A Weasley Predicament Brilliant Event – Part 2

Comments

• twoAwkLinestwoAwkLines Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited April 19 #3219 April, 2021, 08:21 pm.

Thanks a lot @CaptainMajor, IT WORKS. I'm still at stage 1/4 but I obtain my first masterful flippendo 😉

just a note: using trace charm to double brilliant fragments only count for fragments but not for progress on stage 1/4

(launched one to speed up "Return 12 Brilliant Weasley Clock Foundables", progress bar advance by one for every fragment, not one-or-two as expected, finished stage 1/4 with 14/20 Weasley, encountered only 12)

@AltarielValice my task 2/4 say "cast 15 great spell", not 2, what else was changed? 😱

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #3419 April, 2021, 09:06 pm.

I was thinking the same as most, that I could never cast a masterful flipendo. Then I got one. Of course it’s stage one and doesn’t matter. I bet I won’t be able to complete the task when I get to it.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭✭
    #3519 April, 2021, 10:55 pm.

Maybe only those six gnome (boosted) and BE gnome counted for task part 2? Baby niffler also not counted.

• PierogalloPierogallo Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #3620 April, 2021, 10:34 am.

Howler has just counted here

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3720 April, 2021, 12:10 pm.

idk if this is the case for the ppl who had traces/gnomes not count but:

. if youre going too fast (ie the avatar is on a broom vs walking) then you'll have spawns you'll be allowed to enter and return them but you wont see rewards and the fragments/tasks wont count. (similar speed lock mechanic that pogo has for going too tast only here stuff spawn).

. if you find a gnome/be thing and Trace charm it the products/spawns of that TC wont count for tasks unless the tasks specify 'fragments' instead of 'return # things'. (both for ttd and/or wild returns).

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited April 20 #3820 April, 2021, 12:23 pm.

@CaptainMajor

Yeah for the hack! I'm still only at the second stage, but saw debate about masterful flipendos and tried the hack out of curiosity -> first try failed, didn't hit the red spot. Second try masterful.

You're a lifesaver.

Know any other hacks for other spells?

Edit: Not cool that the only way to complete an event is to bend the rules and need access to online forums. I felt good about the first 2 tasks lists, they were varied but achievable, the spawns were good,... I was really enjoying this event. Then I come here to see if brilliant portkeys are needed and bam, 2 masterful flipendos ahead of me.

There's always got to be a catch with Niantic.

• ljjswimfast1ljjswimfast1 Posts: 1
    #4020 April, 2021, 02:47 pm.

The brilliant event task Return 20 Foundables Guarded by Gnomes is not registering the regular weasley clock foundable I tried it three times

• AMslimfordyAMslimfordy Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #4120 April, 2021, 03:08 pm.

agreed @ljjswimfast1 . non-brilliant weasley clock doesn’t count.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    #4220 April, 2021, 03:34 pm.

Here's a suggestion. Make a "**** gallery" where one could practice spellcasting. One could practice multiple casts in a row to LEARN how to get a masterful shot. Low level rewards for using this option. Use the Dueling Dumny.

Because after finding a gnome guarded foundable, you only have limited chances to cast a masterful. A great or good uses your energy, and usually gets the foudable.

• InnkstInnkst Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited April 20 #4320 April, 2021, 08:11 pm.

hey, anyone succeeded in getting mysterious notes in 4th set of tasks?

I returned several brilliant week 2 foundables today and nothing...

Thanks a lot for previous notes on Flipendo spell! I will try that

• mjmatcsmjmatcs Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #4420 April, 2021, 09:22 pm.

I have to agree with the group. Two masterful flipendo is pretty harsh to be unable to finish an event. Could we please make it “Two Greats or Five goods”?

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    edited April 20 #4520 April, 2021, 09:33 pm.

@CaptainMajor Now watch developers change the glyph so your trick won’t work.

If the majority can’t finish this event, it will finish HPWU game since everyone’s Lilly to quit.

#4620 April, 2021, 09:34 pm.

Having terrible time getting more than 3 runestones. What gives?

#4720 April, 2021, 10:23 pm.

@WitchHiker

Portmanteaus include points sometimes and always a gnome foundable. So that is always at least 5 points + possibly up to 30-40 more if you are lucky and if you are up for walking around.

I have been tracking down 8 Fred Weasleys at the same time, so got several runestones after.

#4921 April, 2021, 05:54 am.

Mysterious notes worked eventually. Didn't just show up. Couple of hours past, started working.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭✭
    #5021 April, 2021, 07:53 am.

Is it just me or flippendo difficulty just decrease. My phone just dropped recently and the screen got cracked everywhere. Result is many incomplete cast 😔 on many spell trace (flippendo included) and have to be very slow to trace thus only got good trace at best.

Ready to give up, but to my surprise i got several masterfull flippendo to day.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5121 April, 2021, 08:42 am.

the red dots in the 1st image are the 'touch points' your finger 'has' to pass for the spell not to be a miscast.

the other 2 sc's are all masterfuls, maybe they can be a visual help for ppl to get masterfuls on that spell/task.

Good luck!

• 60oldmandave60oldmandave Posts: 1
    #5221 April, 2021, 09:45 am.

I have played every day since the game came out. Today will be my last due to the masterful cast challenge. You should of given an alternate option of 20 great spells or collect so many items for people unable to do the masterful.

• JunoTheaJunoThea Posts: 1
    #5321 April, 2021, 10:40 am.

hi, i can't log into the app. keep showing error: an error has occured with the wireless network. please try again. try restarting my phone and also delete and redownload the app but still the same. help!

• MemeWalsh48MemeWalsh48 Posts: 2
    #5421 April, 2021, 11:30 am.

Add one more person who is extremely unlikely to finish this event. I did manage some masterful for the previous event. However, Flipendo is difficult for me. I usually get only a “good”.

72 year old woman, played since 2016. Level 58 Completed 99% of other events. Play daily. Usually spend $20-$40 per month. I’m considering deleting the game because this is so frustrating. MemeWalsh48 is my game name.

is there anyway to contact Niantic to voice a complaint?

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 248 ✭✭✭
    #5521 April, 2021, 12:59 pm.

Wait, what? There's a spy ministry on this here.

Could be the next BE for episode again? Will be coming soon.

• mjmatcsmjmatcs Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #5621 April, 2021, 01:00 pm.

A HUGE thanks to @CaptainMajor and @Drakonite for the help!! Worked like a charm!!

• DCnutzDCnutz Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #5821 April, 2021, 06:46 pm.

For boosted foundables, have any of you seen a sorting hat yet? Used so many tonics, haven't seen one yet.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 131 ✭✭✭
    #5921 April, 2021, 07:11 pm.

@DCnutz - I have seen just 1 sorting hat.

edited April 21 #6021 April, 2021, 10:05 pm.

@DCnutz NO, I’ve seen “Zero” sorting hats.

#6121 April, 2021, 10:07 pm.

@Yohanes12 oh I’ve been thinking Constance is some how behind all of this!!