A Weasley Predicament Brilliant Event – Part 2

124»

Comments

• WyandoWyando Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #9224 April, 2021, 03:49 pm.

May I just say that I HATE those 2 masterful flipendos which I am trying since 3 days to get done?! 😡 Also the fact that they are very rare in appearances.

Wy can’t this “masterful” Spell task not one of those spells you need to catch the brilliant ones?! At least they appear regularly...

(and yes. i admit, the flipendo is the worst spell for me to master. Even without any disability)

• Booming1Booming1 Posts: 2
    #9324 April, 2021, 11:07 pm.

I have been playing this game since launch. I have never failed to complete a brilliant event before. This is a game & it is supposed to be fun. Instead, I’m angry that I can’t do anything better to complete the filependo task. 1st - the appropriate traces have to appear. 2nd - get the cast right, which I don’t believe I have ever done in nearly a full 2 years of playing.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #9424 April, 2021, 11:19 pm.

A possible tip for those who are still trying to get the two Flipendos.

If you use a trace charm on an Emergency spawn, it should produce a Time Turner, which is a Flipendo that is difficult to capture. It would give you more chances. Of course, you need to find an Emergency first and it helps if your trace charm is boosted, but each time I've done it, I've seen a Time Turner.

Hope this helps.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #9525 April, 2021, 12:27 am.

I've reached my wits end with this event. Even with TTD I don't get enough traces that use Flipendo, and I've failed each attempt to get the Masterful cast on those. The "square root" move that some have suggested doesn't work at all. I'm done with this. I'm not even going add my name to the list asking that the task be marked complete since I don't have any interest in the Bonus. I'M DONE. 😡

• Pingu298Pingu298 Posts: 1
    #9625 April, 2021, 02:33 am.

Similar to many players, i have tried at least 100 times. Can Niantic just help me and all e poor soul here who are having problem with this spell? Just fill the page after this event..Greatly appreciate it.

• PierogalloPierogallo Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #9725 April, 2021, 08:45 am.

Many thanks to the players who shared the shortcut tips it worked for me after a few dozens of attempts 😊. For those who are struggling and still want to try it's possible, thing is to really go the fastest no matter how many uncomplet spell you do.

Good luck and hope @HPWUTeam reconsider and fill this image

• aolcotaolcot Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #9825 April, 2021, 10:42 am.

Even as an abled person on a good phone, I still find this spell prob the most difficult to do from the entire set of spell casts and only very rarely get masterful in the two years i've played.. I'm sure i can't be the only one and the hpwu team must have telemetry on the success rate of this spell cast over the last couple of years so to make this a masterful task in one of the core tasks sets is a really poor choice. I hope the feedback in this thread really hits home with the team and that future tasks should be more about finding the time to do them, not having the skill to do them.. Because after all, tasks like this one suddenly makes the game divisive and discriminatory and prohibits a cohort of players from completing the main tasks based on their abilities. Shame on you hpwu.

I also struggled with this task and its only finding out about the square root tip in this thread that finally allowed me to get past it.. After a few attempts, I managed to get the cast i needed and as other people have mentioned, it really is just done to speed. Do it super fast, even at the expense of accuracy... if you get it close enough, it should give you enough points to tip the cast back from Great into Masterful...

• StarvonneStarvonne Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited April 25 #9925 April, 2021, 07:58 pm.

Things I liked in this Brilliant Event:

Molly! It's so about time she was here!

Fred. I love his casual stance, hanging around the Burrow with his mom.

The Weasley family clock. I think the way the purple Brilliant energy wraps around and up it is really nice, especially the way it curls around all the decorative little wooden spindles just under the clock face.

Just wanted to say that.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭✭
    #10025 April, 2021, 09:28 pm.

anyway next month is narcissa again?

hope we will have tons of extimulo when facing her. LoL

• MadgrinMadgrin Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #10126 April, 2021, 12:09 am.

Speaking as a lvl 60 player with all 3 classes and SOS almost maxed, I still believe Two masterful flippendo was a bit harsh for the ‘main’ quest block. Putting it on page 4 was ‘ok’ but in my opinion it would have been more appropriate in the bonus task, where the resource stakes are lower if you can’t do the task.

Letting aside the baseline difficulty being high, I honesty think the real trial was finding enough flippendo-requiring foundables to even make the attempts. Even with TfTD (with max bonus traces) I was only averaging 1-2 that required flippendo per potion. World spawns were also sparse even in dense spawn areas. That feels under-tuned, given the spell really is quite hard to cast perfectly, especially on a larger phone. I actually had to break out an old iPhone 7 to make the second one happen, after one success and 2-3 dozen failed attempts on an XR. Got it in 2 tries on the smaller screen, and several after that, so I definitely recommend this strategy if you have the option to do so (less distance for your finger to travel in the required time).

For those struggling with the shape itself, the best advice I can give is that the top swoop can actually be fairly shallow and it still counts. It does Not have to be as big as the displayed graphic at the start of the cast. This will also help you complete the cast in less time.

Best of luck, and @TheDevs, please consider making hard skill checks like this one part of bonus tasks in the future. Would make a lot more players a lot less frustrated!

• KsMischiefKsMischief Posts: 5
    #10226 April, 2021, 12:29 am.

I'm stuck on the 2 flipendos-- @hpwulola can you help?

• GodfreyCraggGodfreyCragg Posts: 1
    #10326 April, 2021, 03:00 am.

I am unable to cast masterful for the Flipendo portion of the last task. I have tried and tried but to no avail. Can someone please help me figure out how to cast this to finish this event. Thank you for your help.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 243 ✭✭✭
    #10426 April, 2021, 03:11 am.

Too bad for newbie spell. If you can't masterful flipendo spell, maybe you should retired and moving out too.🤣

I hope there's more adveseries feared more please...

• WyandoWyando Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited April 26 #10526 April, 2021, 08:48 am.

Well, the last few hours are running and I can’t flipendo masterful at all. I believe I never have. It is the most difficult spell for me anyway.

why are such task not provided in the bonus task?! I can understand that not everything is possible but having tasks resulting in not even possible finishing an event is really hard. 5 days I am stuck with flipendo - used quite a few Exstimulo potions hoping that would help (I am level 48!). But. It. Just. Wont. Work. Up to great is all I reach...

oh well. 😡

• RodomusRodomus Posts: 1
    #10626 April, 2021, 11:24 am.

Dear service team, the flipendio is a no go again. Why the hack do you have to include that **** again? I am not finding enough task to finalize the event in time.

I am really frustrated

• UsseryG520UsseryG520 Posts: 2
    #10726 April, 2021, 12:18 pm.

I only have 5 hours left and I can’t complete the flipendo tasks. Please help!!!

• SoccerWife90SoccerWife90 Posts: 1
    #10826 April, 2021, 12:19 pm.

I gave it my all last night, I managed to finally get one flipendo masterful cast after being on that page for days and now I have had enough. I'm breaking up with this game. I have never had to ask for a task to be completed and have played daily since launch and I refuse to start now.

• CosmokayCosmokay Posts: 4
    #10926 April, 2021, 03:17 pm.

Please can the masterful flipendo be completed for me? I have also been trying for days and am completely unable to get this even using strongest exstimulo and sq root method. Traces are rare and return even if I get good or great so I cannot try again. @hpwulola

• KsMischiefKsMischief Posts: 5
    #11026 April, 2021, 05:35 pm.

Please @hpwulola help with masterful flipendo--we're running out of time! @KsMischief

• AJZipperAJZipper Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #11126 April, 2021, 06:08 pm.

@hpwulola after much struggle with this event I had all tasks complete including the bonus tasks at the last second but the app has been super slow and the event closed before I was able to collect the rewards. Please give me the final rewards I earned: the collect 45 brilliant foundables and the final completion reward. I busted my **** so hard this morning to get this done and to be so close yet prevented by a slow, glitchy game is incredibly demoralizing. This whole event was poorly executed. Please and thank you.

AJZipper

• KagePhoenixKagePhoenix Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 26 #11226 April, 2021, 06:18 pm.

This game used to be fun and relaxing. Now it’s turned into a game of stress and requires me to drive somewhere to get energy and foundables or pay money!!! I didn’t get my two masterful flipendos until last night because it was nearly impossible even with the square root hack. Of course everything I needed for the bonus event was happening while I was waiting to complete the flipendo task and once i finally completed it, very few of the brilliant foundables spawned in even with using potions. I had 49 Weasley predicament runestones by the time I finally finished the masterful flipendos task. I’ve never had that many at one time and I had been using them previously and was down to a low number prior to trying to complete the flipendos. Now even with using multiple TTD potions I wasn’t able to complete the bonus brilliant foundables or the gnome task because they didn’t spawn. Now that the event is over there are several brilliant foundables spawning in!!!! What the heck!!!

I’m the last one in my family to hold onto this game but now I’m probably done for good. Not to mention they have these events overlap with Pokemon Go events and I couldn’t complete those tasks either because of low spawn rate!! Guess I’ll be deleting them both!! So sad!! I used to enjoy both games. Now they are nothing but stress when I originally started playing them as a way to have fun and relieve stress!!!

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 37 ✭✭
    #11326 April, 2021, 07:39 pm.

Next time with flippendo, try to to cast it with the screen horizontally. To the right or when lefthanded to the left is easier.

I have a fairphone, so that's not a small screen..

Masterful after masterful, not only flippendo also other spells.