We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
An Imperfect Love Brilliant Event – Part 1 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

An Imperfect Love Brilliant Event – Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,050 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 15 February, 2021, 06:03 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Room of Requirement III during Part 1 of the An Imperfect Love Brilliant Event, starting Tuesday, February 9 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Lavender Brown - Wizarding Challenges
  • Cormac McLaggen - Tasks
  • Crookshanks - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Quidditch Fan Hermione - Encounter
  • Brilliant Quidditch Keeper Ron - Encounter

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #304 February, 2021, 08:52 pm.

@Kodokmag -In bound owl post with Orangewizard infographics....

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭
    #404 February, 2021, 08:56 pm.

as always thank you @Owlx . 😃

anyway before it apparate here, who is Lavender Brown and Cormac McLaggen?

are they show up in the books?

edited February 4 #504 February, 2021, 09:04 pm.

@Kodokmag they are in both the movie and the book Half- blood Prince

Ron dates Lavender Brown before Hermione. She is also one of the 49 killed during the battle of Hogwarts

Cormac McLaren is a Gryffindor member of the slug club. He tries out with Ron for Gryffindor Quidditch team as Keeper. He unsuccessful pursues Hermione thru out that year at Hogwarts.

#604 February, 2021, 09:19 pm.

not really impactfull to remember (to me LoL), so thats why this valentine is about ron and hermione

#804 February, 2021, 10:28 pm.
  • Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 173 ✭✭
    #1005 February, 2021, 02:22 am.

@Kodokmag true, but masterfull spell is good idea for hard game too.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited February 8 #1208 February, 2021, 05:57 pm.

@Papasequoia I have a large phone, too, so I can see better. It is more difficult to trace especially since my phone protector (the big rubber kind) has a top screen that is not glued to the phone screen (causing me to lose the spell if I lose connection with the phone screen). I find that if I glide my trace lightly while making sure that the phone is steady and I hold my breath, I am able to get masterful cast. It is also much easier if you do it sitting down (steadier). I get mostly fair and good cast when I am walking. It is a very good thing that HPWU provides some spell energy on the map because I have to use a lot of them. 😃 At least we are not required to do them in a row. One at a time is a lot of work trying but doable if you finish the first 4 special assignments within two to three days, thus leaving you with a lot of time to get the masterful spells.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    #1309 February, 2021, 02:01 am.

@Papasequoia

They know, they just want us to waste spell energy, hoping we will purchase more!

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    #1409 February, 2021, 02:04 am.

@hpwulola How about giving us more than one key as a reward in these events??

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 130 ✭✭✭
    #1509 February, 2021, 03:57 am.

Please boost the Foundables that use Aguamenti. That's the one I can cast masterful on.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 9 #1609 February, 2021, 06:31 pm.

@hpwulola Since Unicorn Hairs have become so difficult to find, it seems like they should be a reward for tasks at least once in every event. I can grow Leaping Toadstools, Abraxan Hairs are not hard to find, Powdered Dragon Claw is pretty common in Portkeys and Armadillo Bile is extremely common on the map. Unicorn Hairs, however are rare and expensive and would be greatly appreciated by many of us. Thanks!

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #1709 February, 2021, 07:46 pm.

I do know a lot of people seem to complain about not enough Unicorn hair, but I personally don't want to see them as a reward. I get so many I have to delete them because there is no way I can brew enough Potent. Perhaps it's because I don't use Potent that often, but I know I see plenty of Unicorn hair in portkeys.

Niantic cut the distance required to open a portkey in half about a year ago already. Those who simply can't go out can't open portkeys so I'm not sure how else to help. You can always buy Unicorn hair to brew a Potent.

• ArtieVArtieV Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited February 10 #1910 February, 2021, 03:01 am.

Is Angelina Johnson a typo for Lavender Brown? With the broken in-game news/communication it’s hard to understand

• SoulPowerXSoulPowerX Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #2010 February, 2021, 07:08 am.

@hpwulola please check RNG for TTD brilliant spawns, it is not ok to get 6-7/42 only

also I'm sure there is an error with increased George in swamp spawns --> we need Angelina with George instead

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    #2110 February, 2021, 07:13 am.

@ArtieV I haven't reached that task yet but I believe it's her:

edited February 10 #2210 February, 2021, 07:59 am.

@ArtieV @Lycindelle Yes, that’s correct. Although I am currently twelve minutes into a TTD and haven’t seen a single Angelina. I found the first four pretty easily earlier when I was out, but I’m not sure how I’m supposed to find 4 more of them at home if TTDs don’t bring them.

#2310 February, 2021, 08:23 am.

@hpwulola I just went through an entire TTD and not only did I not see any Angelina traces, I only saw one Legends of Hogwarts trace of any type (George Weasley.) I used a Trace Charm on it and didn't get any from that either. So, how are we supposed to be able to get not only 8 Angelinas for the third set of tasks, but 25 LOH traces for the Bonus Tasks? I was under the impression that there were some, including Angelina, that would be boosted. Am I misinformed?

#2410 February, 2021, 09:18 am.

everyone already reach that far? 🤔

i start very late, i thought it will begin tommorow. this moonsoon keep me lose track of time. LoL

still at task 1 waiting for BBE finish brewing.

• HydrangeaRoseHydrangeaRose Posts: 15 ✭✭
    #2510 February, 2021, 12:56 pm.

10 Masterful spells?! I guess Niantic figures those with limited hand mobility probably shouldn’t bother with this game. I’ve never cast a masterful spell in all my playing! Ridiculous task.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #2610 February, 2021, 03:12 pm.

So yesterday - 90% Herminones appear so it took forever to find Rons, last night and all today - 100% Rons - 2 TTD done and stupidly maxing out ron causing me to get rune stones (and making it so much harder for later stage).

Come on - mix up the event foundables - at least 50/50?!

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #2710 February, 2021, 03:13 pm.

Just while posting that comment - 3 more Rons have appeared - no Herms!

#2910 February, 2021, 06:29 pm.

@hpwulola Thank you for checking on it! I went through a point last year when I always had Unicorn Hairs when I wanted them and now, since the last several months, they just seem so hard to find!

I finally did get my Angelinas in the next TTD and a whole bunch of George Weasleys so maybe that TTD was just a dud for some reason. It's good to know that I'll be able to find them when I get to the bonus tasks.

Thank you again for the response. We are a demanding bunch and your patience is appreciated.

• IdByteUIdByteU Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited February 10 #3010 February, 2021, 06:31 pm.

Not a single Angelina yet. No matter that I've tried all hours with or without ttd and moving around various parts if city. Smh

Secret seems to be to complain. Finally got 2 Angelina's to show up. But comparatively still very low as I've placed the George image at least 3 times so far.

Post edited by IdByteU on
  • mszzajmszzaj Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #3110 February, 2021, 07:50 pm.

Since yesterday I’m stuck on page 3/4, waiting for Angelina to show. I got 1 yesterday, today none. After 3 TTD tonight I’ve got 3 so far .... Where is she???

And where are the Abraxan hair?? I got lots of Unicorn hair but haven’t seen/got Abraxan for a very long time ....

Happy to see many foundables I usually don’t see so I’ve managed to prestige a page again.😊