March Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 21 March, 2021, 07:12 am.

Witches and Wizards,

March Community Day is all day Saturday, March 20 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. Look for Nymphadora Tonks and Arthur Weasley as you enter Courtroom Ten in the Ministry of Magic!

This Community Day, you can look forward to the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Ministry of Magic Foundables to Courtroom Ten with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Ingredients and DADA Books.
  • Increased sightings of Nymphadora Tonks, Arthur Weasley, and Mad-Eye Moody Foundables from the Courtroom Ten Registry page.
  • Guaranteed Wizengamot Accusation Chair fragments dropping from Ministry of Magic runestones.
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more Community Day Traces, only takes 1 hour to brew, and its Master Notes will reduce brew time by 50%.
  • A special 1km Portmanteau that rewards Ministry Visitor’s Entrance fragments.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Share your achievements along the way using #WizardsUnite on social, and make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates. While you’re at it, visit the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forums and discuss your Community Day plans with others!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #216 March, 2021, 06:18 pm.

the chair only require the rune? at any chamber is it?

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    #316 March, 2021, 06:22 pm.

*speaks in Moodys voice* CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

thanks for the update @hpwulola !😊💜

• RaptorMonitorRaptorMonitor Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #416 March, 2021, 07:57 pm.

The rewards on the current “ Adversaries” 3.15.21 for estimillo potions are NOT updating! Have used over 10 but still registering as 6....

#516 March, 2021, 08:01 pm.

@RaptorMonitor , it's been confirmed that the Exstimulo task only works for Adversaries. Foundables and fortressing is not included.

• RaptorMonitorRaptorMonitor Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #616 March, 2021, 08:04 pm.

Thanks for the info! Would be nice too see that on the rewards list! Also between COVID & 20” of snow. Getting energy or adversaries is near impossible! The green mark only gives 3 in 30 minutes and only 1 if I am lucky for it to include Narcissa

#716 March, 2021, 08:28 pm.

@RaptorMonitor sorry to hear you were hindered. If it's of any help, I can send you Extravagant spell energy throughout the event if you're struggling. I work on a greenhouse and have inns nearby so it's not out of my way. You can always delete me later 😊

1019 4131 5233

• midnitiemidnitie Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #817 March, 2021, 08:17 am.

Just want to clarify how the guaranteed Wizengamot Accusation Chair fragments work - which level of Fortress and/or above will guarantee the fragment drop, or will all chambers guarantee this fragment drop?

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #1017 March, 2021, 03:00 pm.

I remember when CDs used to be fun and were something to look forward to - now they're just a chore, especially for advanced players who already have the page on gold. I'll be getting the 4 Arthur Weasleys needed to star his image, pick up some portkeys and use some runestones, but the tasks seem like an absolute waste of time compared to the rewards.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1117 March, 2021, 03:10 pm.

If this CD had an emergency foundable boosted it'd be a nice CD, good opportunity to farm gold gifts, I'll probs keep it casual after and before an adver event and only do tasks, may fort w my group for fort foundable trunks.

#1217 March, 2021, 08:45 pm.

@PkmnTrainerJ my guess would be that most would chose emergency-related pages every time and/or stuff they need to prestige page(s) which may not produce a result, unless the hpwuteam give specific options each time, ie: you can chose between page A, B, C etc.

Not a bad suggestion overall tho.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    edited March 17 #1317 March, 2021, 08:56 pm.

@Drakonite Yes, I think it would have to be like the Pokémon GO ones where you have four choices. Then the winner is April’s Community Day, and the runner up is May’s. What do you think @hpwulola ?

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    #1518 March, 2021, 02:17 pm.

@Karmassus just normal rate fragment, but if you more runestone just spam in chamber V too.

@PkmnTrainerJ not again in two game in CD! This make confusing after february is CD and Tour.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #1618 March, 2021, 02:24 pm.

I don’t understand what you mean @Yohanes12 Do you mean that the previous community days have been on the same day for HPWU & Pokémon GO?

If so, that’s never been a huge issue to me as HPWU goes on for the whole day. Pokémon GO goes for 7 hours and after I have three shinies I’m usually out of that game.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 98 ✭✭✭
    #1718 March, 2021, 06:03 pm.

@EPHEDWIG - I agree. I think this is going to be the first time I skip an event. The tasks require too many resources to complete, especially after a VERY draining Adversaries event, and right before a Brilliant Event.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #1819 March, 2021, 11:37 am.

It is strange that Orange Wizard list of tasks is not here yet.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    #1919 March, 2021, 12:45 pm.

Please hide peculiar portmanteau on the map when Portkeys vault is full.

#2019 March, 2021, 01:32 pm.

@Djea this task CD has been late, so never show task now expect brilliant event.

@cosk62 you can pick portkey if you empty slot portmanteau too.

#2119 March, 2021, 01:40 pm.

oh i so agree with @cosk62 on that one, it's so confusing when I see 5-10 peculiar portks spawn then i click one and get 'vault is full" popup...make it ingredients and/or event spawns instead!

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #2219 March, 2021, 08:32 pm.

@HPWUTeam may we have more Granian hair on the map during events, please? Thank you very much for continually making this game fun!

#2319 March, 2021, 09:48 pm.

granian and/or abraxan plz

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2419 March, 2021, 10:25 pm.

I forgot about this event. My extimulo not ready yet. 😱

• ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 143 ✭✭✭
    #2520 March, 2021, 01:31 am.

@Djea

Said on IG that there were personal problems, had to take time away. Hope all is well.

#2620 March, 2021, 02:14 am.

@Kodokmag don't worry, there's no use exstimulo but master node is heavy one.

@Djea why just pick up in daily task 3 granian hair? I just 30 more in 10 days too.

• SmackTavishSmackTavish Posts: 1
    #2720 March, 2021, 04:55 am.

I'm not getting a guaranteed Wizengamot chair with the MOM runestones. I've already lost 2. Let me know when you fix it

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #2820 March, 2021, 06:38 am.

@SmackTavish ...notice it doesn’t say with EVERY runestone. I was starting to get annoyed and then realized they have it set so that only the chair fragments drop...but they don’t drop every time. Kind of shady, but not surprising.🤷‍♂️

#2920 March, 2021, 07:12 am.

@SmackTavish @SilverWolfSr usually -during non event weeks/days- in forts the only floor which guarantees you'll get an exploration page fort foundable fragment is Dark 5, below that it's 52% chance you'll get one in ruins 1 and 97.5% in Dark 4 with Dark 5 at 100%, so during events like this one (CD) you can get 100% odds of a family fragment drop from forest 4 on, meaning you spend less SE and/or potions and get family fragments, plus some SE back as well etc.

The reason you may not get a guaranteed fragment is b/c of bugs, b/c the event starts on local times instead of server time (Like for example adversary and/or Brilliant events) you may end up in a lobby/group with ppl for who the event has not started yet and/or finished so depending on who starts the lobby and/or maybe presses join first you may not get the fragment/rewards b/c the game sees that a player isnt in the event and doesnt give rewards for everyone in the group. Or at least that's the theory.

If though you try below forest 4 then there's no guaranteed fragment even with event related runes (ministry of magic for the upcoming CD) as ruins 1 - forest 3 are still bound to normal drop chances (52% - ##%). So, you may or may not get a fragment, but if it is w a MoM rune it'll only give the accusation chair if it gives you a family fragment.

• RachH25RachH25 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited March 20 #3020 March, 2021, 07:32 am.

Bummer that there's no way to get one of the foundables on this page today (ministry visitor's entrance). I need that to prestige. Was totally planning to participate in the event until I noticed that. Guess I'll get my wizengamot chair foundables and call it a day.

• CmdsdCmdsd Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited March 20 #3120 March, 2021, 07:42 am.

@RachH25 this might not help you, cos I know lots of places are in lockdown so people might not be able to open portkeys, but you can get the Ministry Visitor’s Entrance from the special 1km Portmanteau/Portkey. I need 8 to green star it on a gold frame so am just going to collect what I need and open at a later date. If you aren’t on a good frame you could focus on placing the images on the frame you’re on and then continuing to collect what you can. And pick up as many port keys as you can so that you will be able to prestige the page more quickly when you open the portkeys.