Updates on the 2.17.0 release and the March Events Calendar

Comments

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    edited March 8 #3207 March, 2021, 11:42 pm.

@Kodokmag what makes you think they'd have another update when this update was posted toward the end of the day Friday in the US and it's now only Sunday? The team generally doesn't work weekends...patience is a virtue! Since they're using these two Spotlight events to buy some time, I'm not expecting any new announcements until at least Tuesday.

Post edited by EPHedwig on
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭
    #3308 March, 2021, 01:45 am.

@EPHedwig because if i'm not mistaken lola said at another post that she will post march event calendar at the end of the week.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 94 ✭✭✭
    #3408 March, 2021, 03:11 am.

@Kodokmag this post appears to have superceded that 🤷🏼‍♂️

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭
    #3508 March, 2021, 07:53 am.

I hope there's at least 1 adversary event (if not 2) and somehow the 30 rsbs, in this month. An update tells me nothing in this game, itll 100% intro more bugs than it'll solve. Give us the events thats what keeps us playing at this point, that and fortressing w friends.

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    #3708 March, 2021, 02:58 pm.

@AltarielValice i beg to differ, given past updates we can generally categorize this update. Every update to this game has caused multiple issues. There is no reason to believe this update will be anything but chaos.

#3908 March, 2021, 06:24 pm.

nah @MtPollux by we i meant me, no one else, I can assure you, I dont claim to know what majority wants or likes, altho if the global discords are anything to go by, they lean more along 'more' than less events. As to discounting opinions....

• SwampRatUKSwampRatUK Posts: 62 ✭✭✭
    #4008 March, 2021, 06:57 pm.

I was thinking I'd seen quite a few complaints here (obviously not showing a majority either way) about there being too many events but as it happens I had to go back to the third page of 'recent discussions' to find the first titled that way

It was interesting to see @Drakonite 's comment there " I loathe BEs bc theyre boring and lame and wish they could be cancelled and the 'plot' (or whatever the dialogues can be called) and rsbs (only reason Im doing the BE tasks) could be given by other means"

There's probably some difference (ie some other event alternative would be better than BE but BE is better than nothing?) but I still found it amusing

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭
    #4108 March, 2021, 07:11 pm.

@Drakonite ok. I'll get my data checked before posting next time, lol! 😉😄

#4208 March, 2021, 07:38 pm.

@SwampRatUK oh i hate and loathe BEs but i love advers and cd and i do love them rsbs.

• Dewin99Dewin99 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4308 March, 2021, 09:46 pm.

@Drakonite When you say “oh i hate and loathe BEs but i love advers and cd and i do love them rsbs.”

Do you mean Restricted Section Books (green) or ‘Red Spell Books’ (red)?

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 333 ✭✭✭
    #4409 March, 2021, 03:18 am.

@Kodokmag At this point this far into March,

if no March calendar my weeks end @HPWUTeam may as well skip the March calendar and just issue the APRIL calendar.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    #4509 March, 2021, 06:26 am.

@ALTARIELVALICE @WitchHiker @Drakonite can you define which events are "****" and which are "laid back" and which are "heavy"? 'Cause this conversation is confusing. Not to mention a glimpse into the nihilistic side of HPWU.

I think it's a fun game. I would like more events like this weekend, which used up a lot of estimulo and trace detection... and time. I am glad to have today and this week to restock and read a book.

The only thing I don't like about brilliant events is that I usually finish them by Friday and then the brilliant traces keep appearing. And they don't count toward SOS books. And they keep giving us formidable foes, which I'll admit IS boring, and doesn't encourage team challenges. But, these are not important things. There is variety. There is progress. There is planning and strategy. It's a great game and I'm glad I found it.

• zo3jzo3j Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4609 March, 2021, 06:29 am.

Was there an improvements on the graphics and animation? I noticed the new animations are more rich and having higher resolution. The lighting and shadows are more pronounce. The animations look fantastic.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
    #4809 March, 2021, 09:01 am.

@ALTARIELVALICE, it answers my question but it doesn't match my experience. I like having goals to hit with brilliant events or adversaries. And I like being able to rack up SOS books in things like we just did with the severe spotlight.

And I'm sorry if I wasn't clear, but I didn't ask to get instructions on how the game works, I asked because I don't understand why people on this thread have put it into different categories and are fighting over it. I don't see anything that's a grind. And I don't see anything that's laid back.

Also, the "animations" reference is kinda vague. Do you guys mean the time it takes to start the battle after you click on the trace? As it ticks the clock to show how strong you are against a foe? I agree that can be annoying, especially when you're trying to get a play in quickly and it takes seemingly forever to load. But I don't see it as Niantic trying to get one over on me by using up my time. I see it as graphic designers trying to make the game visually interesting and give us information. You guys can't be talking about the animation that happens after you've defeated the foe, because you can just scroll up through that.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 142 ✭✭✭✭
    #4909 March, 2021, 09:24 am.

@VoiceMaster its different experiences with different perspectives of the game and many will voice out what they feel. Sadly, it's common human nature for people to disagree with the differences they do not experience.

You do you! And if your experience with the events are awesome, keep at it and definitely let the @HPWUTeam know what you love and you dont love!

Also, I think what zo3j was referring to was the quality of the graphics. I noticed the change when I switched devices a while back but for me, no new changes recently has occurred.

• LUNASOOLLUNASOOL Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #5009 March, 2021, 03:49 pm.

Yo tenía instalado el juego desde casi el inicio. Pero no me llamaba la atención. Y poco a poco fui jugando más y me encantaron los eventos. Y lo bueno para mí fue el autobús. Ya que por cuestiones de salud no puedo salir de casa. Y esto a servido como entretenimiento. Gracias por la diversión de horas jugando. Que cuando llegó a salir aprovecho en cargar energía. Porque la poca que llega a casa la junto para poder jugar 😉😉😉👌👍

#5109 March, 2021, 05:47 pm.

@DEWIN99 restricted, the green ones. Red ones (spellbooks) i've got almost 2000 w/o all 3 adversarial plans finished 😂

#5209 March, 2021, 07:02 pm.

@Drakonite Thanks for the clarification, however, I’m still somewhat confused by your “oh i hate and loathe BEs but i love advers and cd and i do love them rsbs.” comment.

You “hate/loathe BEs” (the main source of RSB), but in the same sentence “love them RSBs”. Could you please extrapolate? Thanks.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 77 ✭✭✭
    #5309 March, 2021, 07:29 pm.

I was hoping there might be an update, about the update or the event calendar as the IWD event ended.

If you need additional time, would be nice to hear that at least.

#5409 March, 2021, 08:05 pm.

@Dewin99 I hate Brilliant events, theyre boring and lame but they give rsbs which i do need to do stuff in-game, so I do the BEs or Id not bother w them (BEs), I do like CDs, adver events etc and I did like the emergencies spotlight event just b/c I got to grind for hrs on end and made something like 20-30 gold gifts. (I dont rly need field guides or ministry manuals or DADAs anymore), but yeah I gave almost every1 gold gifts for 3 days straight (and received them back).

#5609 March, 2021, 08:40 pm.

@Drakonite Thanks for your further explanation. I can see your point of view regarding Brilliant Events. Personally, I rattle through them quite quickly, complete the registry, complete to 65* then stop.

I appreciate that new/newer players require much longer to complete them than I do, and think that the game is well balanced in that respect.

They’re too easy for some; too hard for others, finding the middle ground is the best course of action in an attempt to please the majority.

I’d disagree with you however on your “lame” classification. Imagine not having seen the Zouwu or the Kappa? Who knows what we’ll see next?

Thanks again for your response.

#5809 March, 2021, 10:12 pm.

ANTIQUE100 yeah probs future sos trees or something, and by the time they are released I'll have 100k-200k of each easy 😂

DEWIN99  Other than 2-3 BEs everything else has been pre-existing graphics surrounded by a purple aura and some tasks.....

but yeah I finish 4 pages on Tues. and bonus on wed. When I was able to walk outside 4 pages were done in 30-60mins then bonus took another hr next day. Now w curfew and lockdown since October it takes me 3 hrs to finish 4 pages on trace tonics which just makes me want to blow my brains out slowly w a spoon and another hr on Wed. for bonus. But there's nothing exciting on reused graphics. As to the 1920s stuff (Zouwu or the Kappa etc) theyre supposed to be part of a new exploration family (wizarding world 1920s) which is according to dataminers supposed to break out some time April-June, from the 'team's' effort to resolve all major bugs sooner rather than later after a year and a half I'd say they probs intent for a major new feature release soon after and don't want too many bugs plaguing it. I can only hope the 2.17.0 update resolves bugs w/o introducing more/new, which is not their track record in almost 2 years of the game.