Brilliat Marauder's Part 2 - Great Casts

YetShePersistsYetShePersists Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 02 April, 2021, 05:04 am.

Please immediately elimiate the Task in Part 3 re performing 5 Great Casts in a row. It's impossible for most people, including me. I'm Level 60, and have also accomplished the Masterful assignment. I was able to get to 4 Great Casts in a row one time, but was not able to get the fifth. More often, I would get one or two great casts, and not able to get the next one. Making the assignment 10 or even n.v 15 Great Casts is reasonable during the time frame of this event.

Placing this task in the middle of the event tasks mean that I will not be able to complete Task 3 or 4, or the Bonus, depriving me of precious Green and Red Books.

PLEASE CHANGE OR DELETE THIS TASK IMMEDIATELY.

Comments

• YetShePersistsYetShePersists Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    #231 March, 2021, 02:23 pm.

I was able to complete the task, by only fighting against Aguamenti casts. But, this is still a lousy task. It forced me to give up attacking Oddities and Adversaries, because apparently, even though the casts for those foes aren't graded, they restart the Great Casts count.

• Witchywoman101Witchywoman101 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #331 March, 2021, 03:44 pm.

Please eliminate this game stopping task. If you won’t eliminate it, at least modify it to three in a row, which might be doable. I’m not a new player (lv 54), and yet this task may well prevent me from finishing and claiming any rewards. Why would you want to do that?

• ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    #401 April, 2021, 12:51 am.

I have gotten to 4 in a row a couple of times, 3 in a row a few times......but this is ridiculous 🙄

• ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    #501 April, 2021, 12:52 am.

Not to mention, if you have any fine motor challenges or disabilities it's pretty unfair.

• IexmagicIexmagic Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #602 April, 2021, 03:56 am.

I second this comment wholeheartedly. This Brilliant event lasts only 5 days rather than the customary 1 week, and trying to cast 5 Great casts in a row takes far too much time, leaving very little bandwidth to complete the next also very difficult task of casting 4 Masterfuls.

I feel these tasks are discriminatory towards players who have problems with motor skills or perhaps have a smartphone model that is not as responsive as other phones for casting skillful Spell casts. In the past, events have been designed so that if people put in the work, they will be able to complete the tasks. It's more about time spent and diligence than motor skills. I'm not saying don't include requirements to cast Great or Masterful spells, just don't make them so difficult, especially if there is limited time.

Also, if you are going to require something as difficult as 4 Masterful spell casts, at least include Calamaties for every spell type. Obviously each person will be better at certain spells than others. In this task, Aguamenti has barely come up at all and that is the one where I can most easily cast a Masterful. I simply can't easily cast Masterfuls for many other spell types. I even used a Trace Detection Tonic in the hopes of finding more Aguamenti Calamaties, but it didn't help.

• Hazym8Hazym8 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #702 April, 2021, 05:04 am.

Making masterful casts is impossible and at level 52 I've done about 4 the whole time playing. Less worried about not getting books and more that I will never be able to complete the page. So this 5 greats took 24 hours and was not fun. Why make the game impossible and not fun?