Scroll to Book Conversion (Change from Scrolls to Pages)

Imriel452Imriel452 Posts: 1
edited March 18 in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 19 March, 2021, 09:59 am.

Having been a long time player of HP: WU, I have amassed a large number of scrolls, which do very little for me currently in terms of gameplay. I am not interested (anymore) in trying to improve the other profession paths, as I have reached the point where they require RSB.

What I would like to see is an option, like Pokemon Go with Candy to XL Candy, is the ability to convert scrolls into the various books that we require, such as 100 scrolls for one Spellbook, 500 for a DADA and 1000 for a RSB, or something similar.

This could encourage longer-term/higher level players to continue fighting encounters, give another option for resources to be obtained, and make the daunting task of advanced combat slightly more feasible. It would also give newer players a better chance to tackle adversaries.

I would also change 'scrolls' to 'pages' because then the idea of exchanging pages to make a book fits thematically, with the more pages you use, the better the book!

I would really like to hear player opinions on this - are you a longer term player with a glut of scrolls, and if so, what would you like to do with them? Newer players, could you utilise them in other ways?

Comments

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 495 ✭✭✭✭
    #218 March, 2021, 05:07 pm.

This has been discussed on these forums for at least a year and a half or so, ever since players started noticing the large amount of scrolls they were amassing. It has been suggested many, many times. They do not seem inclined to make any such changes.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 61 ✭✭✭
    #318 March, 2021, 05:57 pm.

At the very least, it would be awesome if we could get something else instead of scrolls for the daily assignments.

• SerennuSerennu Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #418 March, 2021, 07:14 pm.

If there is a similar precedent already set in a Niantic game surely it can't be that difficult? And there is no financial incentive to not do it as we can't buy books anyway.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭
    #518 March, 2021, 07:20 pm.

I wish I could transfigure all those scrolls into the other forms of books.

Maybe go into the cauldron tab, and transfer a number a certain kind of ingredient for a series of book currency.

100 scrolls = 1 red book

100 scrolls+ 100 field guides = 1 ministry manual

And so on :)

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭
    #619 March, 2021, 09:59 am.

then you'll have something like this:

and absolutely nothing to spend all this currency in and nothing to do in-game, lol (no that's not my screenshot altho I'm not -too- far behind)...