April Adversaries Event 2 - Basilisk and Aragog

Comments

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    #3212 April, 2021, 10:55 pm.

I've seen nothing but Aragog and adversaries unrelated to the event. I have yet to see a single basilisk. Anyone else having this issue?

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited April 13 #3313 April, 2021, 02:18 am.

@Klc5048 Seen 1 basilisk, 1 aragog, at least 5 random others.

It seems to be the usual pattern now: no increased spawns to make people use (and buy) dark marks or TTD (depending on event type).

Then when you've finished the tasks: spawns aplenty.

I'm thinking of starting events on the second day only, as there's nothing much to sink your teeth into at the start.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭
    #3413 April, 2021, 02:38 am.

I haven't been out much yet. Weekday events are tough. I have seen 1 Basilisk and 2 Aragog. As is typical of EDM, I've used two and only one of the six was event related. The event Adversaries will need to be found in the wild.

I should finish the event tasks tomorrow morning and be onto the bonus round. Still concerned about the placing 3 task, but I'm feeling like it is at least possible given I will get to those bonus tasks more quickly than anticipated. I really feel for those who have already prestiged to gold. I know I could not have completed that task then.

• LissieloulouLissieloulou Posts: 1
    #3513 April, 2021, 02:49 am.

I keep getting kicked out after defeating the second adversary....It gives me the fragments I won from the first 2 adversaries but never lets me get to the last one. It has done this with 2 Aragogs and a Basilisk. So now it has been a waste of energy and potions that I took time to complete I'm the middle of the week....and I'm hesitant to keep trying and waste more energy. Is this happening to other people? Just to be clear, I'm not getting knocked out. It is happening AFTER I have defeated the 2 adversaries before Aragog and Slytherin's Basilisk. It worked fine on a dragon and I have never had this issue before

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3613 April, 2021, 02:56 am.
  • DjeaDjea Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #3713 April, 2021, 04:45 am.

I used an EDM and got 3 basilisks.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭
    #3813 April, 2021, 05:55 am.

@Djea Wow! Congrats!

• Groundwalker80Groundwalker80 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #4013 April, 2021, 03:27 pm.

How about when you use an edible dark mark during the event you actually have the adversaries that are required for the event show up? You only get 3 adversaries per edible dark mark and I'm lucky if I get 2 that are what I need for the tasks.

• SparkleLikeAGemSparkleLikeAGem Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #4113 April, 2021, 04:24 pm.

I thought this was supposed to be an Aragog and Basilisk event? I've done a dozen adversaries so far this event and I've only seen 1 Aragog and 1 Basilisk out of those 12.

Last adversary event the bonus tasks caught me by surprise; I finihed the main event quickly but didn't collect the rewards until it was too late to even try to get the bonus. With this event it looks like I will need at least 2 EDMs to finish part 1 and at least half a dozen EDMs (assuming EDMs increase the odds of the right adversaries). The rewards just aren't worth it.

• SparkleLikeAGemSparkleLikeAGem Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #4213 April, 2021, 07:24 pm.

So, of the next 5 adversaires I saw, 2 were Basilisks and 1 was Aragog. Either Niantic listened to the feedback or the RNG is trying to make a fool out of me (like I need help with that).

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4313 April, 2021, 08:23 pm.

@SparkleLikeAGem The trick is to not take RNG personally.

#4414 April, 2021, 02:56 am.

@CeruleanGirl

I had something similar happen only due to a KB server error.

I sometimes go into KB between dark marks when using an EDM. This time I experienced a server error and was exited from game. It took me a couple of restarts and I was tossed into the chamber to battle. When I completed the battle and returned to the map, no final dark mark and I had 7 minutes left on EDM.

I do what I do when trace charm traces disappear and restarted the game. The third dark mark materialized.

Maybe that would work for you.

#4514 April, 2021, 03:06 am.

I just had just experienced what others were complaining about. After I defeated the basilisk, it came back up with zero stamina. There was nothing I could do to defeat it or defend myself (no options one way or the other.) So I just tapped on the screen, then a message came letting me know that I took too long to defeat it. It only took me 10 spell energy to defeat the basilisk so it should have been okay. I only got the rewards from the guards. This usually just happens once in a while during fortress challenges, not with Adversaries. Maybe we should be allowed to use Dawdle Draughts with Adversaries.

• NuttyNat2000NuttyNat2000 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #4614 April, 2021, 04:27 am.

Please can we stop with tasks that are reliant on the RNG being kind as well as those which are exponentially more difficult for players who have invested more in the game. The place 3 images task when I got to it 24 hrs ago required me to complete at least 28 adversaries with a maximum of 62. Now I still need at least 17 with a maximum of 53. At this rate I might complete this task by Christmas.

#4714 April, 2021, 05:00 am.

Does anyone know if speed and accuracy in tracing the spells contribute to critical hits and/or increased damage to the foe?

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited April 14 #4814 April, 2021, 07:59 am.

@Djea you can test this yourself by being deliberately slow and inaccurate - spell speed/accuracy makes no difference for oddities/fortresses/adversaries (as long as it’s successful)

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭✭
    #4914 April, 2021, 08:33 am.

there's no telling about attack spell accuracy in fortress/knight buss and oddities/adversaries isnt it?

maybe about the "targeting meter"? the quicker its get full the most likely to get critical cast?

#5114 April, 2021, 03:01 pm.

Despite my early skepticism, I just finished the place three images task.

I was fortunate as I had trouble getting the Acromantula Egg and was unable to prestige to bronze until the event began. However, I had collected significant traces on the page for several items that were already starred. By the time I prestiged to Bronze, I was half way to placing most of the images already. I focused on Aragog and only completed the first two guards for the Basilisk.

The three images I placed were after I bronzed and they were Aragog, and the Venom, plus I needed the just two Basilisk eyes to place that item and prestige the Basilisk to silver.

This underscores the strategy to not place an image if you have already started it and hold it until you Presige the page. The DADA rewards are greater and in this case it helped me complete the bonus round of the event.

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #5214 April, 2021, 04:08 pm.

Might be the first event I won't be able to finish (I am a day 1 player)... both registry pages I already had on silver... maxing 3 images is quite hard at this stage.... especially during week days.

• ChemistryIsFunChemistryIsFun Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #5314 April, 2021, 05:32 pm.

I actually appreciate the fact that the "place 3 images" task is the first time I've seen a task that scales appropriately with player environment. Anybody who has already gotten a page to gold may very well have worked hard to do so, but they also (by definition) play in an area with MANY more spawns than many other players. Yes, this task will be hard for them. But it will actually be equally hard for the urban player with a gold frame and the rural player with a bronze frame.

So, while it's fair to suggest that the task may be too challenging for an event of a given length, I think that more tasks that are scaled to be more challenging specifically for players who play in "easier" environments would be appropriate. Particularly since some of those players keep calling for events to be made "more challenging" - which, when applied globally, can make them virtually impossible for rural players, mobility challenged players ,etc.

I'll take placing images over "masterful casts in a row" tasks any day. Given that the latter are impossible for players using certain devices, players with rheumatoid arthritis, etc.

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #5414 April, 2021, 05:57 pm.

I was losing hope too soon ;) My missus drove me around for about two hours and I was able to finish the event... love you hun...😘

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    #5514 April, 2021, 11:56 pm.

I was able to finish the main tasks within around 24 hours and just completed the bonus this morning - now just working on prestiging the Aragog page to silver. For everyone complaining about the bonus assignment for placing 3 images, I think the bonus was designed to get lower level players to prestige their pages on this second round of these feared adversaries to get DADA and spell books so they can afford to advance in their lessons to hopefully be able to start on the lethal skills when they're needed. Anybody who already has these pages at gold already likely has all of those lethal lessons completed, or at least a few of them. I agree with @ChemistryIsFun that it scales nicely and am happy with the event!

• Ladyhawk29Ladyhawk29 Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #5615 April, 2021, 12:18 am.

Sigh This is the first event I can't finish. Placing 3 images for adversaries is unachievable for a short mid week event.

• YodalinoYodalino Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #5715 April, 2021, 03:05 am.

Not even going to finish the first event. I've seen 1 Aragog so far, and 1 dragon. I work in a school so no play time during the day (we're blocked I guess), and nothing appearing at night. Usually I can finish these from home, but no go this time. At least I still have all of the potions I was brewing up in anticipation of this event

#5815 April, 2021, 04:28 am.

completed all and bonus tasks, also i welcome the "diversity" of other non event adversaries because this is the only time i could get the adversaries fragments.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 82 ✭✭✭
    #5915 April, 2021, 08:59 am.

@ChemistryIsFun: Well, the idea that the quest "scales" is interesting, but I don't think it does as well as you suggest. The problem that I have with these "Place x images", or by extension "Earn x family XP" which realistically is the same thing is that players start on a very uneven playing field.

It doesn't really matter if you have the pages on gold or not. The actual question is how many fragments you are away from placing the next image. Yes, somebody that already prestiged the page to gold and did not collect any fragments afterwards has the most fragments to return. However, somebody that just placed the image before receiving the quest is pretty screwed regardless of the color of his frame. Yeah, he might have to return less fragments if he is on bronze instead of gold, but as you point out there is actually a reason why he is there and not at gold (not only induced by his environment but also by how much time he can spend on playing).

On the other hand, somebody that has only a few fragments to return is pretty well off, regardless of what the color of his frame is.

I'm kind of ok with these types of quests in BEs, where everybody starts from the same "no fragements placed" state, but I think they are bad in concept for any other registry page...

#6015 April, 2021, 09:31 am.

the place image task thingy supposed to be not hard eventhough had reach gold page as long as you not stop capturing/returning.

and for "easy" player with abundance traces and adversary on map, that is not for whinning for.

its different when traces are not easy to see on map and even more worst for adversary.

my area is not very abundant for traces and adversary only seen on weekly basis. its not easy to complete the task but its not impossible.

well maybe still impossible for lockdown area and EDM only player (my EDM is only for just in case there is another used x EDM task like last event)

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    #6115 April, 2021, 10:58 am.

I think there's a mistake in the title. It should be "April Adversaries Event 2 - EVERYTHING BUT Basilisk and Aragog".

From the beginning of the event until this morning I had seen and returned 1 (one!) basilisk. True, there were a couple more Aragogs, so I managed to complete its task and the "deal x damage" task as well. Since this morning (4 hours ago) I've had the app almost constantly active. The last 45 minutes I even spent walking between high spawn areas, even though my home is not bad on spawns either. Since this morning I've seen about 20 adversaries. Out of these 20, 3 (three!) were the basilisk.

Out of these 3:

• one disappeared when I needed one more shot to **** the basilisk,
    • for one I got the same error @DJEA describes (in my case it was not the basilisk itself, but the spider before that) and
    • one I actually returned.

So I'm now at 2/3 returned.

I'm furious! If the event is supposed to be focused on two adversaries, it's not normal to get as many or even more non-event adversaries. Only in the last 4 hours, I've seen three Pettigrews, at least three Greybacks, 1 Malfoy, 1 Narcissa, 2 Dragons, at least one Lockhart and some more Aragogs.

When the event requires X amount of foundables I can take a TTD and / or use Dark Detectors and collect them. For adversaries I theoretically have EDM, which however just give me random adversaries and not the event-specific one. Please, I beg you, change this for future events!

This morning I thought I could not only manage to finish the event, but maybe even also the bonus rounds. Now I have my doubts I'm actually going to finish the event itself. Let's hope that the "complain-in-the-forum-and-it-shows-up-magic" does its trick.