Please do not release lethal adversaries

RelariannaRelarianna Posts: 23 ✭✭
in Community Forum Feedback #1 latest comment 14 September, 2021, 05:30 pm.

Until you either provide a way to heal during a multi-strike attack or limit the adversary to no more than two attacks in a row. It is very frustrating to have no way to counter multi-strike attacks. The worst was 5 in a row with no way to heal. As a maxed auror with maxed adversary tree and near maxed SOS skill tree, this kills the enjoyment of the battle when there is no chance. A guaranteed loss with no real chance of defense really just makes for bad gameplay. Please rethink the dynamic.

Comments

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12 #212 April, 2021, 11:49 am.

Noooo please release them sooner rather than later! We saw the feared, some have even gold-starred those pages and have finished at least one adversarial plan to full 15/15...release the lethals, feared ones are getting boring now that theyre repeated.

And sorry but that's auror, its a glass ****, you have high power and high rewards (**** with 3 shots instead of a magi/prof 10) but you also die easy.

• RelariannaRelarianna Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #312 April, 2021, 04:39 pm.

The problem is that they should not be able to hit so many times without an ability to counter. I understand your frustration with feared but this is ridiculous. I would rather have higher spell energy usage than instadeath. Try it sometime, I doubt you would like it. Maybe if I ever finish my magizoo tree, I will be okay. My wife hates it and it kills her fun and enjoyment as well. Bad game dynamics.

#412 April, 2021, 05:54 pm.

Easiest fix would to just have healing potions tapable on the fight screen

#513 April, 2021, 07:46 am.

Im an auror, many feared stuff have killed me dead w/o me being able to heal. I do understand the frustration but HPWU isnt the only game where this is possible, many games allow mobs/bosses to **** you w/o you being able to do nothing about it, especially when theyre guarding resources/currencies/rare loot.

#613 April, 2021, 01:25 pm.

So are you suggesting not to give feedback? Just because other games tell their players to just take it, doesn't mean Warner Brothers will. They seem to listen more than some other companies. Not sure why you argue against a decent suggestion. In theory, lethals will be a much higher class that will have more guards and take more time only to end in frustration if something isn't changed.

• StentoriousStentorious Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #714 April, 2021, 01:29 pm.

I play a maxed auror and the times I die is very minimal. Try every encounter spending 3 times longer fighting the same enemies, I also have a max Professor and Magi the Aurors have the better deal. I still feel your pain and remember being upset about this too but after seeing how bad the Professors have it compared to them this issue is minor and game balancing IMO.

• willSwitchProfswillSwitchProfs Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #828 May, 2021, 01:53 pm.

I'm with the other users and their comments.

It's about balance. You can't expect to just only put most damage and **** fast without any risk.

Fighting Feared Adversaries has become a bit boring. You know what to expect. Stamina of your opponents are running down in well known numbers.

I don't like to get defeated by consecutive attacks but this is super rare and I like that this is random and it's my choice to use potions or a healing potion early or risk saving potions.

I've maxed all 3 professions but Auror is still way better than the other 2.

#929 May, 2021, 08:59 am.

Im more than ready for the lethals and eager, as the feared advers have become 100% boring, i dont even bother going beyond/above first guard anymore if its not requested/required by/for tasks. Just too boring and i dont need anything as all pages are gold starred and all dada nodes (sos and professions) finished 100%. RELEASE THE LETHALS ALREADY!

• Baggy001Baggy001 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1030 June, 2021, 06:14 am.

I have noticed there has been players in the wizarding challenge that don't seem to play. I didn't understand why until today. As I waited for a challenge to begin I was locked out of my phone a it took me an hour before unlocking it. When I got back in the game the points showed up on screen for that last challenge even though I never played. I'm very sorry to the person I left alone to cover for both of us. It is wrong to have been awarded any of those points.

• eccenuxeccenux Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #1130 June, 2021, 11:35 pm.

I would say that it's definitely better if they realese lethal adversaries then if we would wait endlessly. No point in holding it back. The story is at a point where lethal adversaries appearance would be expected.

Btw. I"m an auror and 4 hits in a row are very rare. This is the thing with probability. Unprobable things can happen and they do happen. But they are rare.

• BuutterfaceBuutterface Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited September 2 #1202 September, 2021, 07:26 am.

They are called LETHAL adversaries. Hence fighting them could be lethal. The game wouldn't be fun if everyone won every encounter. No participation trophies.

• TasteDaTangTasteDaTang Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1314 September, 2021, 05:30 pm.

I would say hold off lethals until they overhaul adversaries altogether.

As it is, adversary battles are BORING and is nothing more than a potion grind. And all these big baddies that we should be excited to fight gets really old really fast when the events themselves force us to grind through 20+ encounters to get the fragments we need.

We should be fighting big bosses like Voldy cooperatively with friends and use the range of stragetic spells we have to survive. I'm not against using potions, but the battles should feel special and earned and use a modicum of brain cells, not just get drunk on potions and pray for RNG that you'll meet the right encounters to finish the chore list.