Trouble getting Arthur Weasley fragments

McGuppinMcGuppin Posts: 8 ✭✭
in Game Events #1 latest comment 11 April, 2021, 04:13 am.

Is anyone having difficulty obtaining Arthur Weasley fragments in Task 4 of the Brilliant A Weasley Predicament event? I’ve used at least 4 or 5 brilliant Weasley predicament runestones (I don’t have many bc I foolishly was using them for wizarding challenges during an earlier task), but not a single fragment in sight...

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    #208 April, 2021, 12:30 am.

The higher the chamber the better the chance 👍

If low on runes, better aim it at high chambers

• GhostVioletGhostViolet Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 8 #308 April, 2021, 07:48 pm.

Wow, I honestly think that you've just had a very unlucky streak. I had no trouble getting the Arthur Weasley fragments that I needed for Task 4. But yeah, the best way to increase your odds of a fragment drop is to fight in higher chambers.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    #409 April, 2021, 09:32 am.

Actually, you don't need to have a very unlucky streak for that to happen. Assuming you did Ruins I you have about a 50% chance of of family fragment dropping.

So, out of 100 players, after 1 chamber, 50 have a fragment, 50 do not.

After 2 chambers, 25 have 0, 50 have 1 and 25 have 2.

After 3 chambers (rounding now), 12 have 0, 38 have 1, 38 have 2 and 12 have 3.

and so on.

So, after 4 chambers you still have 6 people that have no fragment and after 5 you still have 3. And these 3 open a thread on forums :)

• PernicianovowPernicianovow Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #510 April, 2021, 08:00 pm.

Not at all. Did not even enter higher chambers. Could be wrong but I think performance counts. Go in with at least a Strong Estumilio potion already. Then pounce and vanquish as many as possible. Think it also may be good to challenge at least one out of your profession.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #611 April, 2021, 04:13 am.

@Pernicianovow your performance in a challenge doesn't affect your chance of earning a fragment. If you win the challenge there's a certain % to get it based on which level you did (ranging from 50% for ruins 1 up to 100% for dark 5).

On the other hand, I'm sure your teammates appreciate your enthusiasm for completing the challenge quickly.