Greenhouse Grow Times need to be shorter and harvest times should be extended

MaadScientistMaadScientist Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited July 3 in App Feedback #1 latest comment 29 July, 2019, 03:37 am.

Currently, you only have 30 minutes before the items disappear from the map. This means that if you plant, for example, a leaping toadstool which has a 24 hour grow time, the greenhouse is basically on a timer and no one benefits from the greenhouse for a majority of the day.

If the greenhouse was intended as a community feature, the 30 minute window coupled with the long grow times are too restrictive for the community to benefit.

To remedy, we either need much shorter grow times or much longer harvest times.

I would prefer shorter grow times, so more people can actually plant and use up their resources. This will mean they free up inventory to continue collecting water and seeds.

Comments

• MinatoSenseiYFMinatoSenseiYF Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #203 July, 2019, 04:05 am.

I agree with this. Shorter grow times and longer collection windows will aid players in playing and incentivise the use of greenhouses. I don't usually collect what I plant because the growing times are too long for me to stick around.

• KniteShaydKniteShayd Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #303 July, 2019, 04:13 am.

I'm not even bothering with greenhouse planting.

There's none close by me, and it isn't worth the time or effort to even try with time limits.

Perhaps instead of forcing players to go there for a harvest, we should have the option to have something like a half or 3/4 of the harvest sent to us.

• MaadScientistMaadScientist Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited July 3 #403 July, 2019, 04:18 am.

I'm ok with having to physically return to the greenhouse even if that means I will probably not benefit from my own planting because the point of this game is to get up and explore. It's just a shame that this cool feature is so under utilized because of how restrictive it is. I'm sure that if I miss out on my own plant harvest, I can get lucky with a different greenhouse down the road because someone else planned something, but with the current times, my chances are very slim.

• MeinFishyMeinFishy Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #603 July, 2019, 04:32 am.

I think they just need to get rid of the awkward grow times, like the seven hour one. One hour is fine, even 24 hours, but seven? Unless I'm at home, where there are no greenhouses, I can't guarantee to still be in the area after seven hours! Two, maybe three hours should be tops, barring the 24 hour one.

• Keller265Keller265 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #703 July, 2019, 04:38 am.

I agree with the thread starter. I was able to get the benefits of planting for the first time tonight and I've been planting daily.

• Ainokea228Ainokea228 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #803 July, 2019, 04:42 am.

Honestly, I haven't used this feature at all. I can't and won't plan around a 30 minute window to collect my harvest. Longer harvest times would be one way to fix it. Another thought might be to have a small portion of the crop sent to you, and a scaling portion sent to those who contributed depending on how much they gave. If you want the full harvest, you would have to return to the greenhouse within x amount of hours.

While the exploration aspect of the game is important, I gots things to do, y'all.

• JodieClawJodieClaw Posts: 1
    #903 July, 2019, 05:14 am.

A wider range of grow times would help. Most are 7 hours. Trying to fit this into every day life, most people work 8 hour shifts, so 9 hours would be perfect, you could plant on the way to work and harvest after. Perhaps 2 community pots per greenhouse.

#1103 July, 2019, 05:46 am.

@Ainokea228 I like your idea of a greenhouse that is constantly accessible with it requiring you to spend energy to make it give you ingredients. Maybe make it so that rare ingredients require more energy than others.

• ChmeechuckChmeechuck Posts: 1
    #1203 July, 2019, 06:14 am.

I actually like the current mechanic. If no ingredients spawned randomly, it would be awful. But with my vault being full with both ingredients and potions, whenever I come across available pot, I just plant whatever and rely on fellow witches and wizards to boost it/harvest.

• PStrigoidesPStrigoides Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1303 July, 2019, 12:07 pm.

I accidentally tested harvest time window and found it to be at least 1 hr, not 30 min, that the plants stay spawned in the vicinity of the greenhouse.

#1403 July, 2019, 12:20 pm.

@PStrigoides you are right! This got changed in their help page too! It is now 1 hour of harvest time. That must have changed with the last update and it wasn't in the update notes.

• Lacey212Lacey212 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1503 July, 2019, 02:39 pm.

I plant something at almost every greenhouse just to clear out my vault. I have yet to get anything I planted yet because of the crazy grow times.

It seems to me that very few people are utilizing greenhouses in my area because of the inability to collect their harvests.

• MountainLover86MountainLover86 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1603 July, 2019, 03:08 pm.

I agree with everyone, I just want to add my comment so the developers know there is another group of friends who don't like the short harvest times. I walk with a group of friends from work (about 5 of us usually). We coordinate our battles and growing in greenhouses. We were shocked that it was only 30 minutes after the timer has ran out. We all contributed spell energy to leaping toadstool and none of it got it because we had a meeting. I like having to go back to that specific greenhouse, I don't even mind the grow times. The harvest times though are insane. As a suggestion, could they change the harvest times to always be 24 hours long. That would be great as most people have lives and such to go do while this game is our relaxation period. So a 24 hour harvest time would be very helpful. If the game developers are worried about people just camping out of greenhouses and reaping the rewards of others, they could limit the harvest to only people who contributed. But still, the harvest time needs to be increased to something easy to remember like 24 hours.

• RamlaineRamlaine Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1703 July, 2019, 03:11 pm.

I totally agree green house is a nice idea but sometime you go to play and you go once and the ingredients might take 15 hours or more you may only be there for 1 hour so useless - why not have the ingredients just appear in your bag instead of having to walk to the green house again I don't think I have managed to do it yet . so its a bit pointless as well the way it is right know .

• Churchs3pcChurchs3pc Posts: 3
    #1803 July, 2019, 03:13 pm.

grow times definitely seem a little too long especially for those who don’t live or work near a green house

• twilightdebtwilightdeb Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #1903 July, 2019, 03:51 pm.

I am not really bothered by the times being long, it's honestly the 7 hour one that gets me. Most people work an 8 hour day! So how are they even supposed to benefit from growing the 7 hour ones? That's just a ridiculous decision for a length of growing time! It really should be either 4 hours so people can grab it on their lunch break, or 9 hours. SMH- seven hours lol

I agree however that the harvest time should lengthen. Even just to an hour would make it easier to work with and benefit from

• Makita5Makita5 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited July 3 #2003 July, 2019, 03:55 pm.

I agree, I've planted several times and been back at the allotted time (within what I expected to be reasonable) only to find nothing available. Now that I know it's only half an hour, I won't bother wasting my time and items.

I chose the 1D plantings because I knew I'd be back 24 hrs later. 1/2 hour is ridiculously short sighted.

#2103 July, 2019, 04:11 pm.

I have also noticed that the aura at a greenhouse turns off when it is harvest time. If the aura turned a different color like red or orange, we would be able to see from a distance that it is time to harvest and more people would make their way to the greenhouse.

• Ainokea228Ainokea228 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2203 July, 2019, 04:22 pm.

Even with the new one hour harvest time, I won't be using this feature. Someone mentioned earlier that many of us play this game to relax, not to worry about making it back to a greenhouse in time to harvest some toadstool. The moment a game starts to feel like a job, I'm out.

• AethiasAethias Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2303 July, 2019, 09:38 pm.

I just want to say that greenhouse are just totally useless for the moment. I'm sure that people use them only for the possibility to have four energy. The plants we can have inside are foundable by walking and exept if you're available H24 you'll never recolt what you planted.

Then, as it is now, you can just delete all greenhouse and replace them by Inn. It would be a great improvement of the game.

• KadahKadah Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2404 July, 2019, 12:15 am.

Either this or they need to be delivered. As-is, greenhouses are almost completely unusable for me.

• JKRobinsonJKRobinson Posts: 1
    #2512 July, 2019, 08:47 pm.

I have twice planted something at a greenhouse, waited the required 1 hour, gone back within 30 minutes, and not found anything. What’s up with that?

• TTrytinTTrytin Posts: 1
    #2628 July, 2019, 09:47 pm.

I think they should have a harvest limit for the community but no limit for the planter. Visit a greenhouse even a year later and collect what you planted! Or they could reduce the amount harvested over time so you benefit the most by showing up right after the grow time but still get one no matter what.

• Dirtyjoe619Dirtyjoe619 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    #2729 July, 2019, 02:53 am.

This would almost be like in Ingress having to return to a portal 7 hours after you upgrade it to hack it. Except it's worse.

• TheRealHP55TheRealHP55 Posts: 73 ✭✭
    #2829 July, 2019, 03:02 am.

Shorter grow times please!! 🤞🤞

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2929 July, 2019, 03:04 am.

I’d particularly like longer harvest time if I planted myself. Other than that, I’d probably appreciate any improvement on grow and harvest times.

• ZookiTabookiZookiTabooki Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3029 July, 2019, 03:37 am.

I think it's clear the Greenhouse mechanic is really frustrating for a lot of players. I agree with @twilightdeb, the biggest challenge for me are the short grow times. It's very rare I can plant something and be back there an hour later. That's not convenient compared to strategically planting something where I can schedule a return trip to collect. Wormwood and Snowdrop only take an hour. I believe all the others save for Leaping Toadstool take 7 hours. I think 10 hours would be better so players can plant something on their way to work in the morning and be able to make it back for harvest towards the end of their day. This would also encourage others to contribute to crops as many share the same schedule. Longer grow times on certain ingredients or making ingredient grow times strategically useful may prove to be more helpful; and definitely longer harvest times should be considered.