February Adversaries Event 1 - Gilderoy Lockhart and Slytherin’s Basilisk

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,201 admin
edited February 2 in Announcements #1 latest comment 08 February, 2021, 06:18 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Not only is he back and up to no good, but can you hear the slithering behind the walls? Prepare to take on Gilderoy Lockhart and Slytherin’s Basilisk!

From Friday, February 5 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday, February 8 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased sightings of Gilderoy Lockhart and Slytherin’s Basilisk Adversaries
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 50%

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 243 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #202 February, 2021, 07:12 pm.

Thank you @hpwulola for the infomation! Yay for reduced time on the exstimulos!

Exstimulo tasks are always problematic with the community and heres to hoping that the reduction helps balance the task better. <3

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #302 February, 2021, 07:50 pm.

@hpwulola will Edible Death Marks produce increased spawns of Lockhart and Basilisk or only the wild spawns would be boosted?

During the last Adversary Event the one EDM I used did not produce any Horntail spawns, and I know of one player who was home-bound and tried to complete the event on EDM, but did not get enough Horntail spawns.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #402 February, 2021, 08:22 pm.

Orangewizard infographics to follow

@Kodokmag

#502 February, 2021, 09:07 pm.
  • DjeaDjea Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2 #702 February, 2021, 09:23 pm.

Wow 😊 This looks doable. I will have to hitch a ride with someone before this weekend so I can stock up on Snowdrops and Ginger Roots. I still have to brew a lot of Potent Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potions (even though I have been getting a lot of Wit-Sharpening Potion gifts, thanks to friends). I could just get the guards but I like the challenge of beating the Adversaries.

Wizarding challenges are fun, too. That requirement will most likely be finished during the first day. I will have to walk at least 2 times a day to get enough Adversaries (unless the Edible Dark Mark will produce at least one of them per use.)

*\0/* 8 DADA books as rewards... YAY! *\0/*

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #802 February, 2021, 09:47 pm.

thank you @Owlx , no more wit sharpening gift task, i see. 🤔

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #905 February, 2021, 07:13 pm.

I used my free EDM from the free gift first. Got a Horntail, but got dumped out after one encounter. Hope this is not the shape of things to come.

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited February 5 #1005 February, 2021, 07:59 pm.

Good luck everyone. If you forget anything then your quick reference guide is here: https://www.taskforcetimes.news/event-quick-reference

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 60 ✭✭
    #1105 February, 2021, 10:25 pm.

As anyone seen Lockart? I've got a least a dozen encounters, no trace of him.

• cosk62cosk62 Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    #1205 February, 2021, 10:29 pm.

@Karmassus I've seen plenty of Gilderoy.

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 60 ✭✭
    #1305 February, 2021, 11:11 pm.

@cosk62 Ok thanks, I won't worry then.

edited February 6 #1406 February, 2021, 01:27 am.

I saw a lot of Basilisks and Lockharts at home and while walking. Those were great. I only had to use 1 to 3 potions for each.

Thank you very much HPWU team for giving us a lot more ginger roots; that is very helpful with the master notes requirement. Would you please place a few Snowdrops on the map, too? I have not seen any in a couple of days.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #1506 February, 2021, 02:47 am.

A very pleasant surprise. When I bought the fifth and final SOS lesson against lethal adversaries, I earned an award for completing an Auror lesson plan! 3 unicorn hairs!

• MininirimeMininirime Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1606 February, 2021, 09:31 pm.

@Karmassus have you had anymore luck with lockharts or basilisks? Because I’ve used two dark marks and as of yet have had no showings of these adversaries! At this rate I won’t be able to complete the tasks.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    #1707 February, 2021, 12:03 am.

Completed the event tasks quickly and then focused on obtaining enough RSB to complete the final precision tree. I have only completed one in the dodge tree but hopeful I can advance that side quickly.

I used a lot of potions and routinely post here about not having enough snowdrop and that is the issue again today. With a 50% brew time reduction, I hoped more would appear on the map.

I will focus on prestiging adversary pages tomorrow which means I don't need to complete the entire chain. Hopefully with the extra task I completed today I won't need to use many potions to get that done.

I am playing Auror against Adversaries and Professor in Wizarding Challenges.

#1807 February, 2021, 03:35 am.

See this video time stamp 8:34 for a great tip for more critical hits to save some se and maybe potions

goodinformation about and from Plotter 101

• RavenloxRavenlox Posts: 1
    #1907 February, 2021, 03:37 pm.

1. Having issues with game not recognizing the use of the Wit potion. I have gone from 16 potions down to 12 but it is not recording on the events page.

2. Is there a reason for when you are using a port key that the screen doesn't rotate anymore?

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 71 ✭✭✭
    #2008 February, 2021, 01:21 am.

The server has booted me out of multiple adversary encounters wasting my wit and potent exstimulo potions. It's been so unpredictable that I'm not going to use any more of them. I'm only going to fight the guards, if I even get through them anymore. The connection issues are getting annoying. Nothing has changed with my phone, or other setup, but this problem has been getting worse for the last couple of months. It really takes the fun out of playing.

• ShmandapantsShmandapants Posts: 1
    #2108 February, 2021, 02:33 am.

An adversary chain disappeared out of nowhere in the middle of battle, and now I've been robbed of the chance to complete the chain and collect the fragments I need to complete the event. FIX YOUR BUGS!

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2208 February, 2021, 06:49 am.

@Owlx you dont and wont get more crits like that, that's false info. all spell-shapes in WU have red dots, its how the game knows you traced the spell or not, I go over the red dots in forts and/or advers. every single time and I dont get crits every single time. You get crits based on your precision (crit rate) which for aurors is 85% in advers and 30% (I think) in forts and much lower for magiz and/or prof. Like everything else in HPWU it's rng. XPtgo sees what he wants to see, beyond that Id not trust anything he 'says' as he doesnt know key-core aspects of the game, like a few months ago when someone asked him during live stream how to place Dark Detectors and he didn't know.

#2308 February, 2021, 07:58 am.

@Owlx and@Drakonite I believe the video might have a valid point about the red dot. I usually count the spell energy that I use in each encounter, and I have used less spell energy since following his advice. I have not gotten more critical hits but my hits seems to be costing my foes' stamina more.

HPWU team, thank you very much for the increased snowdrops and ginger roots on the map. It helped me finish the last special assignment requirement since I only wanted to brew Potent Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potions. Thank you very much for the increased Dark Marks and spell energy on the map, too. They enabled me to earn double the DADA books that I earned from last month. I had a great time with this event. Great game 😊

• DeadeeyeDeadeeye Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2408 February, 2021, 09:57 am.

I'm getting so frustrated. I've used two EDMs and only encountered one basilisk, but instead faced off Fenrir twice and Narcissa thrice. It seems like the EDM only encouraged random Adversaries which only spawned every 10 minutes. This is yet another Adversary event that I can't complete.

FYI - I'm stuck at home, hence I could not walk.

edited February 8 #2508 February, 2021, 11:14 am.

@Deadeeye you can not rely on EDMs to complete the special assignment. As you have observed, the Adversaries are random. The only way I usually complete the special assignment is by walking because it drops off in the middle of the Adversary chain when I am playing as a passenger in a moving vehicle, and not enough EDMs pop up at home. I think it is because the network reception varies in different areas. Wear 2 masks and have fun social distancing outdoors, if you can talk someone into helping you move around (like my friend did when she had to use a wheelchair for a while.)

#2608 February, 2021, 12:15 pm.

@Djea if you dont hit the 'red dots' you get a "spell miscast" or incorrect spell. You hit them anyways crit or no crit. Critical hits are determined solely by your stats of precision (critical %) in adversaries if you're an auror w all 5 precision nodes (x4 rsb + 1 75 DADAs) you have 129% 1st strike crit and then 85%, you have a die that has 100 sides and 85 of them will offer you a crit. 9/10 shots youre gonna get a crit if there isnt a bug in the algorithm.

• PurplePyro911PurplePyro911 Posts: 1
    #2708 February, 2021, 04:56 pm.

So many of my adversary encounters have crashed before I can defeat the final boss, I doubt I will be able to finish the objectives. As a result, I've burned through so many dark mark candies and haven't managed to get enough basilisk encounters to complete the page objective. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

#2808 February, 2021, 05:25 pm.

@Drakonite you are probably correct. The video helped me make sure that I hit the red dot each time ensuring that I have no spell miscast and thus use less spell energy. Thank you very much for pointing that out. I am such a terrible tracer. But knowing where the red dot is before I make the trace does help make all my spell count.

#2908 February, 2021, 06:18 pm.

yw :)