April Adversaries Event 1

Comments

• MsUpTheIronsMsUpTheIrons Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited April 3 #6203 April, 2021, 10:27 am.

This event is suuuper mice. Loving all those eggs!

Post edited by MsUpTheIrons on
  • DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6303 April, 2021, 11:20 am.

@hpwulola tell the team congrats, they managed to make adversary event(s) as boring as a brilliant, no spawns whatsoever to keep anyone interested...

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6403 April, 2021, 11:36 am.

@hpwulola Thanks for this event, I’ve finally prestiged my last two silver pages to gold!

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 186 ✭✭✭✭
    #6503 April, 2021, 05:30 pm.

@Drakonite try getting out if you can - I'm already at 8 dragons on the bonus assignment from walking around and being a passenger in a car. They're out there (somewhere). Only got 2 from the required EDMs as others have noted though.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #6603 April, 2021, 06:22 pm.

@EPHedwig i only get out, i dont do edms too expensive, I walked outside from 10:00 my time to 14:00 my time and honestly I wouldnt find anything more than 1 spawn at a time every 30mins which...is what i find non event days, then I returned home b/c f-it not worth it, then after I had calmed down i got out again 1800-2000 and there were marginally better/more spawns but daaarn they are so much decreased compared to the earlier events when adver events were fuuuuuun! The gluttony!!! now it is not so far in this event.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
    edited April 3 #6803 April, 2021, 07:17 pm.

Wow, there really is an Epilog to this Adversaries Event. I am so happy that I pushed myself to finish the special assignment. Now, I will have to walk a lot more. Does +2 dragons of 4 different types of dragons mean that I have to find and defeat Oddities dragons? I have not seen any yet during this event.

Thank you very much@HPWUTeam for the very enjoyable event. I am using up a lot of my silver keys. I hope I have enough energy to open all the portmanteaus (almost 100) that I need to prestige the 2 Oddities dragon pages. It is good that we can now do 10 at a time.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 360 ✭✭✭
    #7003 April, 2021, 08:50 pm.

@EPHedwig that is so cool 😊 Thank you very much!

• MacSeainMacSeain Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #7103 April, 2021, 11:39 pm.

I did the main task, but will pass on the bonus battles. Adversaries suck upo too many resources, and the dragons are the worst since they bounce around too much. I'll get brewing for the next brilliant event and pass on the dragons. Thanks

• SpondeeSpondee Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    #7304 April, 2021, 01:24 am.

The Epilogue idea was interesting, but after all the difficulty of finding 3 NRs (few were spawning) after playing for 2 days and now I have a day and a half to find 13 more dragon adversaries and vanquish them? A lot to do in 1 weekend.

Fun event overall, but too much to do in 1 weekend.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 403 ✭✭✭
    edited April 4 #7404 April, 2021, 01:44 am.

@ZealmanPlaysYT or anyone else:

How many times can we complete the epilogue? Once then done or until end of the event??

@SilverWolfSr completely agree. Call ‘em out!

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #7504 April, 2021, 02:49 am.

Isn't anyone else having trouble finding Norwegian Ridgebacks? I've seen a lot of adversaries, multiple dragons, but zero Ridgebacks. None spawning with my Dark Marks either. Complete drain of resources without being able to finish the event so far. The dragon eggs are nice but I need over 200 to prestige my pages and can't walk far. I'm not appreciating this event much at this point.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #7604 April, 2021, 02:59 am.

i give up on eggs, not enough key. LoL

• SpondeeSpondee Posts: 85 ✭✭✭
    #7704 April, 2021, 05:22 am.

@enTrained I finally got my last Ridgeback but it took HOURS. They definitely are not spawning as much as the others :/

• Witch4Witch4 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited April 4 #7804 April, 2021, 11:51 am.

I am not getting any adversaries for the Norweign Ridgeback at all so how am I supposed to finish the tasks? Don't think it is fair. Something needs to be done.

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 50 ✭✭
    #7904 April, 2021, 11:52 am.

@Djea and others, one must have at least spell energy to defeat the dragon when getting the bonus assignment reward.

• GregoryJacobGregoryJacob Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #8004 April, 2021, 12:03 pm.

As my country is still on lockdown and Adventure Sync is still broken, it would be great if the upcoming events would not require walking, so people wouldn't have to break national lockdown rules.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #8104 April, 2021, 03:28 pm.

This has been a difficult but fun event. The Adversaries themselves are the most difficult of the lot. There was fewer spell energy available for the taking, the Ex and Wit brew time reduction was half what it has been in the past and the epilog extended the challenge. Add to that the dragon egg and fortress components and this was a complete event for sure.

I won't be able to prestige both dragon pages as I don't have enough silver keys and can't walk another 30 Km to finish them off even with the time left.

As a higher level player, this event was more entertaining than the last few because it seemed targeted at the higher level players. That's what Adversary challenges mean for me at least, and that makes sense since you need to really have completed all lesson plans to even enter the Adversary tree.

Having a game that offers something for both higher level and lower level players is important to keep everyone playing.

Sorry to those experiencing game glitches. I saw a few of my own, but only when trying to capture Adversary chains while a passenger in a car.

I will be focusing the next several hours of gameplay on prestiging Adversary pages rather than completing the chains. Focusing on the first two guards only may not provide DADA books, but it is far less resource intensive and the game is designed such that it doesn't expect you to complete a chain every time you engage. The best DADA rewards are for placing images in silver pages and above, so getting to silver is a priority once you have starred the final Adversary on a page.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #8204 April, 2021, 03:45 pm.

I haven’t done any of the Advanced Adversarial Combat lessons because it doesn’t seem as if I’ve needed them. I was thinking of doing some for this event since the dragons are a PitA but I am wondering what “Adversaries in Feared Chains” means. Specifically the “Feared Chains” part. Is that just a flowery way of saying Adversary chains or does it refer to certain chains only?

• GregoryJacobGregoryJacob Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #8304 April, 2021, 04:35 pm.

@CeruleanGirl There are two types of adversaries, feared and lethal. The first pages if your challenge registry are the feared ones, and the second is the lethal ones. We only had feared adversaries yet, lethals will be so much harder.

E.g. Pettigrew, Aragog, dragons are Feared.

Barty Crouch JR, Umbridge and Voldemort are Lethals.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #8404 April, 2021, 06:09 pm.

@Not4u13 100% agree. I sympathise with those that had any difficulties, but found it to be an extremely agreeable event.

@hpwulola Please pass on my thanks to the team.

• ResurrectionIvyResurrectionIvy Posts: 61 ✭✭
    #8504 April, 2021, 07:54 pm.

@hpwulola In the bonus round, when I tap on “Place Image”, I see only a dark woods screen with “+0” on it. I just checked my registry and the fragment count for this dragon is till “0”! Please tell me you can fix my counts 🙏🏻 This happened with all of the first 3 dragons in the bonus event. I will complete the last one today. Hope I get credit for that one as well, one way or another 😬

Aside from this, I have really enjoyed this challenge and I have had good spawn rates in my little corner of the world. I’m with the others on this; why is the game performance so different in different locations? With the health app on an iPhone linked to the game, even if the game gps is glitchy, I get credit. Maybe you could make a general in-game announcement about the app mentioned by @Not4u13

I have not ventured into Discord to find people to battle with. I wish the game would aggregate players into the same fortress to make it easier to find a team, but as I am not a programmer, I really have no idea how possible this is. Thus, I really enjoy challenges that encourage higher level play. I realize that it sometimes makes it challenging when a new player isn’t a lot of help, but, as long as they’re TRYING, I just look at it as another variable - I have a few potions on hand just in case. I was a new player once and there were many who helped me. You can see the player levels in the waiting room. If you don’t care for the mix, you can always leave - just please leave by the 30 sec mark 😁

• FixMyGreenStarsFixMyGreenStars Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    #8604 April, 2021, 07:57 pm.

Finish Gold Him

Wheres the Lethals????

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 324 ✭✭✭
    #8704 April, 2021, 07:58 pm.

Not so fast for all! There's a bonus task for reward oddities dragon too.

Happy farming adveseries dragon!

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    #8804 April, 2021, 08:17 pm.

Still not a single Norwegian Ridgeback. I've seen 2 and 3 adversaries spawn at a time and not a one of the featured adversary. Surely the event can't be well designed for this to occur.

• TheGreyhazeTheGreyhaze Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #8904 April, 2021, 11:41 pm.

Finished getting all 13 ancient dragons and got the rewards, well, I thought I did. The screen would go black and just hang there after fighting each of the reward dragons. I'd have to restart and just assumed these were added to my trace counts. I happened to catch the qty of the last one (the Chinese Fireball), and after restarting - checked it, it did not increase. Anyone else miss out on the reward count?

• RaidenglRaidengl Posts: 61 ✭✭
    #9004 April, 2021, 11:50 pm.

There where some good things about this event but the last set of tasks seems a bit much. I've beaten 7 dragons but every EDM I use keeps giving me Narcissa and it feels like they have upped her difficulty. I'm running out of resources and don't want to spend real money.

• BlackSwanRBlackSwanR Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited April 5 #9105 April, 2021, 02:45 am.

I hate this events so much and now I'm hating them more. I've been struggling to finish the other ones, but at least I got EDM from those. Not only I had to buy them this time, but they're completely useless. They show nothing or the wrong adversaries all the time. And there's even a bonus part? It's impossible without money, but I'm sure that's exactly the point. Now, if the evens were not connected to the story I wouldn't complain so much, but since they are and I can't get that part of the story back I feel very frustrated. I can't even go around that much and the assistance, as always it's useless. I used to like this game, but it's getting difficult in a stupid expensive.