Appreciation for the pictures 👏👏👏

ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
in Community Stories #1 latest comment 19 October, 2021, 04:09 pm.

I keep forgetting to say Thank-you to all the players around the world who take the pictures for the Inns, community fortresses and Greenhouses.

I look at everyone, which is why I am always happy to get ingredient gifts over boring fortress runestones!

Special shout out to who ever has been updating all the photos in southern Rhode Island, great shots.

Comments

• ScarletB12ScarletB12 Posts: 146 ✭✭✭
    #215 March, 2021, 04:16 am.

Like this great one I just got.

• JeroenixJeroenix Posts: 122 ✭✭✭
    #317 September, 2021, 12:40 pm.

@ScarletB12 You're welcome (not for Rhode, I live elsewhere entirely :) ). You can help too if you want - get the game Ingress, level up a bit and create and make additions to the POI's.

https://wayfarer.nianticlabs.com/

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
    #419 September, 2021, 02:43 pm.

@ScarletB12 I would love to share some of the location-based items I receive! Should I just share them here? Or are you talking about a map where people are posting these?

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #519 September, 2021, 04:17 pm.

Hey, thanks great you posted this! @ScarletB12 These people who are updating the photos are Pokémon GO and Ingress Players! Maybe you have some awesome ones in your area. They are using their games but also a platform called Wayfarer. Another person posted the link above. However you need to be level 10+ in Ingress and level 38+ in Pogo to contribute. Otherwise @Expelliarma7 they are talking about the photos they find in their inns looking nice. If you would like to share here you can! Also the dev team loves cool AR photos too.

#620 September, 2021, 03:16 pm.

@HarryPutter1234 and @ScarletB12, here are a couple of fun greenhouse gift photos: two from my area that are in my gifting vault at the moment (I love when these greenhouses give me potion gifts to give, but meantime, it’s ingredient gifts). And one screen shot that a friend sent me in appreciation of one of the gifts I sent her (Grover the Turtle is in my local park and it makes my friend smile when she sees it). ^_^

My sister sends me some cool location gifts too, I’ll share them when I get them!

Gifting is honestly one of my favorite parts of the game!

#723 September, 2021, 08:57 am.

@Expelliarma7 I live in a Dutch historic town; if you have room for one more I'll select the ones with best photos when sending 'em to you.

8995 9792 0688

#823 September, 2021, 03:07 pm.

Thanks for the invite, @Jeroenix, I did have room for one more! LMK what kinds of gifts you prefer! I do love some of the images on our local gifts but I’m also in New Jersey, which is (*cough*) NOT a Dutch historic town. 🙃

So let me know if you prefer potions, Extrav+ Runestones, Gold, etc…? In my area, sometimes the good potion gifts come with “meh” images.

#923 September, 2021, 07:53 pm.

@Expelliarma7 whoa, nice starter gift. Next one is going your way! :)

I have no preference, anything's good, but know that I'm drowning in spell energy here, with two inns next to my house. :)

First one I'll send you is something I like so much I'd like to post it here. It's a fantastic mural, notice the black&white, the shadow, the colored rose and the fact they chose to put it on the corner (so the spotlight can't be complete):

hm.. weird screenshot, but I can't send it to myself for a proper HPWU screenshot. :)

#1024 September, 2021, 09:04 pm.

@Jeroenix I did reply to you but I attached an image so it seems it may take a “little minute” to come through.

The internet… whattyagonnado?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#1124 September, 2021, 09:25 pm.

@Jeroenix I love it! It looks even better in its “gift bundle”:

I love its title: “Wanna buy a rose?”

Also: noted. I will send you NO spell energy gifts. ^_^ I love anything with a cool photo, but potions are my faves. Any potion.

I see you’re level 60. How do you feel about receiving XP Gifts (for events) and BBE?

#1227 September, 2021, 12:40 pm.

Anything really, as long as it doesn't crash the app :)

I'd leave the BBE for people who actually need it, but I'm not against having them. Will try for potions, unless the picture is something I like.

#1327 September, 2021, 12:49 pm.

@Jeroenix I love this one too!

Also, when I say I love potion gifts, Essential Runestones count too, as do Wits from the KB. Just FYI… you don’t have to always send post-able images. Thank you for these! ^_^

#1427 September, 2021, 01:12 pm.

@Jeroenix I posted my comment before you but it appeared after since a photo is attached.

Sounds good! And yes, I’ll send you no spell energy gifts, as crashing is no fun and you live across the street from two Inns. 🙃

#1529 September, 2021, 01:15 pm.

@Jeroenix I love this one you sent!

…and here’s a favorite one that my sister sent me:

Today I sent you a windmill… obviously it’s not a functioning one like the ones you have by you, but I had never even gotten a gift from that greenhouse before so … the timing felt right. 🙃

edited September 30 #1630 September, 2021, 12:01 pm.

Saw the mill, thought for a moment: they have them there too? :)

The artwork of the ear and mouth is inspired by the role of Maria Callas in the film Medea. Hence the artists' choice of name 'Maria Medea' and depicting song and audience. Luckily there was a plaque of this at the bridge, otherwise it would have been invalidated due to 'pedestrian access' :)

When the rain stops I'll try and get more, but now I have only spell energy from a boring history sign..

'awaking muse' is awesome by the way.

#1730 September, 2021, 03:17 pm.

This history of Dutch settlement in this area in the 1600s has left its mark in many ways. 🙃

I can now see Maria Callas’ expression in that sculpture! Even more fantastic now. ^_^

#1807 October, 2021, 03:07 pm.

@Jeroenix

Love this one!

…also, for this one my sister sent me, I love the caption. 😂

• DjeaDjea Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    #1907 October, 2021, 11:14 pm.

Thank you very much for sharing these wonderful pictures. ☺️ Please keep posting your pictures. I only get boring pictures in my neighborhood.

#2007 October, 2021, 11:37 pm.

Thank you, @Djea ! ^_^

Are you on Discord? I was hoping to add you but I don’t want to ask you to post your friend code publicly.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 316 ✭✭✭
    #2108 October, 2021, 11:56 am.

@Expelliarma7 I am not on Discord; my son does not trust me to have it. He said that it is not safe for me because I have a tendency to be careless with security.

I'm not accepting any more friends because I have enough friends to try and give 2 to 3 gold gifts to each of them per year. I don't expect any of them to give me any but I love being able to give. Thank you very much for the offer of friendship.

#2208 October, 2021, 12:14 pm.

@Djea Ok, I hear that! Thanks for reaching back. I’m keeping my list limited as well so I can feel like I’m giving the gifts I want to give people… including ones with fun POI photos when possible. 🤗 Will continue to post the good ones here. 🙃

#2310 October, 2021, 04:27 pm.

I just posted another gift POI-photo post but I’m not sure when it will show up.

So meantime: I have questions.

@HarryPutter1234 — You’d mentioned A/R photography above. I have seen some amazing A/R photos, taken from around all sides of the subject (from behind the mountain troll, for instance). How do you do that? When I’ve tried walking behind someone in photo mode (ie Snape), they stay fixed where they are in my view. Is there something I can be doing differently?

• HarryPutter1234HarryPutter1234 Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    #2411 October, 2021, 03:08 am.

@Expelliarma7 1st: Your photo with the photo is in moderation, because at the time it was the weekend the mods may not have been available until Monday.

As for the cool AR photos, I think those people are suing AR+, turn it on in settings, and then make sure the AR switch is on. For some great photos and possibly tips I would checkout HerrMuggle and XpectoGO.

#2511 October, 2021, 01:02 pm.

A couple more lovely images to share, as well as a point of note. A friend sent me a Spell Energy Gift this morning with the sweetest POI image on it, and she felt the need to apologize that the gift wasn’t good. I gently reminded her that lovely POI photos are gift enough:

…that’s from an arboretum/sculpture park I’ve been to. All of the sculptures there are amazing, and this photo made me miss my home state.

@Jeroenix — another sweet one from you as well—on two counts: the image (“Happy Dance”) and the Tonic. Love it! Thank you!

• HalfbloodbellaHalfbloodbella Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #2612 October, 2021, 04:19 pm.

Just sharing some awesome POI postcards I’ve received from @Vinkellxz @Kihaku @DublayEntendre @Amethys3 @Mdsbdr @cleverland @firehouseborn @santacruzfrank @spacecadetzel @EmpJ2002 @ravyncrypt @madeleineahn.

I hope I tagged the right people! Wanderlusting from my living room couch 🛋

#2712 October, 2021, 04:44 pm.

@Halfbloodbella

These are soooo good! 💫✨

#2818 October, 2021, 01:27 pm.

I’m finally starting to get some fun results with A/R photos! I took these shots at the park near me.

#2919 October, 2021, 04:09 pm.

I’m realizing I need to turn off Battery Saver when I do these A/R shots so they’ll be a bit higher resolution. Meantime, here are a couple more from my session at the park the other day…