When Niantic fixes the glitch, I will send energy again.

• StimpysFitzStimpysFitz Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #3716 October, 2021, 08:58 am.

701251145337 I only have a handful of people left to share gifts with. I’m not fussy I like all gifts and try to send gifts appropriately. I make sure you’re low level 60 before I send XP, I figure all levels need those Runestone variety’s, and I send out potions gifts when I am lucky enough to get them. Play daily, might not find time to finish all my tasks but do open and send gifts.

#3816 October, 2021, 11:35 am.

Hi Stimpysfitz! It is good to know what you like. I have not been able to play much recently but I try to keep up with my gifting, though not always daily. I get a weird satisfaction out of finding the perfect present for my friends, if I know they need something, e.g. one of my friends can't find potent potion ingredients where she is so everyday I send her extismulo ingredients. Is there anything in particular you like? and I will keep an eye out for it, or otherwise send you what I find in the normal course. Also, I see you are not at Level 60 yet, but are pretty close! Do you want XP or would prefer to get there more slowly?

• CatMama58CatMama58 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #3917 October, 2021, 10:16 am.

I just started playing about a month ago and have become rather addicted. I am still learning how to do things and don’t really know some things, like how to grow and harvest seeds or what it means when a fortress or greenhouse is swirling in green. I also am frequently stuck playing only when connected to the internet since my phone or provider or whatever does not allow me to play away from WiFi often. Alas. Nevertheless, I persist. I only have one friend so far. I live in Oakland, CA. My friend code is 9343 4984 7920.

• KiefranKiefran Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #4017 October, 2021, 12:30 pm.

Still looking for friends, anyone? Please consider adding me, I typically play daily. And, I usually have more gifts than I can get rid of!

Happy wizarding!

Kiefean - 0246 5623 5351

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    #4119 October, 2021, 11:07 pm.

@CATMAMA58  I feel like you and I are destined to be friends. 😺 I'm in Sacramento, CA. I'll send you a request.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited October 19 #4219 October, 2021, 11:28 pm.

Hello, @Gahhhhhh 😊 I'm glad that you are still in the game. It drives me crazy trying to figure out how you can send gifts while showing that you have not played for 2+days. I guess sending gifts does not count as playing. Please open my gift at least once a month. I like sending gifts, and do not expect any in return. Thank you very much!

#4319 October, 2021, 11:46 pm.

@djea

Hello!!!! Yes, I have been unable to play for a few months - but I love collecting gifts whenever I can and, like you, I also enjoy giving gifts, plus this is the part of the game that gets me walking - so I try to get gifts whenever I am walking about. Also I cheat by nabbing gifts when I am an Uber passenger.

I can't open any spell energy, potions, or any other of the gifts where my vaults are full! But it never occurred to me it would bother people if I don't open some - so I will open the ones I can ... So nice to hear from you.

#4419 October, 2021, 11:47 pm.

@Djea

P.S. Something else I really enjoy is finding the perfect gift if I know someone like to receive something in particular - so please let my if there is something you like best.

• MstrotherMstrother Posts: 2
    #4520 October, 2021, 05:05 am.

Hi everyone! Like @CatMama58 I recently just started playing about a month ago too. I don’t have any friends yet but added a few in this thread.

Feel free to add me if you’d like! I’m pretty active and happy to help with I can!

2799 3023 1721

#4622 October, 2021, 05:08 pm.

@Beckbeak, I accidentally deleted you! Don't have your Friend code. Please friend me again, I miss you. 6042 4289 7570