March Adversaries Event 1: Narcissa Malfoy

Comments

• AcariniusAcarinius Posts: 2
    #3216 March, 2021, 06:34 pm.

I can't access the event tasks. There is an error message for restart. So I can't play this event.

• Gdawg55Gdawg55 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3316 March, 2021, 06:39 pm.

I am having the same issue as others. Exstimulo potions I have used were not counted for the event. I tried different ones in and outside of wizarding challenges. None were counted.

• Chip0lataChip0lata Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3416 March, 2021, 06:41 pm.

Crashes every time I tried to look at task list

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3516 March, 2021, 06:48 pm.

use extimulo task should be write specific to adversary (or maybe only on narcissa?) is it?

• BollaRiceBollaRice Posts: 50 ✭✭✭
    #3616 March, 2021, 06:49 pm.

adding my name to the "use exstimulo 10 times" isn't working crowd.

I've burnt 11 and have credit for 2.

• HaronameHaroname Posts: 1
    #3816 March, 2021, 07:01 pm.

Why cant I open the event. Every time i try to open it I get thrown off and my game is restarted. I have done the latest update, downloaded all assets WHAT IS GOING ON

• SwampRatUKSwampRatUK Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #3916 March, 2021, 07:13 pm.

Exstimulo potion worked for me in a Petigrew adversary chain, but not chambers etc

It does sound like the description is missing 'against adversaries'

• MidlakeAmyniMidlakeAmyni Posts: 18 ✭✭
    edited March 16 #4016 March, 2021, 07:24 pm.

@ModestyPerks a fellow dutchie? Guessing bij those curfew times. I'll probably just stay awake until like 4-5 am to make the most of those 12 hours.

• HPWUFionaHPWUFiona Posts: 1 admin
    #4116 March, 2021, 07:32 pm.

Note: Use 10 Exstimulo tasks will only work for potions consumed in Adversaries chains.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4216 March, 2021, 07:38 pm.

extims will only count in adversary chains, not in forts.

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    #4316 March, 2021, 07:40 pm.

Apparently HPWU staff have confirmed elsewhere that the Exstimulo task is working as designed and the documentation is incorrect.

Unclear why this information is only available in third party sites.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4416 March, 2021, 07:47 pm.

Thank you for the update @HPWUFiona

• RaptorMonitorRaptorMonitor Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #4516 March, 2021, 07:59 pm.

Same here. Stopped updating after 6.... have used over 10

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,213 admin
    #4616 March, 2021, 08:11 pm.

Thank you @HPWUFiona for passing along this note! The 'use 10 Exstimulo' tasks will only work for potions consumed in Adversaries chains.

• MidlakeAmyniMidlakeAmyni Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #4716 March, 2021, 09:15 pm.

@HPWUFiona Maybe you can also explain why a global game would have an 60 hour event?

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    #4816 March, 2021, 09:49 pm.

Few comments:

• no spell energy appearing... remember some countries are still in lockdown at least for a little while longer - so not always easy getting energy
    • It's a complete B***H when you have wasted 2 wit and 4 exstimulo potions to finish off Narcissa for her to hit you 4 times in a row and not have the ability to heal. Not the worst, had a dragon hit me 6 times?! As per tower challenges you should be allowed to heal between attacks!
  • GeneleGreybackGeneleGreyback Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #4916 March, 2021, 09:49 pm.

Okay I can't even open the tasks menu. It crashes the game every time!!!

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5016 March, 2021, 09:52 pm.

MIDLAKEAMYNI  it is simple, its not Harry Potter: Wizards Unite anymore, it's Harry Potter: Only USA Matters. @hpwulola

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 148 ✭✭✭
    #5116 March, 2021, 10:12 pm.

As with past Adversary events, the edible dark mark does not guarantee the highlighted Adversary, Narcissa Malfoy in this case, as even one of the three Adversary chains exposed by the EDM.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5216 March, 2021, 11:28 pm.

dodge on 5 extimulo potion, that some potions blackhole there. LoL

• DogoutlawDogoutlaw Posts: 1,928 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5316 March, 2021, 11:31 pm.

@ParrishBlue i posted pics of the dialogue, just have to wait for a moderator now...

• MyekimMyekim Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #5417 March, 2021, 12:24 am.

Burned through Exstimulo potions while in chambers (like others) only to discover they weren't being counted that way.

Also, with low spawn rate, Covid restrictions, and having to "play where I am" it would really help if they increased the spawn rates for spell energy. It takes no time to burn through resources. Can't do an Adversaries event on little energy or a way to quickly gather & brew potions. I don't live in a rural area, but the suburbs & the resources are low. It must be so much easier for those who live in the city vs everyone else. Gets frustrating when you waste a ton of resources and then can't fight an adversary on the rare chance they appear- if they are even the right one. For example, today an adversary finally appeared, but it was Fenrir-I didn't want to miss my opportunity for at least ONE book.- Narcissus may not show up- even with a EDM. Hopefully they make some more improvements to this issue in game play.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 592 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #5517 March, 2021, 12:34 am.

Just adding my voice to those who are annoyed that the Exstimulo Potion task is unclear. If only potions used in Adversary encounters work, it should say that. It obviously is not only an Adversary event as there are tasks for Fortress Battles and Trace encounters (Leprechauns) as well. So, it is perfectly natural to assume that potions used in any situation would count toward the task. Very poorly done.

• SchnatzHunterSchnatzHunter Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited March 17 #5617 March, 2021, 01:19 am.

That‘s HPWU logic: „I give you $1000“. And if someone requesting it: „but you have to climp up the mount everest first“.

If the text is „... any...“ with no additional resstriction for the extimulo, then this is any in any use! Coming afterwards with „working as designed“ and „only in adversaries“ is changing the context.

Even descriptions the developer can‘t get correct and nobody in the test team (quality!) did find it!!!!

Btw: In German there is no number in the description of this task there is „{amountc}“!

• UncailDaithiUncailDaithi Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #5717 March, 2021, 02:43 am.

So far I have tried fighting 4 adversaries during this event and all 4 left in the middle. So I guess I'm gonna miss out on the rewards. I would say to let me know when the glitches are done but at this point I don't care. Wasted too many potions and too much time. Later.......

• FluffyFuryFluffyFury Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #5817 March, 2021, 03:14 am.

Exstimulo potions not adding to count, nor is the damage to adversaries while in Fortress.

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    #5917 March, 2021, 03:31 am.
  • SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #6017 March, 2021, 03:36 am.

Are you **** kidding me?!?! I update my Combat adversary skill to 15/15, and the FIRST time afterwards Narcissa dodges my first three casts IN A ROW?!!! Why are we even bothering to upgrade this stuff if none of it helps at all?!? I’m beyond pissed right now....just wanted to vent, sorry.

• UncailDaithiUncailDaithi Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #6117 March, 2021, 03:45 am.

So I tried fighting Narcissa and once again, I get booted in the middle of combat. So should I just keep wasting spell energy and potions just to have her dodge me almost every cast and then just glitch out and I'm done? No way can I finish this event if I have to beat four of her and I keep getting booted. This game is honestly ridiculous. Every time they do an update something gets worse.