March Brilliant Event - Part 1

Comments

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #3222 March, 2021, 01:19 pm.

Finished the entire event, including bonus pages, in under 24 hours. Easiest yet.

A few observations.

1) Legends of Hogwarts spawns show up more often in the wild than with TFTD. I found most of them walking around, but only a few with TFTD.

2) Runestone tasks are much easier using Portkeys. Avoid collecting fragments not needed to complete a task until after you reach that stage to avoid being forced into the page when you obtain all fragments.

3) Legends of Hogwarts tasks do not count the additional fragments awarded by the trace charm towards the task. That's typical, but someone reported earlier it may have been fixed. It isn't.

4) Completing an event like this quickly requires a clear strategy a few days before. With the CD the day before, I still had a number of portkeys to clear, so I couldn't start on BE portkeys right away. That isn't helpful.

5) I had never completed DV on my own before. Since I reached that task pretty early, I had trouble getting a good mix, so went to it alone. Lots of Potions later, I finished with just 10 seconds to spare. Max Professor. Fully boosted Potions. It can be done.

I'm not looking forward to only 4 weekdays to complete part 2. That could be more challenging as I have significantly less time to play on weekdays.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    #3322 March, 2021, 03:52 pm.

Took a day to complete task set 1 - lack of wormtails, looks like similar for task2 - lack of Sirus (2 out of 4 - so such last post, at least spawning now). Even with TTD just wrong items are spawning - need to be more balanced, especially with shorter window. It is not lack of spawns - with TTD in my area - I hate to say too many to click through but just not the right type always. It is like the game knows what you need and reduced items needed. No longer need worm tails and 80-90% are now worm tails... completely opposite when on task1.

If the only way is going out - not going to happen on week-day and on lockdown.

• mahraazmahraaz Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #3422 March, 2021, 03:53 pm.

I only want 3 sirius black for this event. I've been playing the game all day, I've used four TTDs and there is nothing but millions of Snaps..!

What is going on seriously?

#3522 March, 2021, 04:15 pm.

Finally after 5th TTD.. final Sirus (RED - boggart, not orange). Third task should be relatively easy - just brewing potions is a chore... at least started brewing early but still with reduced time, likely will not finish my 2nd set of bonus tasks since the events began (but we will see)...

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    #3622 March, 2021, 06:07 pm.

@SILVERWOLFSR I'm having trouble with Lily too. I only have 2 runestones left and I need 2 Lily's. I'm not optimistic. Why is the game being so stingy dropping her?!

• BionicMansterBionicManster Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #3722 March, 2021, 08:50 pm.

@Stupefy I've had a similar problem. I'm in task 2. I've used 3 TTDs, and taken 30 James Potters, more Wormtails, and other stuff, but haven't seen one single Sirius Black.

Having to use potions to complete the tasks is expected. Using them and still not being able to complete the task is a broken game.

Niantic, if you expect us to Save Sirius, you need to SHOW us some Sirius to save.

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited March 22 #4022 March, 2021, 10:14 pm.

I’m over RAts!!!!! I need 3 James Potters. I’ve been stuck on task two ALL DANG DAY! I swear I got everything I need for all the remaining tasks but of course nothing counts! AHHH!!!!

• RegulusPTRegulusPT Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #4122 March, 2021, 10:51 pm.

I was kicked from Knight Bus, then I restarted the app and since that it has been impossible to play. ‘Unable to connect to server. Please try again later.’

Am I the only one?

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    #4223 March, 2021, 12:50 am.

Just a note that if you complete the 4th task list, you DO NOT need to unlock any portkeys - I completely missed that but luckily hadn't opened any yet so was able to save them and not waste them when collecting the Task 4 rewards.

And I agree with @Not4u13, I got everything I needed from walking around so I suggest trying that if you're having issue finding what you need and can safely do so.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    #4323 March, 2021, 12:56 am.

I tried to enter the Knight Bus Ruins Chamber III last night, and was notified that I am already in the chamber. I exited the Knight Bus and tried to re-enter but was refused because I was already in the chamber. I had to exit the game and restarted. Tried the Knight Bus again after a few minutes and was allowed to play. Sometimes we just get weird bugs, but works well most of the time.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #4423 March, 2021, 02:21 am.

@C4tmonster

That's a pretty cynical view of things. I've been playing for a long time and have never had to purchase anything.

However, I do think there are ways the game is built that encourage in game purchases. I would expect that from an ad free game. But you can play without buying anything. I've managed to finish nearly every event except the first few when I couldn't find a fortress.

I'm sorry you can't get out and I'm sure that makes things more difficult, but it's not impossible to do without buying things.

The game is easier for me now at level 57, but I played to this point. The events are more difficult for lower level players.

I do wish the designers would refresh the GPS data. I receive zero activity at my home. I suspect you are in the same position.

#4523 March, 2021, 03:08 am.

@Not4u13 - unfortunately lock-down makes you more cynical ;o) I am also quite lucky to be in a pretty active area with a lot of spawns, which makes it more obvious regarding spawn change as you progress and you can definitely see the differences based on what you need.

Still a little difficult to get out and about and especially during the day (work, etc). I am more a casual player and play on the side. The spawn issues are definitely my biggest bugbear about the game and I spend now and again to more support the game than gain any benefit.

• RegulusPTRegulusPT Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #4623 March, 2021, 01:39 pm.

Please @hpwulola, help me. I want to complete the bonus assignment.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 231 ✭✭✭
    #4723 March, 2021, 02:49 pm.

@Djea try enter trace first and enter knight bus. Same me bug enter knight bus after complete chamber.

• MistclanMistclan Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #4823 March, 2021, 04:28 pm.

So based on my time i have to play and the tasks for the event, there isn't any way for me to finish. While I'm aware of folks who highlight the story aspects that would let me keep up with the storyline (only reason I've kept playing), but I don't really see the point in trying as even if they revisit this part it would be a long time to get back to it and I've been stating that the first time I can't complete one of these story centric parts I'm done. So many thanks to the community.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #4924 March, 2021, 07:50 am.

I think I’ve reached the point I no longer care about this game. It’s very frustrating how gameplay suddenly changes. This BE the spawn rate is very noticeably lowered. I usually finish BE very quickly and this one I probably won’t be able to finish because of traces just not showing up. I’ve used 2 TTD or more per stage and still find getting the 4 little legends traces a grind. It feels like a slap in the face to get abundant snape when I need Sirius and then to suddenly have 0 snape appear when it’s his turn. I thought I’d be around to gold all my pages. I’m nowhere close to completing that but I think it’s over for me.

• WyandoWyando Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #5024 March, 2021, 03:26 pm.

About 13 runestones, only 2 lily evans 😡

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 138 ✭✭✭
    #5124 March, 2021, 11:52 pm.

Please start a place to discuss the friends disaster. I play both Pokemon Go and HPWU. I have a few friends that overlap, but not many. Today, I have too many friends in my games. I have far-flung Poke pals to try to get regional eggs. I have no clue whether or not these friends play HPWU. I do not want to scroll through a long list when looking for people to invite to raid, or to whom to send gifts.

These are two separate groups of players, Niantic. Please treat each with respect.

My questions? If I delete a person in one game, will they be deleted in the other? Why in the world would you do this?

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    #5225 March, 2021, 02:36 am.

I was so worried about not getting Lily to drop with my few runestones that I used two of them in Dark V, where fragments are guaranteed; I've seen other people doing this as well.

#5325 March, 2021, 07:46 am.

And how the heck Do we get those 13 potion class foundables?! How do they look like?!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭
    #5425 March, 2021, 09:49 am.

@Wyando

Harry potter is red

Snape and sirius is orange (its the boosted one)

I think hedwig the owl is not on the map (at least in my area).

#5525 March, 2021, 10:52 am.

I must have been blind while searching the regestry. Thanks!

(just got a snipe-in-bottle that counted - so i saw)

#5625 March, 2021, 11:04 am.

Yeah no owl in my area too, and i needed just 2 to finaly prestige to gold... at least the others does appear in a park nearby - so i will get the bonus panel done. Yeah.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 150 ✭✭✭
    edited March 25 #5725 March, 2021, 01:04 pm.

Now that it's finished, it's not bad... just required a lot of grind, TfTDs and runestones. 🙂 I hope the second one is like this one or easier. I saved using the 5 brilliant portkeys for the second event, just in case I need the family XP.

• RstnelRstnel Posts: 1
    #5825 March, 2021, 01:12 pm.

Is anyone having an issue not being able to finish the event. I completed the 4 main stages in was working on the extra when I was locked out The event still has 5 hours and I needed to formidable foes to be defeated in wizarding challenges to get the extra stuff

• HarunoWinHarunoWin Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #5925 March, 2021, 03:54 pm.

Uma coisa que me deixou frustrado nesse evento foi que eles reduziram o tempo para terminar o evento... eu estou no bônus e não consigo lily na fortaleza, não consigo snapes e Sirius mesmo usando poção. Outra coisa é que mesmo eu andando distâncias grandes eles não estão contando para abrir os prismas isso é muito chato já vai completar 1 mês sem contarem com as distâncias que eu ando em relação às do prisma do jogo. Isso é muito errado

• HannagerHannager Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #6025 March, 2021, 11:23 pm.

This is a bit random, but does anyone have a screenshot of the information pages for the James and Peter brilliant foundables? I like to end the event with the full 20 foundables for each but I forgot to read the info. So I can't read them now without placing the images again.

• KitRamblingKitRambling Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #6126 March, 2021, 12:07 am.

@Hannager I do, and it’s waiting on Mod approval