Upcoming Changes to Portkey Wrackspurts Rewards

HPWUMicahHPWUMicah Posts: 102 admin
in App Feedback #1 latest comment 03 September, 2019, 04:31 am.

We are releasing changes to Portkey rewards later this week that will decrease Wrackspurts rewards for 2km and increasing Wrackspurts rewards for 5km, 7km, and 10km Portkeys.

This will go into effect later this week, thanks for your understanding!

Comments

• Overflow4487Overflow4487 Posts: 389 ✭✭✭✭
    #223 July, 2019, 12:37 am.

Thanks for letting us know...guess I’m going to have to start thinking of how best to use my gold key now...

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    #323 July, 2019, 07:11 am.

Makes sense.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24 #524 July, 2019, 01:12 am.

Good timing, I'm now saving mine for the update. 👍️

edit: my wife just pointed out this may only apply to Portkeys acquired post update; would that be the case?

• CytopeAchenCytopeAchen Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭
    #624 July, 2019, 01:30 am.

@Overflow4487 due to the scarcity of silver keys I only use them to accomplish tasks/events and the rest of the time I just rotate my gold key through whatever portmaneaus I have from smallest to largest. Keeps me steadily unlocking and additionally racking up those super ones for a rainy day XP jump.

@ZookiTabooki I was wondering the same thing...

• Incog92Incog92 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1001 August, 2019, 04:09 am.

Please fix the bug of crashing/disappearing portkeys ASAP. I experience that every 3rd or 4th portkey on average just exits in the middle of searching for wrackspurts. No reward. This is especially annoying after walking 7 or 10 km to open. Must have lost close to 10 portkeys in this way since I started playing.

• DigitalisDigitalis Posts: 185 ✭✭✭
    #1102 August, 2019, 05:57 pm.

@Incog92 i have opened 256 portkeys and had this happen exactly once. i stepped through the portal after clicking the boot, tapped on two wrackspurts then lost it.

i am reasonably certain it happened because my gps location lost accuracy for a moment, there is one spot on my local routes where sometimes gps gets fuzzy for about ten feet. not always, but sometimes. just so happened that was where i was at when this happened. i lost the portkey and its walk effort to unlock it with no rewards other then counting towards my portkeys opened achievement.

never repeated because i wasnt willing to sacrifice one trying to test if gps loss was the problem - but pretty sure that is what caused it. i also cannot say for sure that deliberately avoiding that spot while interacting with the portkeys after opening has prevented a recurrence - but i have opened a lot of portkeys and only had the issue once.

@HPWUMicah hopefully this helps in narrowing down the issue.

#1302 August, 2019, 07:56 pm.

@Digitalis thanks for the info man! Suppose I hadn't paid enough attention in the past to recognize this. At least this way I can somewhat judge the different rewards from each a little better.

• TheRealHP55TheRealHP55 Posts: 73 ✭✭
    #1402 August, 2019, 10:51 pm.

That's great news. I really like the 10k portkeys. Cant wait to see the increase. These are the kind of surprises I like lol

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1502 August, 2019, 10:52 pm.

@Digitalis - Thanks for that info!

That's some handy stuff right there!

• CraeftCraeft Posts: 997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1703 August, 2019, 12:14 am.

FOUR SAGUARO GINGER?!?!

How EVER did you manage?! LOL :P

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1803 August, 2019, 05:28 am.

@Osprey1 that XP!😮

• GinnungagapGinnungagap Posts: 444 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 6 #1906 August, 2019, 05:38 pm.

So did this actually go into effect because I fail to see how this 7k portkey I just unlocked is even as good as a 2k.

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    #2006 August, 2019, 05:48 pm.

@Ginnungagap I just had the same experience. I received ONE honeywater, 2 Abraxan hairs, about 300 XP, and a measly 5 brilliant event points for my last 7km portkey. If that's better than the 2km will give out now, I'd better just throw those out and definitely will not use the Baruffio's strategy for portkeys anymore. Disappointing to walk further for that lack of pay off. Felt like I was Ron Weasley opening my secondhand formal robes just now.

#2106 August, 2019, 05:51 pm.

@Herm10neG92 I think it actually was just 5 event xp, it only became 10 because I was at 3/3... At this point I would like them to give us an option to get rid of portkeys. I don't know what balance was thought to be done, but it clearly is not balanced.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2206 August, 2019, 06:04 pm.

I thought, and I will go back and look later, that they decided not to touch the 2 and 7 and only increased the values for 5 and 10.

• Herm10neG92Herm10neG92 Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    #2406 August, 2019, 06:10 pm.

If the intent of the game is to get people to be active and move around more, you would think that the game aspect connected to your physical activity would actually be rewarding.

• Osprey1Osprey1 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2506 August, 2019, 06:13 pm.

I just went back and checked the thread above and they say they changed the sevens and tens and not the fives and the twos. This does not match what I experienced. I have not been picking up seven I'd rather have a five or a two.

#2606 August, 2019, 09:31 pm.

@Osprey1 Yeah it is pretty ugly. The math isn't hard. Each port key has 5 chances to get something. 10km port keys are 5x the distance required vs 2k but both have only 5 things that you receive. That means you can get 5 xp wracksprouts in a 2km to 1 xp wracksprout in the 10km. However, it is quite clear that the xp granting tables are not 5x higher. Again same thing applies to quantity of ingredients. Sure there may be a higher chance to get unicorn hair or dragon powder but you are still looking at a difference of having 20 additional opportunities from 2km keys.

@Herm10neG92 I have well over 30 hermit crab shells, wish I could trade them to you.

• LeFayeofAlbionLeFayeofAlbion Posts: 378 ✭✭✭✭
    #2709 August, 2019, 07:08 pm.

Then would you please consider getting silver keys more easy/get additional value out of silver keys, even if it is just one more use/provide us with one more gold key?

You could increase the value of the silver keys proportional to the portmanteaus they are used to open. Perhaps a silver key used Ona 10km portmanteau can only be used once, but on 5km portmanteaus it can be used twice and thrice on 2km portmanteaus etc

Hope you will consider this.

• ArtymerlArtymerl Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #2810 August, 2019, 07:16 am.

You know, some of us workout at the gym instead of going outside. Is it possible to have the portkeys open with a timer? maybe, for 10KM : it take 24 hours where as for a 2 km, it take 2.5 hrs etc?

#2910 August, 2019, 01:51 pm.

@Artymerl does your treadmill by chance have a Bluetooth function? I'm not sure but if you have an active app on your phone that can record the data via Bluetooth you might be able to open the game and possibly accomplish this. It's definitely a stretch but I'd give it a **** if it did.

• KhromagKhromag Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3014 August, 2019, 12:51 pm.

The Portkey interface needs one single addition for all of this to be really relevant and to work properly:

A delete button. Right now we have no choice about portkeys. We tap on them to pick them up not knowing what the portkey is. Then, whatever it is, we are stuck with it. We cannot choose to use a key on them or not: we HAVE to use a key on it - either now or later - to get rid of it. If we do not want to use a 2k because the reward is not likely to be of any benefit, and we ignore those, eventually all we will have are 2k portkeys and we will have to use them.

It just makes sense to be able to discard them, if we choose.

This is especially true of the event portkeys (and event runestones). See my other post about this event-related issue.

• WhitehorsemattWhitehorsematt Posts: 120 ✭✭✭
    #3114 August, 2019, 02:56 pm.

@CytopeAchen Doesn't work, the distance is based from diference in GPS location over time, so a treadmill won't register movement even if connected by bluetooth. Same with step counters like fitbits.

If adventure time app is ever made to work with WU, this would be possible, although I'd bet on a portkey nerf if that happens.