April Adversaries Event 2 - Basilisk and Aragog

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,100 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 April, 2021, 08:54 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Make sure your combat skills are perfectly refined as you enter a rematch with Aragog and the Basilisk!

From Monday, April 12 at 11 a.m. PT–Thursday, April 15 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased Adversary sightings of the Aragog and the Basilisk
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 25%
  • Increased Wizarding XP and Challenge Family XP from completing Challenges

Players between Level 4 and Level 14 will be able to access a special Baruffio’s Spotlight Event during this time, with the following bonuses:

• Baruffio’s Brain Elixir brew time reduced to 6 hours
  • Master Notes will reduce Baruffio’s Brain Elixir brew time by 50%
  • Baruffio’s Brain Elixir effects increased to 3X

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 126 ✭✭✭✭
    #207 April, 2021, 06:45 pm.

"But why couldn't it me follow the butterflies??"

Thank you @hpwulola for the event info!💜

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #307 April, 2021, 07:15 pm.

For the task lists and rewards check out the Taskforce Times Quick Reference:

One link is all you need. Digging though Twitter and Instagram are a thing of the past.

• Nelly2972Nelly2972 Posts: 4
    #407 April, 2021, 07:55 pm.

Fortresses have a bug and haven’t been fixed for days.

• Silverclaw24Silverclaw24 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #708 April, 2021, 03:55 am.
  • Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    #1108 April, 2021, 01:17 pm.

Luckily, i have bronze fragment so i can easily for finish task. If you gold frame, unlucky this is cannot finish work task too.

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #1208 April, 2021, 06:20 pm.

I have brewing time reduced by 26% on strong and potent exstimulos. Will I get 26% + 25% reduction during the event? Or just 25% ?

I saw people complaining during the last event that they were actually brewing slower than normal. (I didn't check myself) Is that fixed this time?

Place 3 images is impossible unless you are very lucky or very prepared. I don't think I'll aim for the tasks, only enjoy the adversary spaws.

I totally agree with @BenTiger : does the dev team still play this game? During the recent events it seemed like they were just picking tasks and rewards at random, not understanding the time, energy or potions required to do them. The rewards this time are ridiculously low. I can get +5 DADA books defeating 5 adversaries way weaker than the basilisk and aragog (I'm a prof, with the SOS training giving me an extra shot and combat training giving me critical casts, I can sometimes beat Greyback or Lockart with just the one strong exstimulo). 60 gold is like 5 days of normal play with the basic daily tasks, less if you get gold dropping from foundables. And it won't cover the price of cauldron rental to brew the potions required to achieve the event tasks.

I started playing around the "One year later" events, you got spell energy capacity extensions rewards back then. That was something else!Why not give us potion capacity extension as a reward for the adversaries event ?

+ The in-game announcement doesn't warn about the bonus tasks. You'd think they'd add at least a hint after all the people (myself included) going "OMG, there are bonus tasks????" when they went to collect the rewards just before the start of the brilliant event.

I also play Hogwart's Mystery and at least when they make a mistake everybody gets a big energy gift or something. So you're thinking "okay, to err is human, thanks for the freebie guys." And you don't write annoying long rants on their forum. ;-)

• TdactylTdactyl Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #1309 April, 2021, 05:46 am.

The rewards for these adversary tasks don't seem equal to the effort needed to complete them. Especially when the event isn't actually modified to play at home, edms don't actually produce the target adversaries and those of us not in big locations have to go out to find them (i.e. 2 traces have shown up at my place today. A whole 2!) . Also, weren't edms dropping from winning at one point? Is that still a thing because I haven't gotten one since launch.

I skipped the last event in hopes that this one would be worth it, but not so sure.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 569 ✭✭✭
    #1409 April, 2021, 06:57 am.

@Karmassus The people who complained about brewing times just didn't understand how it worked. Everything was fine with it.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    #1509 April, 2021, 08:17 am.

Yeah, big "No" to part 2: Since I haven't prestiged many of the pages I guess the first task would be okish for me (btw, great example of why "place x images" or "earn y FXP" quests are stupid (for families other than Brilliant ones, at lesat there everybody starts fresh) , but:

Completing all tasks requires defeating the final adversary 22 times (6 for the part 1, 16 times for part 2). Compare that to most previous events which only needed 3, or the last dragon one which needed 3+13=16. So, for me the rewards are not worth the cost (i.e. mostly the time to do the boring adversary battles).

It's fine though, I don't feel the need to complete everything (just like I early on decided that I won't strive to prestige the adversary pages, I just don't enjoy that gameplay and I don't get anything worthwhile in return).

Kind of ironic that hardcore players which are likely to want to take on the part 2 tasks will find them hardly possible to do because they also likely already have those pages gold and stared so placing images will be - uhm - challenging?

• SwampRatUKSwampRatUK Posts: 57 ✭✭✭
    #1609 April, 2021, 11:45 am.

@HalloMami - probably more like 10 for the last tasks (assuming each adversary counts to both tasks) - but still quite a lot

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    #1709 April, 2021, 12:03 pm.

@SwampRatUK Ah, sorry, misread, you are right. So it is the same as the previous adversary thing then. Still, with it being during the week, I'd probably still skip the second part.

#1809 April, 2021, 07:47 pm.

@Lycindelle : ok thanks for the brewing time clarification

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1909 April, 2021, 08:41 pm.

@Karmassus Brewing time reductions from S.O.S. skills are applied before the brewing time reduction from mastery notes. The event is just changing the 15% brew time reduction from mastery notes to 25%, so you get a bonus 10% reduction in time from mastery notes vs. the 35% bonus (total of 50%) reduction that we were getting in previous Adversary events.

The drop from 50% to 25% during events was likely due to all the bugs that caused purchasing issues, combined with all the other major bugs causing a large amount of players to stop spending or quit playing, leading to a lot of lost revenue. They are looking for ways to increase player spending, which includes trying to force people into spending coins on potions and the rental cauldron.

• PomonaMrozPomonaMroz Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #2009 April, 2021, 09:56 pm.

“Increased Wizarding XP and Challenge Family XP from completing Challenges”

Does “Challenge Family XP” mean the Challenges XP (for red books) or Family XP to match the runestone (for family trunks)?

• PaperpuffPaperpuff Posts: 17 ✭✭
    edited April 10 #2110 April, 2021, 02:14 am.

The place images bonus task is insane. I’m mot even close to placing any of the images 😫

Then again, the rewards are totally not worth it anyway, so maybe it doesn’t really matter id we won’t finish.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭
    #2210 April, 2021, 06:27 am.

@PomonaMroz the former. Fxp from fam drop(s) wont be altered.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    #2310 April, 2021, 11:31 am.

Is there any complimentary gift from this event?

No free edm anymore?

#2410 April, 2021, 12:15 pm.

@Kodokmag looks like free edm if complimentary gift.

I hope next adveseries *next month* will be lethal on this time. I smell something in this fortress map too.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 83 ✭✭✭
    #2510 April, 2021, 12:26 pm.

I'm with most of you that the place 3 images task is going to be difficult. I'm going to prestige Aragog to Bronze and Basilisk to Silver in the first stage of the event (unavoidable) so I won't have a head start on any of them. Going to be a tough slog.

What I can do though is just not engage with the Adversary and focus on guards. Reduces use of resources and still get two per dark mark.

Will have to see how it works out. Don't like weekday events.

#2610 April, 2021, 02:34 pm.

@Not4u13 if you stuck wave 3, flee combat and find again to quick find fragment. If you lucky drop, you get edm in adveseries too.

#2711 April, 2021, 07:42 am.

@BenTiger : Thanks. I guess after all the recent muck ups I'm more inclined to believe player complaints than official announcements. ;-)

The added 10% wasn't enough for me to remember if I'd indeed gotten a drop in brewing time during the event after reading those comments. I only remember it feeling slow compared to events with -50% on master notes.

#2811 April, 2021, 10:34 am.

@Karmassus -25% master notes is enough if you have SOS training reduce time brew. This is game make balance reduce time too.

• BaluzauBAERerBaluzauBAERer Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #3011 April, 2021, 04:07 pm.

I'm talking with some friends of mine. We are all lvl60-Players, playing HPWU since beginning and we all say: This will be the first Event since launching the game, that we can not solve, because WBGames, who got a lot of money from us make the Event nearly unsolvable for us. That's sad :-(

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 12 #3112 April, 2021, 02:53 pm.

@PomonaMroz challenge XP is

XP from fortress battles and adversary chains. Additionally we have to do 4 Forest IV (or higher) battles. If you focus on fortresses task and use a BBE battle with 5 teammates you'll get the XP for the task quickly. And there is a guaranteed fragments drop in Forest IV(and up)