April Adversaries Event 2 - Basilisk and Aragog

13»

Comments

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    #6215 April, 2021, 11:01 am.

Great! I just wrote a lengthy complaint about the event and it disappeared in the moderation limbo. For reference the comment was posted around 1pm CET, so around 7 hours before the end of the event.

• aolcotaolcot Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #6315 April, 2021, 11:20 am.

Probably been said a few times, but can we please increase the spawn rates of these adversaries during these events... It is an adversary event after all, so we should be inundated by them to a point where we can't keep up and blown all our potions and spell energy... Yet so many times i go into the game and no adversaries to take on only to just close the game down again. And yes I do walk about a bit as well and still very little spawns... I managed to complete the main tasks yesterday, but only seen a couple of adversaries since (neither the event ones so useless for bonus tasks which i won't get anywhere near finishing, or even starting at this rate!)...

If EDM spawned a lot more during events, i'd be using them, but seeing as you only get 3 off them whenever they are used, there is no impetus to use them during events either.

Come one guys, this is a great format, but you seem to be seriously throttling the spawning of them.. Are you just trying to stop the power players (which i'm not btw) from getting all the pages prestiged too soon.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #6415 April, 2021, 03:11 pm.

Thank you very much@HPWUTeam for this event. I had a great time. The 2 EDMs that I used gave me basilisks and Aragog. There were plenty of DMs while I was walking back and forth by the library and Post Office (inns) and at home. There seems to be fewer Snowdrops on the map but I was able to plant and harvest them in a couple of greenhouses. Thank you very much for increasing the spawn of the ingredients for the Wit-Sharpening Potion, especially the ginger.

Also, thank you very much, my friends, for helping me complete the special assignments by providing me with potions, spell energy, ingredients, and runestones.

To save resources, I focused only on the dark marks that had the basilisk and Aragog until I completed the special assignments. The fortress challenges went smoothly except for one time when I experienced network problem after defeating the fourth foe. I logged off and got back in the game. I was pleasantly surprised when I was rewarded for the challenge.

• SparkleLikeAGemSparkleLikeAGem Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #6515 April, 2021, 07:35 pm.

I don't know what is up with the RNG. Day 1 of this event, less than 20% of all my adversaries were event related. Day 2, I got about 80% Aragogs, and I was lucky enough to be close on placing images that I vould finish the bonus challenge. After that, I saw fewer event related adversaries again, but still a dent number of Aragogs.

For those complaining about being unable to place 3 images, consider the rewards you missed out on...

1 red book - do you really need another red book?

5 DADA books - same

40 gold - not a lot, buys a fraction of an EDM when you might spend dozens of them trying to get the reward.

1000XP - you are already level 60, aren't you?

30 energy - each adversary chain probably costs you this much energy

For the previous event, I missed out on the bonus (my own fault for collecting late and not checking the forum) so I missed out on a title that I can never get back. It's just a game, not the end of the world, but it is annoying since I have never missed any titles up 'til now. Maybe I don't have a right to say anything about it because I was lucky enough to finish the bonus without actually trying to, but I don't see anything that made it worth trying to get the bonus or complaining about missing out on it.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #6615 April, 2021, 08:10 pm.

@SparkleLikeAGem

I was able to complete the bonus assignment and welcomed the additional gifts. I do need red books and I do need DADA books. I still have lethal tasks to complete and I'm guessing that MOST players do still need these items.

Gold is especially helpful not with EDM, but with potion ingredients that may be missing for a potion intensive event. I purchased time with the gold cauldron and I almost always need to buy snowdrop to brew enough Ex.

Spell Energy is welcome and 30 is more than enough to complete 2 to 3 Adversary chains if you use potions wisely.

I don't know how many players are at level 60, but I'm not and I suspect most are not.

I'm OK with bonus tasks being difficult, but I agree with a previous post that this task favors those who just happen to be close to placing images when the task becomes available, as I was. I was able to place 5 during event, but one of them was before the bonus task. I almost placed a 6th on Basilisk silver, but didn't quite get there. I see about 2-3 dark marks a day when there isn't an event, so I can slowly build up. Many don't have that luxury.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #6715 April, 2021, 08:54 pm.

I'm with@Not4u13 about DADA books, spell energy and gold as prizes; they are very useful and welcome.

It is not the rewards alone that I strive to complete the events, it's the joy of accomplishment and for fun.

Though a day in between events would be nice, @HPWUTeam .