How to get more unicorn hairs? Difficult adversaries need the potent.

MyshadeofredMyshadeofred Posts: 1
in General Questions #1 latest comment 14 June, 2021, 10:33 pm.

Why do I get only two hairs in over 20 port keys? 5 of which were 5 km. I can’t seem to find any opening port keys. Doesn’t matter if 1, 1.5, 2.5 or 5k.

Answers

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭✭
    #202 April, 2021, 07:13 am.

get a swing, then you can start opening abt 20-40 portks a day and game the rng in your fav and acquire all the unicorn hair you could ever possibly want to the point where you start having to decide if youll expand the ingred. vault or start deleting some.

• BollaRiceBollaRice Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #303 April, 2021, 05:18 am.

I've been unable to find unicorn hair for a while - used to be more attainable.

Swings haven't worked since adventure sync broke

• Snowbird43Snowbird43 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #418 April, 2021, 01:10 pm.

There's no Unicorn Hair the last 3 Weeks !

That's not fair Niantic !

• GhostVioletGhostViolet Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #519 April, 2021, 12:40 am.

I would recommend stocking up on Brilliant Portmanteaus during the brilliant events. In my experience, brilliant portkeys are more likely to reward you with unicorn hair than the regular ones

• ProfessortululaProfessortulula Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #629 April, 2021, 04:35 am.

The unicorn hair availability debacle seems quite questionable — just became an issue in the last 6 months. 30 coins to get one unicorn hair and adversaries requiring potent exstimulo— hardly a coincidence.

• ProfessorJoyProfessorJoy Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #713 May, 2021, 07:54 pm.

I need unicorn hair too.

Pls add me for exchange Exstimulo gift.

5744 4420 2016

• RumpelstilzkinRumpelstilzkin Posts: 60 ✭✭
    #801 June, 2021, 06:42 pm.

@ProfessorJoy have you gotten any unicorn hair out of those gifts? The two I have opened just had other ingredients. I remember the rate being much better, about 80%.

• NorajCandiesNorajCandies Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #901 June, 2021, 07:13 pm.

you don't need potent (unicorn hair) against adversaries

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    #1001 June, 2021, 09:57 pm.

I got super lucky the other day and got 20 unicorn hairs from 2 paramount portkeys (8 in one, 12 in the other).

#1107 June, 2021, 04:36 pm.

I got 12 from a paramount portkey, but Exstimulo ingredient gifts are 0/5.

#1209 June, 2021, 12:56 pm.

1/7 now.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1311 June, 2021, 11:07 am.

Theres always been a high demand for unicorn hair and some players have had more problems in getting a hold of them than others. However it does seem that demand has increased, but it hasn’t become much easier to get the elusive ingredient, especially for those that were already finding it difficult.

It is currently possible to not use potents and get through feared adversaries and fortress chambers (when in good teams) without much of a problem, but I doubt that will be the case for lethal adversaries once they are released. Even if it will be possible, it’s unlikely to be ideal, so potents will probably be used more. Just hope that at least by then it will be easier to come across unicorn hair.

• PernicianovowPernicianovow Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #1412 June, 2021, 07:18 pm.

Open more port keys.

I only keep 20 friends so they always receive good gifts and return the favor. (just delete not great gifts) Some destinations via Portmanteaus seem to bear more unicorn hairs than others. When opening those use a brain elixir and possible to be doubled or more. Also know that a Potent Exstimulo potion can be be almost as good once gained extra uses through SOS training.

#1514 June, 2021, 01:38 pm.

Update: 4/11 for the gifts now. The recent 4 all had unicorn hair.

Portkeys have been very good. I didn’t keep track during community day, but I now have more than 30.

(formatting here is unintentional)

edited June 14 #1614 June, 2021, 01:43 pm.

@Pernicianovow Lethals are going to be a problem if the Feared training really doesn’t apply. When I extrapolate from what the Hungarian Horntail used to **** before I learned to dodge, Voldemort looks impossible to defeat, even with PE. Him not dodging me doesn’t help much if he can wipe me out before I get a second spell in.

• NhixNhix Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1714 June, 2021, 10:33 pm.

I have noticed that whenever I have one or two of the other exstimulo ingredients missing, I have a high chance of getting unicorn hair from the portkeys.

This is my personal observation. It'll be interesting if anyone else has had the same experience.