Feedback on Masterful Spell task

Comments

• AandasmomAandasmom Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #12222 April, 2021, 04:17 pm.

I have to agree, it's crazy. I'm lucky just to get great on this one.

• MuchTooMuchMuchTooMuch Posts: 3
    #12322 April, 2021, 04:17 pm.

when I saw that this challenge was in event I thought well I’m not going to participate because “that” will never happen. Shout out to the WU team for recognizing the accessibility issue and helping us. I’m now busy trying to get to that page in event. 🤞🏻 I can get there and they will clear that challenge for me.

• Habichti1895Habichti1895 Posts: 1
    #12422 April, 2021, 04:18 pm.

Could you please mark the task as fulfilled for me too? It turned out to be impossible after trying for almost 3 days now. Thanks in advance!

• EsmePopplefordEsmePoppleford Posts: 1
    #12522 April, 2021, 04:26 pm.

Yeah, I only have mild arthritis in my hand, so I can't imagine how hard this would be if you are really limited in motion. My main problem is when I do my best, don't quite get masterful, but return the foundable with my great cast, and then have to wait ages until I find another opportunity.

• Ador1ndaAdor1nda Posts: 2
    #12622 April, 2021, 04:31 pm.

@hpwulola Please complete the Masterfull Flipendo spells for me

• Ador1ndaAdor1nda Posts: 2
    edited April 22 #12722 April, 2021, 04:31 pm.

:)

• PaddyRyanPaddyRyan Posts: 1
    #12822 April, 2021, 04:34 pm.

Frustrated little old lady here and player from Day 1,

I finished all but masterful cast Tuesday morning. For the last two days I’ve been signing in 3/4 times an hour (easy to do trapped 20 floors up) and TRYING. managed one. I’ve even tried practicing on the website for it.

please help.

paddyryan

• dilbertcdilbertc Posts: 2
    #12922 April, 2021, 04:37 pm.

Please help me with this task too. @hpwulola

I agree with others that masterful should not be part of the main event.

• MableIreneMableIrene Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #13022 April, 2021, 04:40 pm.

I love this game and have played since the beginning. However, the recently added ‘masterful cast’ tasks are causing a lot of frustration with this game. I never hit those tasks and it makes me want to stop playing

• SeptimaLupinSeptimaLupin Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #13122 April, 2021, 04:40 pm.

@hpwulola Note: I have already completed this task but wanted to give my feedback on this as well.

I have played this game everyday from the 1st day it was launched, a regular person (not a gamer) and have been Lvl 60 for a long time. However, even I found this task difficult and I can't imagine how it is for someone who have disabilities. Please do not make masterful casts a required task for completing missions that include RSBs as RSBs is a key gating factor for many of us in this game.

Flipendo today, and Riddikulus next? I managed to get Flippendo after numerous tries but I don't think I have ever gotten a masterful Riddikulus.

• AWizAWiz Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #13222 April, 2021, 04:42 pm.

I enjoy this game and have played from the beginning. This task of masterful flipendo casts is impossible for my arthritic hand to complete. I’ve tried, repeatedly, for 2 days and only achieved getting my hand sore and swollen. Game developers need to understand that this game is played by people of all ages and abilities. Having a task that requires some level of speed and coordination that is impossible to achieve by a great many people is just wrong.

• goonamigoonami Posts: 1
    edited April 22 #13322 April, 2021, 04:43 pm.

Please complete the Masterful Flipendo task also for me.

• Chippe79Chippe79 Posts: 5
    #13422 April, 2021, 04:44 pm.

@hpwulola  have the same issue with this spell, its impossible to do it quickly enough.

• Mastercraig88Mastercraig88 Posts: 1
    #13522 April, 2021, 04:47 pm.

I cannot complete this task with my dexterity and am not able to complete this.

MasterCraig88

• GalteeTomGalteeTom Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #13622 April, 2021, 04:48 pm.

With a painful Ganglion cyst on my right wrist this is simply impossible for me. I have tried with my left hand and cannot even get fair. For the first time I will not be able to complete the fourth task a Brilliant Event ... and I usuallly make it through the bonus. I managed the last events spell casting with a stylus but this one NO. Surgery on the cyst is week away.

• Ladyhawk29Ladyhawk29 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #13722 April, 2021, 04:49 pm.

@hpwulola I also have physical issues that are preventing me from completing this task. Thank you

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 70 ✭✭✭
    #13822 April, 2021, 04:56 pm.

@hpwulola I also have a neurological disability affecting my coordination and briefly commented on the main brilliant thread. This type of task should be left for bonus rounds. This gives us no way to complete our registry or finish the storyline. There is no way to work or buy your way out of it.

• YetShePersistsYetShePersists Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited April 22 #13922 April, 2021, 04:59 pm.

Please mark me as completing the Flipendo task.

I am Level 60, have completed the Masterful Achievement, and the only cast I can get a Masterful on with any kind of regularity is Aguamenti. I must have tried over 100 Flipendo encounters in trying to get 2 Masterfuls, but have only succeeded once. And I don't even know how I did that.

What really needs to happen with this task is that it should be eliminated, and an announcement about this put into the game. There are a ton of people who won't see this thread, and who are not even going to attempt Task 4 because of it.

This type of task should not be in any event at any level, including the Bonus. It's discriminatory against people with dexterity issues, and punitive if you can't finish it.

• DRAYDREDDRAYDRED Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #14022 April, 2021, 05:00 pm.

A retinal central vein conclusion and a neurological condition makes it impossible to do this task.

• AScoobDelightAScoobDelight Posts: 1
    #14122 April, 2021, 05:02 pm.

I am in the same boat as well - I’ve been consistently trying for days now and I cannot do it due to hand tremors. Can you please complete the task for me as well?

• WebqatchWebqatch Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #14222 April, 2021, 05:04 pm.

All of what @YETSHEPERSISTS said. All of it.

Cancel the task. Credit the book (or not, but be consistent). Put the word out that it's been canceled.

Do it (and promise to not do it again) before even more players leave and never come back.

Please don't turn HPWU into Ingress!

• Stark73Stark73 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #14322 April, 2021, 05:08 pm.

Another one here. Years of typing have caused hand and wrist issues. Can’t get it done

• TahomaTinaTahomaTina Posts: 1
    #14422 April, 2021, 05:12 pm.

@hpwulola , I would appreciate your help marking flipendo as completed. I managed one, but my MS is flared now, and I just can't get the other one. Thank you!

• StarCrossedCWStarCrossedCW Posts: 2
    #14522 April, 2021, 05:18 pm.

@hpwulola I need your help as well please. Can‘t get masterful flipendos done. Thank you!

• Gabby15Gabby15 Posts: 1
    #14622 April, 2021, 05:27 pm.

@hpwu i would like help completing the task. It impossible for me. I missed the one on part one event. So I don’t want get frustrated this time.

thanks

• KcricehillKcricehill Posts: 1
    #14722 April, 2021, 05:28 pm.

I would really appreciate if you could kindly complete the Masterful Flipendo task also for me. Thank you very much in advance.

• EeemilkaEeemilka Posts: 1
    #14822 April, 2021, 05:30 pm.

I have really bad carpal tunnel that makes it pretty difficult. I can barely get a Great cast for Flipendo and would really appreciate some help on just this task!

• ranran8goranran8go Posts: 3
    #14922 April, 2021, 05:34 pm.

I would appreciate if you could complete the Masterful Flipendo task also for me.

• AllilasAllilas Posts: 1
    #15022 April, 2021, 05:41 pm.

Please complete the masterful flipendo for me as well.

• BoxercrewBoxercrew Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 22 #15122 April, 2021, 05:42 pm.

Totally agree. Been a player since launch. I have nerve damage in my neck and spine, which causes problems with my hands (among other things) If you are going to require masterful casts, at least put it in the bonus so I can finish the event. I'd prefer not to have that task at all but if I can't finish events because of tasks like this, I'm going to be done with the game. Niantic, please complete this task for me!

This discussion has been closed.