An Imperfect Love Brilliant Event – Part 2

Comments

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3226 February, 2021, 02:24 am.

@Drakonite Dewinn99 already pointed that out, right after my post.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 968 ✭✭✭✭
    #3326 February, 2021, 06:05 am.

is there a possibility for future feature if the player finished all the tasks until bonus done. the adversaries be returned maybe a bit to the map?

a week without adversaries trace and i have already fall behind very far from "rich" player (i mean abundant traces/adversary LoL)

#3426 February, 2021, 06:38 am.

@Kodokmag This is why many people, myself included have requested for less events or reduced time for Brilliant events. Veteran players get less Adversaries during events and new players can't prestige pages, due to the altered spawn rates during events. Only having a few non-event days a month is killing the game.

• LilDebs234LilDebs234 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #3526 February, 2021, 08:17 am.

So silly over 30 fragments on the map, one tonic for trace and playing over an hour and not one uses the alohomora cast. This happens every events. Collect this particular fragment or cast this particular spell but never shows up on the map. 3rd event in the row I haven’t been able to get past the 2nd or 3rd task level. Really makes me want to quit playing. Been here since the beginning and it’s just getting worse and way to many events and no way of completing them without spending loads of money. So sad.

edited February 26 #3626 February, 2021, 08:29 am.

@BenTiger i thought of that (some option to bring back adversary while brilliant event is active) because maybe they think of something else, like fresh new player. brilliant event is very good way to grind for scroll isnt it, that is a way for new player to catch up quickly to veteran player.

• KeretheGreatKeretheGreat Posts: 3
    edited February 26 #3826 February, 2021, 11:42 am.

Look! A Wild Glitch appears! Seems like we get at least one for every event.

I'm stuck on the last page, collecting 15 Mysterious Notes by returning Imperfect Love traces. I got the first one, and the conversation with Hermione and and Constance came up, but haven't received any notes since then. I've returned mostly Voldemort and Bellatrix since then, and a few Rons.

Any ideas, guys?

#3926 February, 2021, 12:02 pm.

My task about mysterious notes is done with 1 TTD, i think its above 90% of brilliant traces gave the notes. About 1 or 3 didnt give note. Maybe placing image helps?

To move on the story 😬

On collecting Mysterious notes it have several conversation triggers wasnt it? 🤔

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    #4026 February, 2021, 01:59 pm.

On the bonus round - and almost finished BUT... ZERO Alohomora traces have appeared. I had no issue during the main stages finding Alohomora but now nothing.... 

@Drakonite - I didn;t know the miscasts counted, interesting but you go to get at least one to start the chain. This might be the first time where I complete all tasks and have one not even started...

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 213 ✭✭✭
    #4126 February, 2021, 02:59 pm.

@Kodokmag i just finished last task, looks like you must find manual brilliant trace to get finish last task if you want get mysterious note.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 89 ✭✭✭
    #4226 February, 2021, 03:36 pm.

@Kodokmag I'm in an adversary rich area and I've seen no difference in the amount of Adversaries during this Brilliant event than any other non-Adversary Event days - in fact, I just saw a Narcissa. If you want more Adversaries after finishing the event, pop an Edible Dark Mark.

#4326 February, 2021, 04:07 pm.

@EPHedwig Do you not know how events work with spawn rates? They increase the rate of certain spawns. Since there is a set max to the number of spawns in an area, that results in a decrease in regular spawns.

So, say under normal circumstances, 10 Adversaries would spawn in an area throughout the day. During an event, that 10 could now become 5 or even less, depending on how much they boost event spawns.

Using an EDM spawns up to 3 Adversaries, regardless of if it is during an event or not. They do not effect the number of spawns in an area or alter the spawn rates.

#4426 February, 2021, 06:47 pm.

@BenTiger ummm, exactly! If you personally want more spawns while an event is going on, pop on a TTD or an EDM, because that's exactly what they are meant to do. To do as @Kodokmag wants would fundamentally alter how things work in game during events to be set to an individual's completion of the tasks and could lead to unintended consequences - for instance, lowering spawn rates for boosted foundables you want (like Hermione's Time Turner in the last CD to farm books/manuals), even if you've completed the tasks for the event.

Whether there should be this many events is an entirely different matter and I agree with you it messes up the ability to play the base game. But as I said, in my experience numerous adversaries are still showing up despite the altered spawn rates, in roughly the same amount as they were before. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4526 February, 2021, 07:16 pm.

There has been one event that adjusted which spawns an individual saw based on which stage of the event you were at, so we know it is possible. I can't remember which event it was, but I recall that it had 4 stages and each one focused on certain foundables from a different family. To your point @EPHedwig, if people wanted to farm something specific they had to stay on a specific stage of the event. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing as long as we are warned that is how the event will work.

• IschiaIschia Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #4626 February, 2021, 08:01 pm.

Not seen a single alohomora trace

edited February 26 #4726 February, 2021, 08:39 pm.

@EPHedwig that is the benefit only have for "rich" player i mentioned above. with abudant spawns of traces and adversaries everywhere events like brilliant doesnt really affect the others because you still found them. but if you cant found adversaries for a week of brilliant event how you say that? on normal non event day, adversary in my area only found about 1- 3 and they re spawn almost a week later.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    edited February 26 #4826 February, 2021, 09:54 pm.

Alohomora is really frustrating. Been on the bonus for 2 days and got one while out and about in a tourist town with tons of spawns. Today I drove around 15 minutes and got everything in sight for a grand total of 4. 15 mins into ttd and not a single one.

update: fortunately one popped up and I was able to do the incomplete spell cast. Funny thing is I didn’t know incomplete ones deducted energy until now

• KeretheGreatKeretheGreat Posts: 3
    #4926 February, 2021, 11:24 pm.

Well, it took me about 35-37 brilliant traces to get 15 mysterious notes, but I'm finally onto the bonus round.

• Ou812104Ou812104 Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #5027 February, 2021, 04:39 am.

It seems like they boosted Ebublio and decreased alohamora. Even with using trace detection potion, no alohamora traces!

#5127 February, 2021, 07:34 am.

thank you for sudden "swarms" of adversaries eventhough its just draco and fenrir, it helps closing to silver prestige.

hope this could be permanen in the future. 😋

• GatorellaGatorella Posts: 53 ✭✭
    #5227 February, 2021, 12:47 pm.

For the love of alohomora! Where are they?

• BlashesBlashes Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #5327 February, 2021, 05:34 pm.

I barely find alohomora and when I finally do - they don’t count - no matter how many I do - I’m stuck at 14/25

Help or I won’t be able to finish the last task and get my bonus

TY

• BlashesBlashes Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #5427 February, 2021, 05:53 pm.

Well, idk if you did anything or not - but now it worked and I finished my task

Thank you

• Ou812104Ou812104 Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited February 27 #5527 February, 2021, 09:32 pm.

Nothing changed on my end with alohamora traces.

HELP. THERE ARE NONE.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 72 ✭✭
    #5627 February, 2021, 10:17 pm.

These Alohamora traces have been hiding. Only just finished part 2. Should still manage to finish it all but for sure does not feel like they’re boosted.

• Hew1216Hew1216 Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #5728 February, 2021, 05:05 am.

They didn’t seem boosted to me at all. When you do stumble upon one, incomplete spell casts worked great for me. I don’t think I would have finished otherwise.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 84 ✭✭✭
    #5828 February, 2021, 11:53 pm.

My personal experience in the areas I go to, I still saw about the same number of dark marks as I would otherwise. The event didn't seem to alter the frequency.

I think we should leave Brilliant events the same length they are now. Advances players benefit with more traffic to knight bus, which increases RSB yield. Lower level players have a more difficult time completing events and it is important that they do to collect rewards to advance.

I personally found several three headed dogs this morning and with a few trace charms, I was able to place that sticky three times at 55 MOM each time. That was during 90 minutes of play.

Yes, the number of events is higher, but advancing is more than just prestiging pages. A lot more. Events provide the opportunity for advancement that make it easier to collect traces and prestige pages.

• ArtieVArtieV Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #5901 March, 2021, 04:15 am.

@Not4u13

It would be nice if upcoming events you speak of (for March) had been announced already.

Do you think the techs have been given a deadline to fix the SOS Report in game announcements? #15Days #IdesOfMarch

edited March 1 #6001 March, 2021, 12:15 pm.

Just finished the bonus assignment, and to echo others on here I was disappointed with the number of alohomora traces. I was excited to see them boosted since I needed both the Ministry Executioner and Demiguise to star them on gold but I haven't seen nearly enough Demiguises to do that - only one in the wild and only a handful using several TTDs this last week. Barely boosted, sadly.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    #6102 March, 2021, 06:57 am.

Wow! The ending of this event seems to hint of something ominous is coming. Does it mean that the Lethal Adversaries are coming? Thanks to the HPWU team, they split up the Adversaries Events to give us time to get the potions and ingredients that we need to face the Adversaries again.

Thanks to my friends for sending me gifts of potions, spell energy, ingredients and runestones to make sure that I am prepared for the next event. 😊