Game Update 2.17.0

Comments

• Veky1993Veky1993 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #9212 March, 2021, 08:33 pm.

I never even had many of the bugs reported prior to this update.

Now Adventure Sync doesn't work.

I get random black screens when entering game or starting encounters.

Takes forever to even launch the game.

Get randomly kicked from Adversaries.

Looks to me like your "fix" was to just add those bugs to those of us who never even had them. Cool.

Running on Android 10 on a Huawei P30. I beg of you, re-release the earlier patch until you create an actual working fix for these issues. Let us choose which version we wanna play on. -_-

• BaluzauBAERerBaluzauBAERer Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited March 12 #9312 March, 2021, 08:51 pm.

@hpwulola

You are announcing a delay for the the rollout of the update due to "major issues" and after almost 2 weeks of delay is this the result that you are presenting to us? Really? What do you do in that time? Or how bad must be the former version, you wanted to rollout .... 😱

• SilverWolfSrSilverWolfSr Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #9412 March, 2021, 08:59 pm.

Yeah...feels like a step backward for me. Adventure sync was fine and now it doesn’t work for me, along with other issues. Additionally, it feels like you have “moved the goalposts” again as well. Adversary fights seem much more difficult despite having increased my Adversarial Combat Level. So frustrating.😕

• TaghillPotionsTaghillPotions Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #9512 March, 2021, 09:18 pm.

Doesn't seem to have fixed the Adventure sync on Android.

• EmmyMEmmyM Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited March 12 #9612 March, 2021, 09:23 pm.

Unfortunately whatever it was that was fixed on Adventure Sync still didn’t fix the fact that it flat out doesn’t work on my IPhone X with all the locations marked always, etc. Still won’t record A 3.74 mile walk unless the program is open and actively running. Apple Health recorded the walk and is connected to Wizards Unite, but still nothing. Why isn’t this getting fixed?

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 49 ✭✭
    #9712 March, 2021, 09:34 pm.

After reading the other comments I'm almost afraid to say it's working ok for me because I don't want to jinx it.

Sos reports are back, that was my main bug.

(Haven't had an adversary combat yet)

• ChemistryIsFunChemistryIsFun Posts: 24 ✭✭
    #9812 March, 2021, 10:11 pm.

Well, this update made my husband quit. 8GB of data is waaaayyyyyy too much for one game. Pokemon Go only takes 1GB - and that's twice as much as any other game on either of our phones. 8GB is obscene. No game is entitled to 12.5% of the total storage on one phone.

I'm happy to see the SOS newsletter back, but if I run into the same storage space issue he's facing, it's pretty obvious what'll have to be uninstalled.

• TaghillPotionsTaghillPotions Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #9912 March, 2021, 11:15 pm.

Why don't HPWU issue incremental updates to fix individual bugs like Pokemon ( every few weeks) instead of waiting 3 months and then not fixing the problems and adding a bunch more. The "all in one" bug fix definitely hasn't worked.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    #10012 March, 2021, 11:49 pm.

Anyway, its kind of OOT

I can't login the site from my laptop. I hope the site not overwhelmed by the input from players.

• MariiamMariiam Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #10113 March, 2021, 04:41 am.

The game forced me to update. Once I updated, I couldn’t sign onto the game at all. It was stuck on the dumb title page. So I deleted the app. Redownloaded it and all the assets. Now I can only start the game when connected to WiFi which kind of defeats the whole purpose of the game. This sucks! If this isn’t fixed soon I’m leaving the game. I left Pokémon go when I maxed out at level 40 and had lost all desire to go back one they changed it. Please fix this soon or I’m moving on to something else.

• BollaRiceBollaRice Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #10213 March, 2021, 05:24 am.

So, does adventure sync work for anyone?

• Veky1993Veky1993 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #10313 March, 2021, 06:04 am.

@BollaRice Adventure Sync worked perfectly fine for me before. Since this update though it's broken. For me, this update just caused all the bugs they claimed to have fixed. I was only missing the newsletter and had a pink Madam Hooch. Now those are fixed, but everything else is broken. Especially AS.

• CbishopCbishop Posts: 2
    edited March 13 #10413 March, 2021, 08:48 am.

I updated my game a few hours ago and I haven’t been able to get on at all. I just get the loading screen for long periods of time and it never goes anywhere. I tried deleting the app and redownloading it and the same thing is happening. I’ve tried this connected and not connected to wifi and it doesn’t make a difference. Also I have an iPhone.

• BaluzauBAERerBaluzauBAERer Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited March 13 #10513 March, 2021, 09:56 am.

@ChemistryIsFun re-install the complete Game. delete it from your phone and instal it new.

The Update was bad programmed. It appears that the new data were added and did'nt overwrite the old one´.

A bunch of friends have more than 10 GB after the Update. i had the same problem. After reinstalling, the required space is 5,7 GB

I can not understand, that a Qualitymanagement from a company like WBGames/Niantic overlooks a "mistake" like

"more than double the space required"

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    #10613 March, 2021, 10:58 am.

Well, update->uninstall and re-install mean almost 10 GB spent for download isnt it?

#10713 March, 2021, 11:26 am.

Permanent red dot still here. Minor bug, but should be an easy thing to fix compared to the other issues.

Adventure sync was only broken for a couple days for me after last update. What they did then worked for me.

Weird that as a free player I'm getting minor bugs while people who have poured money into this are totally swamped. Guess I'm vindicated for keeping my euros. I feel for you people.

edited March 13 #10813 March, 2021, 11:29 am.

By the way, have the fixed the mystery items not dropping? For those still on SOS missions. And is there ever going to be new missions or did they just drop that part of the game?

If so they should delete the related achievements like "find 50 mystery items" when there are only 46 total.

• AuntieAVLFAuntieAVLF Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #10913 March, 2021, 02:09 pm.

The game updated automatically yesterday when I logged on. However, I'm unable to download new all assets. Every time I press the button to do so, the game freezes completely. I've tried a number of times without success. Hoping for this to be fixed soon, but I gather from other players comments that this could take some time.

• DygytDygyt Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #11013 March, 2021, 06:38 pm.

Some, myself included, haven't been able to start thus mission. It won't enable itself. We are a full day out now.

• JokitjeJokitje Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #11113 March, 2021, 09:53 pm.
    after 3 months of not being able to run portkeys because adventure sync is not working, I was really looking forward to this update. After installing everything, restarting adventure sync, downloading all assets, syncing google fit, ... still no adventure sync even though this has been such a big problem for three months. It would be the big bug fix of this update and it still won't work. This makes me very angry and disappointed. I walk 10 kilometers a day at work and there are 0 meters in wizards unite! 😡

• JokitjeJokitje Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #11213 March, 2021, 09:54 pm.

After 3 months of not being able to run portkeys because adventure sync is not working, I was really looking forward to this update. After installing everything, restarting adventure sync, downloading all assets, syncing google fit, ... still no adventure sync even though this has been such a big problem for three months. It would be the big bug fix of this update and it still won't work. This makes me very angry and disappointed. I walk 10 kilometers a day at work and there are 0 meters in wizards unite! 😡

• LobLob Posts: 69 ✭✭
    #11314 March, 2021, 01:56 am.

@Freydnot

1. I walk/jog on the spot using google fit with the game off, until fit says that I've done 0.3km or more.

Then I get into the game as usual.

2. The workaround is to then walk with the game open a short distance until it credits you with the whole distance gained on google fit.

3. If I can't get out of the house, I open the game at one end of the house. Then minimise the game and go to the other end of the house, where I bring the game up again and leave it there for 5 minutes or longer. I usually need to repeat this step a couple of times.

It eventually credits the whole distance from google fit.

Let me know if it works for you.

Good luck. 😊

• KgopherKgopher Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #11414 March, 2021, 10:30 am.

Adventure Sync still is not working on my android device

• CheeriousCheerious Posts: 20 ✭✭
    #11514 March, 2021, 02:06 pm.

iphone user here. I don't use adventure sync, so my only issue was the purchasing problem. The new update did indeed add another 5gb of data, so I deleted and reinstalled the game along with the assets once it booted up. Other than the usual annoyances of going thru all the settings again, everything seems to be working properly. Fingers crossed.

• bluefan99bluefan99 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #11614 March, 2021, 06:30 pm.

AS used to work. After update, stopped working. Now after latest update still not working. My son also on android has had none of the above problems. We compared our phone settings and his app has 4 permissions,. Camera, Location, Storage and PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. My phone only shows the first 3. COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM?

• bluefan99bluefan99 Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #11714 March, 2021, 06:34 pm.

I have been booted out of 2 adversaries today. Both times it appeared that the game wanted to open a portmanteau.

Check your distance before you start fighting.

• Shadowkitty0060Shadowkitty0060 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #11814 March, 2021, 07:02 pm.

I am on android phone and I've just checked my app settings and I too only have 3 permissions. There's NO physical activity setting. Would be interesting to know if others Not having problems DO have a physical activity permission.

• LoopyLupineLoopyLupine Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #11914 March, 2021, 10:00 pm.

Still no adventure sync for me. I've uninstalled/re-installed, turned the setting off and on....still nothing. I used keys in all of my port keys because I was so excited. Walked 4 miles today and the 0.1 km that registered was from my person walking in circles on the screen. So super bummed. If as anyone knows a trick for getting it to work on Samsung note 8, I'm interested.

I have HPWU connected to my Google fit app and use health sync to add steps from my Samsung watch to Fit. I've also changed it to just record steps to no avail.

• LoopyLupineLoopyLupine Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #12014 March, 2021, 10:00 pm.

Still no adventure sync for me. I've uninstalled/re-installed, turned the setting off and on....still nothing. I used keys in all of my port keys because I was so excited. Walked 4 miles today and the 0.1 km that registered was from my person walking in circles on the screen. So super bummed. If as anyone knows a trick for getting it to work on Samsung note 8, I'm interested.

I have HPWU connected to my Google fit app and use health sync to add steps from my Samsung watch to Fit. I've also changed it to just record steps while the phone is in my hand to no avail.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 580 ✭✭✭
    #12115 March, 2021, 11:02 am.

@bluefan99 @Shadowkitty0060

Interesting point.

Thankfully Adventure Sync works for me. My app actually DOES have a physical activity permission.

Maybe this will help @HPWUTeam to figure out the problem.