Game Update 2.17.0

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 03 April, 2021, 10:22 pm.

The 2.17.0 update is rolling out. Here are the release notes:

General/Bug Fixes

• Fixed Adventure Sync issue that occurred when enabling and disabling the feature.
  • Fixed iOS purchasing issue that prevented some players from purchasing or claiming complimentary items in Diagon Alley.
  • Fixed SOS Newsletter.
  • Fixed issue with images not appearing on Gifting screen.
  • Adjusted the SOS Training Tree so that the Southern Cooking node does not block progression to other nodes.
  • Fixed issue with game freezing when a player enters the app via push notification.
  • Fixed issue with players automatically being kicked out of an Adversary encounter when they do not cast offensive or defensive spells for two consecutive rounds.
Tagged:

Comments

• HypnoticMichaelHypnoticMichael Posts: 72 ✭✭✭
    #211 March, 2021, 07:26 pm.

Many thanks for the update!

I’ve probably missed what the problem was with Southern Cooking? I’ve unlocked it already so don’t know how unreasonable an unlock it might have been! :-)

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #411 March, 2021, 07:28 pm.

nice, hopefully the bugs are really fixed and no new ones introduced, now...march calendar??!

• WonderwomannzWonderwomannz Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #511 March, 2021, 07:32 pm.

Thanks for the update, i am sad that you still havent fixed older bugs :(

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #611 March, 2021, 07:36 pm.

Excellent stuff. Thanks to the team for their hard work and for your communication on it @hpwulola Be great to see what is on the calendar in the next few days.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭
    #711 March, 2021, 07:38 pm.

@Wonderwomannz what were the older bugs that's pending?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #811 March, 2021, 07:39 pm.

Finally! Hopefully no new major bugs with this update. It just showed up for me to download.

• Eiramenna86Eiramenna86 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited March 11 #911 March, 2021, 07:41 pm.

Sorry cant seem to get my post right nor delete it.

My apologies

• midnitiemidnitie Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1011 March, 2021, 07:42 pm.

2GB of assets to download after update.. better find myself some WiFi for that.

• WonderwomannzWonderwomannz Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1111 March, 2021, 07:50 pm.

@AltarielValice The colour beams were broken, I am still waiting for the mysteries achievement to be fixed for us beta player. (we completed those pages therefore only have that achievement counting as 2 when really we have them all). I cant think of others of the top of my head but happy to post once i have updated and can view the game again if I remember others

• Antique100Antique100 Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #1311 March, 2021, 07:56 pm.

@hpwulola

"Fixed iOS purchasing issue that prevented some players from purchasing or claiming complimentary items in Diagon Alley."

Does that fix include being able to purchase gold coins in Diagon Alley?

#1411 March, 2021, 07:58 pm.

@Wonderwomannz thanks for those! Yes I hope those are addressed as well but I'm glad the worst bugs are getting ironed out, which will stabilize the playerbase into playing without being badly hindered.

@1StR probably best to wait for the rollout so we can evaluate the effects and give feedback back?

• 1StR1StR Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #1511 March, 2021, 08:20 pm.

@AltarielValice I understand the situations when they are issuing some urgent announcements about problems and hot fixes in a rush, trying to warn the players ASAP.

But in this case, 3 months that it took WBG to fix very serious problems should have been enough for writing accurate release notes. Don't you think so?

• kirchwitzkirchwitz Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1611 March, 2021, 08:21 pm.

The app still doesn't work on several devices, e.g. Xiaomi. It loads the game data, displays the map for a brief second, but then the screen goes black. Same thing as with the previous version.

I'm happy to provide technical data, but according to related bug reports this is easy to reproduce and known for months. Don't know if the app is faulty or millions of smartphones. No matter whose fault it is, I think only WB/HPWU can offer a solution, because nobody will change their Android.

PS: Yes, I know the workaround by starting HPWU via the Google Play app from the store.

• theRealGB3theRealGB3 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1711 March, 2021, 08:29 pm.

so many older bugs, like having to ensure you enter the Daily Assignments page each morning and the 'Connection Lost' bug and the Inn and Greenhouse Charm bugs.

@hpwulola - Are there ANY new features in the release? Since its a x.xx.0 release, I would expect more than just bug fixes, no?

• LinxianweiLinxianwei Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #1811 March, 2021, 08:34 pm.

I was so excited to see the new patch and hoped the bugs were gone, but to my immense disappointment they were still there.

It is disgusting that the color beam is still off and the black screen is plaguing us despite months of complaining about this. You lost so many players because of these bugs and you chose to fix your income for ios users being unable to purchase items properly.

#2011 March, 2021, 08:45 pm.

@1StR I totally understand your concerns and you're definitely right that we'd be very anxious with the update , especially when players waited for so long!

Mind you, I totally believe your post is valid on the points you brought up, it's good that you did. It's just that, we dont know how fixed it is yet to actually to consider it not fixed until we fully experience it? Kind of why I asked WonderWomanNZ what the other bugs where as well.

I think it would be great to let them know later as well whether it's fixed or not fixed. Especially if it's fixed. Communication is key to getting things right😊

#2111 March, 2021, 08:49 pm.

Freakin update is a joke!

How about More content

Get rid of this connection lost screen

More content

Fix threat levels M

ore content

Picture of foundable doesn't show after encounter

Mote content

We're freakin bored cause all our frames are gold and full

oh yeah a lot of ppl are reporting app is now taking 11gb of space, basically probs assets downloaded twice, android's still got black screen...joke.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2211 March, 2021, 08:57 pm.

anyone have updated the game?

any discomfort?

nausea?

high fever?

just want to know if its okay to update.

• MarkosusMarkosus Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited March 11 #2411 March, 2021, 09:03 pm.

After downloading all assets, the game went to using 11Gb on my iPhone. Double of what it was before. Reinstalled it on my iPhone. After downloading all assets, it's now 5,45Gb again.

@hpwulola

BUT BEWARE: I also gotten into a HUGE issue. If you are using Facebook as your only login account for the game DO NOT REINSTALL. I couldn't get Facebook to login to the game. It went to a webpage in the game that could only open the Facebook app. When giving permission there it went back to the game with that same webpage on it. Nothing I did allowed me to login again using Facebook. 

Luckily, I also had my Apple ID connected to the game, so I could get back in using Apple Login.

• MrsNorrisBurrowMrsNorrisBurrow Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2511 March, 2021, 09:05 pm.

It s a shame that you haven't fixed this black screen since last October.. I mean, it s been MONTHS. It s so frustrating that I have to run google play in order to open the game

#2611 March, 2021, 09:17 pm.

@hpwulola I had @Markosus 's bug as well. 10gb when it should be 5gb..had to uninstall and reinstall.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2711 March, 2021, 09:51 pm.

@hpwulola Same data error here, as well. Almost 11 GB. I had to clear all data and redownload assets in order to clear out all the duplicated data.

Looks like this update did not fix all the issues it claims to have fixed and comes with even more bugs... just like usual!

• OmaLaurieOmaLaurie Posts: 61 ✭✭
    #2811 March, 2021, 09:59 pm.

After the update I was unable to play the game - I could click on a counfoundable but not do anything until I uninstalled and reinstalled.

• Jenv45Jenv45 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2911 March, 2021, 10:03 pm.

Just downloaded the update and I can buy coins and potions and portkeys again so THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3011 March, 2021, 10:05 pm.

@hpwulola Erm, there seems to be a massive problem regarding not being able to return any foundables. Can’t seem to trace.