We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
Allow dragon eggs to be found in fortresses — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Allow dragon eggs to be found in fortresses

EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 28 February, 2021, 06:05 am.

It's been a year and a half since the dragons pages were introduced, and you've done exactly 2 events with them (and the first dragon egg event was over Labor Day weekend while I was camping with no cell service). What exactly are you saving up for? As of this morning, those dragon pages are the only exploration pages that I don't have prestiged to gold, and I don't see how I would be able to get both of them to gold given the number of portkeys needed even with another week-long event. I do, however, have HUNDREDS of Oddities Runestones. Can you please open them as challenge fragments? The Oddities family is the only one that only has 2 challenge-only foundables, and it would be a great way to easily give long-time players something more to work towards aside from Adversaries and filling out the SOS trees.

Comments

• PangarbanPangarban Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #218 February, 2021, 05:01 pm.

It is nice to have something different, something special to look forward to. Whenever they announce the next dragon event there will be a rare buzz in our local HPWU chats.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    #318 February, 2021, 05:36 pm.

No. Absolutely no. then oddities' 2 fort frags will become 6, which will make it almost as tough as the LOH family. No, heeeellllll no absolutely the nether no I don't want this. Dragon pages are regional 'special' pages 'we' get only during events and from portks (the eggs). That is absolutely how it must continue to be.

And they've done 4 events w them, not 2. Wuff+day of dragons. Then 2 more only 1/2 pages per continent then last sept. the 4th w both pages after they nerfed trace charm. But, again and I cannot possibly stress this enough, No.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #419 February, 2021, 10:11 pm.

@Drakonite I'm not sure I understand your logic - you'd rather burn through hundreds of silver keys to unlock portkeys as opposed to Runestones? I literally have 800 Oddities Runestones and counting and only need 20 more fragments to star the fortress foundables on gold. At the rate these dragon events are going, I won't be playing the game long enough to get those dragons pages to gold, not because of the dragons themselves but because of the eggs. And, as other forums on here have said, people are stuck on the Oddities pages not because of the fortress frags, but because of local conditions - adding a bit more difficulty there doesn't seem to hurt, but adds a lot more continuous play to the game that is currently confined to once or twice a year. My vote is to do something different.

#519 February, 2021, 10:19 pm.

yes, id rather burn keys than runes, not b/c I want runes but b/c at the moment oddities is the only family with 2 fort fragments only, which makes it IDEAL for farming gold gifts, you (at gold page/frame) need only 25 runes to get 12 treasure trunks, which in dark 5 means its 50%-50% you either get the HS egg or the centaur bow, you do 25 runes (easy in 1-2 hrs of discord group battles w friends) and you can have 12-24 treasure trunks to farm gold gifts from, and that can be daily. They make the eggs fort foundables that 50-50 becomes 1/6....the eggs are on pages with regional foundables (dragons) it is ok that they arent found easily or as easily or outside events. And it is ok to wait for said events.

(Also I am Gold starred on all 2 dragon pages, I did burn through 100+ silver keys during the last event, simply b/c I had no other use for them and they were just pilling up)

The more fort foundables you add to a family the tougher it becomes to prestige pages simply b/c the fort foundables dont drop as easily from forts (just look at Legends of Hogwarts and/or Hogwarts 9 3/4 or sports family), if the eggs become so then all new-er players after that change will have a much tougher time at prestiging all 6 pages.

My vote is to leave things EXACTLY as they are.

• XenomerXenomer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭
    edited February 19 #619 February, 2021, 11:08 pm.

Fun fact: I've found dragon eggs on the map. Very rare though. Three times if I remember correctly. And just like the green ingredients (Wormwood, Dittany) they are almost unnoticeable during daylights since the color palette change.

"you'd rather burn through hundreds of silver keys to unlock portkeys as opposed to Runestones?" I'm with him. This game originally was an immersive augmented reality game, using real world map. I walk/jog a lot and I like the portkeys because they open when I exercise. But fighting is time wasting, repetitive, boring and unlikely to do during walking and impossible to do during running. And I have no idea, why people sitting on their couch are screaming for new features that bring everything for them. When I'm at home I play polished and more interesting games on my big screen that is more friendly for my eyes.

So yes, I rather burn keys and I actually did. The only time I spent gold apart from a few vault extensions was the silver keys during the dragon event, and voila, all the dragon pages are gold. NB I missed out the first dragon event completely. (I had a running race in a rural place with no reception.)

#721 February, 2021, 09:03 am.

yeah during events theyve been given in the map as well as in portks, I dont think theyre shown in map during non-event times tho, or at least ive never seen one.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    #821 February, 2021, 10:39 pm.

@Drakonite and others.

I’ve never seen dragon egg Portkeyes outside of a dragon event, so I don’t understand how you can burn through keys to acquire these eggs any other time.

@Xenomer I have no trouble seeing Wormwood or Dittany on map and they appear fairly regularly. It’s 🍄 that seldom

appear—but they do appear and seem intentionally hidden. And I think they made them smaller when they appear.

#921 February, 2021, 11:52 pm.

oh we didnt burn them outside of the events, we burnt them during. But since I had had no need for keys prior to that (all other pages had been stared/placed on gold for months prior to the last dragon event after TC nerf in Sept.) I had no reason to spend the keys so they had piled up from returning foundables (in rewards) I had 100 something silver keys and I burned them all to get the 2 dragon pages to star gold. Now keys are piling again since.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 42 ✭✭
    #1027 February, 2021, 10:19 pm.

I’d like to see another Day of the Dragons event. Maybe saving it for June?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1128 February, 2021, 06:05 am.

I don't need them, but I wouldn't mind seeing them come from Challenges. Since there are two on each page, I would suggest adding a .5 multiplier to their appearance, though. That way, you would have a 1/4 chance of getting a Serpent egg or Centaur bow vs. a 1/6 chance. That ways newer players could still work towards prestiging those pages. Currently, they still have a chance to drop from Portkeys, but with AdventureSync broken, they are extremely rare.

Most players have hundreds of Oddity runestones (thousands for many veteran players), so this would give an incentive to use up some of those runestones.