Game won’t load away from home

Michole55Michole55 Posts: 2 ✭✭
in General Questions #1 latest comment 07 October, 2021, 12:04 am.

I can’t go in and out of the game or it won’t reload. Since I also play POKÉMON GO this is an issue. It will reload as soon as I get home. VERY annoying. It has been going on for a few weeks. Please contact me so it can be resolved.

Comments

• ProfPitBossProfPitBoss Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #204 April, 2021, 12:42 pm.

This sounds like “the game won’t load while on cellular LTE” issue that’s been happening since the last update. If you switch your phone to 3G it will load snd then switch it back to LTE then you can play.

• nanacindersnanacinders Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #308 April, 2021, 06:09 pm.

Could this be related to that update as well? I am having a strange connection issue. I have a Wi-Fi hotspot in my car, so usually I play the game while connected to the hotspot, rather than using up my mobile data. The hotspot is unlimited, but mobile data is not. For the last few weeks, the game will not connect if I am on the Wi-Fi hotspot. It will only connect if I am only on mobile data. It connects via Wi-Fi just fine at home, at Dunkin Donuts, at supermarket, doc's office..., just not my car Wi-Fi hotspot. I know the Wi-Fi hotspot is working OK because I can do just about everything else fine - stream music, internet searches, Facebook, etc. I tried a few things they suggest for connectivity issues, like clearing cache, clearing my Wi-Fi cache on phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the game. None of that helped. Any ideas what the issue could be?

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    #415 April, 2021, 12:28 pm.

Certain areas of my town, the game will NOT load. I will have all 4 bars but no game.

anyone else??

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    #515 April, 2021, 01:21 pm.

@WitchHiker When i use mobile data 4G, looks like just normal long loading. I suggest use wi-fi mode to smooth your loading.

• Taurus245frTaurus245fr Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #604 October, 2021, 12:09 pm.

Hello,

I had the same problem. It is now solved by changing the APN parameters and going back to IPv4 instead of IPv6. I am now able to authenticate when I use mobile data.

• GiraffeLoveMeGiraffeLoveMe Posts: 1
    #704 October, 2021, 07:33 pm.

If your WU account is linked to Facebook, you will have problems logging onto the game. Facebook, Instagram, and WhatsApp have been having issues all day. This in turn, is affecting playing WU.

• RainbowwanduserRainbowwanduser Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #806 October, 2021, 02:59 pm.

Trying to load the game but when it connects to my account it comes up with an error saying please restart. It does over and over.

• RainbowwanduserRainbowwanduser Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #906 October, 2021, 03:09 pm.
  • Subject6Subject6 Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1007 October, 2021, 12:04 am.

I was able to log on this morning before going to work, but haven't been able to since. For me, it's stuck on the opening loading screen with the bar almost halfway across. I'm back home and on my home wifi now and it still won't load. I've tried every possible solution that I've found and have restarted my phone multiple times... still nothing. I should easily be on page 3 of the current BE right now (all I had left on page 2 was to brew a couple more potions), but I'm completely stalled because I can't even open the game.