Who is the Wizard Confoundable?

Dirtyjoe619Dirtyjoe619 Posts: 23 ✭✭
in Story #1 latest comment 29 March, 2020, 01:47 am.

Ever find it strange how this same wizard keeps popping up acting like a complete moron, and with the exception of when he's about to get his skull bashed in by a bludger, our first reaction to him is to either put him in a bubble or flip him. No threats or or warning just blast him. Does anyone else find that odd?

Comments

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #224 July, 2019, 01:05 am.

Clearly he is a cad. Have you seen his facial hair?

What gets me is that he's able to hold off Mad Eye Moody.

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #324 July, 2019, 01:39 am.

Hmm... The epitome of "that guy"

Sometimes the Confoundables seem to take the form of someone who is seemingly on our side. For instance the dopey wizard when we secure the bludger vs every other time we see him... Or the Ministry Administrator when shes holding someone hostage vs when we save her from an orb of water.

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #624 July, 2019, 03:26 am.

Lol yes I do remember that!😂😂

#724 July, 2019, 03:27 am.

But then again, shouldn’t there be a spell to keep the wand in hand?? They are magic after all...

#824 July, 2019, 04:21 am.

How would you cast a spell on your own wand hand?

#924 July, 2019, 01:32 pm.

You don’t have to cast it on your hand. Lumos makes the wand tip glow. Why no spell to make the wand “stick?”

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭
    #1024 July, 2019, 01:54 pm.

This spell probably doesn’t exist. Harry used expelliarmus on the Elder Wand when fighting You-Know-Who and that led to his victory. If there was a spell that held the wand in place, I’m sure it would be a common spell one would cast before dueling due to the fact that the expelliarmus spell exists.

So...we will have to consider it just like a weapon. If you are about to duel someone in fencing...rule number one is to make sure you have a good grip on your weapon. The wizards must learn that important key as well if they mean to succeed.

• GlimmermirGlimmermir Posts: 75 ✭✭✭
    #1124 July, 2019, 03:44 pm.

Imagine if you had the stickyhand [*] spell on and then someone cast expelliarmus on you! You'd be lucky to just lose a layer of skin and not the hand!

[*] Now I want to create the Jam Hands Jinx... Everyone who's watched a toddler knows what I mean.

#1224 July, 2019, 03:56 pm.

I'm with @Glimmermir on this, you'd hopefully see the band strap but if it didn't then you'd probably see your hand go flying with it... :/

• CrogabattoirCrogabattoir Posts: 79 ✭✭
    #1324 July, 2019, 05:48 pm.

I think I would cast a spell on a ring or a bracelet that if my wand was knocked from my hand it would return to the item in a magnetic fashion. That way the wand wouldn't be tied to my physical being.

Kind of a fun discussion.

#1424 July, 2019, 06:02 pm.

Y’all I know... lol. Why expelliarmus works so well. It’s just something I wondered... why not?@Glimmermir your comment made me laugh!

#1525 July, 2019, 04:17 am.

@Crogabattoir lol, I just imagined Thor holding his hand out and summoning a wand. Neat idea though, create an Accio wand charm for the ring

#1625 July, 2019, 04:49 am.

@CytopeAchen 😂😂😂

• NearlyHeedlessNearlyHeedless Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #1725 July, 2019, 04:04 pm.

Was pointed here for the wand slippage, but on the main topic - does anyone have a picture of Grim Fawley? This guy doesn't strike me as a "Grim" anything but its one guy we know of that seems mixed up in the Calamity...

#1825 July, 2019, 05:37 pm.

@NearlyHeedless In your Registry under Mysteries>Chapter 2>Page 2 is an Unspeakables Badge with a rough picture of him.

• NearlyHeedlessNearlyHeedless Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #1925 July, 2019, 06:00 pm.

@CytopeAchen - thanks, doesn't look like him (though that photo is terrible)

#2025 July, 2019, 06:13 pm.

Speaking of Grim’s ID, which is terrible I know, but... on the department line, it says Improper Use of Magic. The description says clearance for Dept of Mysteries. ?? Also, why does it seem like he has 6 fingers on his right hand? Or at least 6 fingerprints for his right hand?

#2126 July, 2019, 12:59 pm.

@Dogoutlaw lol, hadn't noticed that. You got me looking and now I'm seeing other strange things. Did you see all the references to planets? Jupiter Finger, Saturn Finger, Mercury Finger and then instead of a standard dob his is in Pisces in Leo... Last I checked the wizarding world used the same calendar system.

@NearlyHeedless are you referencing the tv show Grim? Sorta confused by the doesn't look like him comment.

#2226 July, 2019, 06:18 pm.

@CytopeAchen the DOB reference is definitely funny. But they do study astrology... maybe it’s a throwback to how they used to determine dates in the 1000’s. The Jupiter finger, etc is palmistry I believe, so while funny, it didn’t take me aback. One thing I really can’t get is his height, measured in ft-inches... I feel like they would use metric or even some other magical measurement, like Merlin beards or something.

#2327 July, 2019, 12:30 am.

😆 😆 😆 Merlin beards! He does appear to be a rather small individual...

Good point, it just caught me off guard as in the books HPs bday was July 31st not the second phase of Aquarius or something like that. Didn't know that about Palmistry, thank you for the enlightenment sir!

Side note: wonder what awesomeness they have in store for us for the 31st...

#2427 July, 2019, 12:55 am.

Yeah he does seem on small side. I think one of the dialogs early on mentioned how quiet and small he was...

ahem... ma’am😂😂😂 and yeah, was thinking of HP’s birthday too. Who knows, maybe someone decided to get creative.

Oooh, good point. Just around the corner!!

• AuroraKadavraAuroraKadavra Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2527 July, 2019, 07:56 am.

Ive been thinking about that wizard lol- like is he a good guy or bad guy? And hes gotta b on some serious overtime pay!!

And that slytherin student must be seriously annoyed now at constantly being turned into a badger!! Seems to take it in her stride tho 😂

And the poor ministry guy who doffs his hat to us must have hypothermia!! 😂

I have to do my wizarding alone every day, too much time to think- can u tell ! 😂😂

#2627 July, 2019, 09:39 am.

Oh... Umm... Sorry Mrs @Dogoutlaw 😳😳😳

Hmm... Might stay up til midnight to see if Hagrid on a motorcycle joins the owls flying around.

😆 😆 😆 @Auroracrucius the struggle is real!

#2727 July, 2019, 01:57 pm.

@Auroracrucius technically it's a ferret.

https://youtu.be/7QJ_N5zhgaE

#2827 July, 2019, 02:02 pm.

@Osprey1 lol I thought the same. Love that scene!!

@CytopeAchen it’s all good. Funny thing about forums, you just never know....😂😂😂

• DubiousAffairsDubiousAffairs Posts: 235 ✭✭✭
    #2907 August, 2019, 01:08 pm.

If the Wizarding World had TV, that wizard would be the shopping channel example of a clumsy person who needs the latest gadget.

• MadamSargeMadamSarge Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3007 August, 2019, 02:09 pm.

I've decided that he's Mundungus Fletcher's dopey nephew. He'd be easy to Confound.