February Monthly Overview - Discover your Imperfect Love

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
edited January 28 in Announcements #1 latest comment 02 March, 2021, 04:53 pm.

The forces behind the Calamity are still a mystery, and Harry has no recollection of causing a surge. Could someone be courting the Calamity? Pick up your wands and find out!

This February, keep an eye out for the following:

February Adversaries Event 1: Friday, February 5 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday, February 8 at 11 a.m. PT

• Refine your combat skills and prepare to go against Gilderoy Lockhart and Slytherin’s Basilisk.

An Imperfect Love Brilliant Event Part 1: Tuesday, February 9 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, February 16 at 11 a.m. PT

• Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Quidditch Changing Room including the Quidditch Fan Hermione and Quidditch Keeper Ron.

February Adversaries Event 2: Tuesday, February 16 at 11 a.m. PT–Thursday, February 18 at 11 p.m. PT

• Prepare for another round of battle as you enter combat against Aragog.

February Community Day: All day Saturday, February 20 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time

• Look for the Omnioculars and Time Turner as you visit the Room of Requirement III.

An Imperfect Love Brilliant Event Part 2: Tuesday, February 23 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, March 2 at 11 a.m. PT

• Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Malfoy Manor, including the Portrait of Bellatrix Lestrange and Portrait of Voldemort.

To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, these events have been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• EdrayfEdrayf Posts: 13 ✭✭
    #428 January, 2021, 08:18 pm.

2.5 days is not fair.

0.5 can almost be a full day for those that have it during the day (Americas), and a couple hours only for those who have it at night :/

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28 #528 January, 2021, 08:50 pm.

the first adversary event will be 4 days?

• SchnatzHunterSchnatzHunter Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #628 January, 2021, 09:10 pm.

Really? The HP Community day at the same day as the big PokemonGo event? Didn‘t the February have enough days to avoid this???

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,200 admin
    #728 January, 2021, 10:07 pm.

@Kodokmag It's 72 hours long, similar to how Wizarding Weekend was scheduled.

@MtPollux We will look into how to shift the calendar around to accommodate for these new events.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #828 January, 2021, 10:16 pm.

@hpwulola the way the 2nd event is formed asia and usa get 2 and a half days europe gets 2 days b/c the 'half' more falls from 2000 to 0800, 1. most ppl are asleep during those times and 2. 9/10 EU countries have curfew and lockdowns in place we can't go out and play. Please rectify this and either bring all continents to 2 days or expand time for EU to 3 days to make up for those hrs. thanks.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #928 January, 2021, 11:11 pm.

Thanks for the reply @hpwulola. And I didn't notice at first that the second adversary event ends at 11pm, so it's actually 2.5 days long. That's better than what I first thought.

• NorajCandiesNorajCandies Posts: 35 ✭✭
    edited January 29 #1028 January, 2021, 11:20 pm.

yes you can shift brilliant event from Monday 8 at 11am to Monday 15 at 11am and adversaries event Monday 15 at 11am to Thursday 18 at 11am . To have 3 full day for everyone, without event overlap.

Post edited by HPWUblue on
    #1128 January, 2021, 11:32 pm.

still hoping for spotlight event for page 1 oddities (brown centaur(

• hermioneeowynphermioneeowynp Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1229 January, 2021, 04:09 am.

I hope Community Day will have necklaces too, because I need those to prestige to gold.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 294 ✭✭✭
    #1329 January, 2021, 04:47 am.

The problem is, i got a PoGo tour and CD HPWU. What a mess a double trouble....

@Kodokmag brown centaur is very rare, i hope special spotlight is here.

• MidlakeAmyniMidlakeAmyni Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1429 January, 2021, 12:01 pm.

@hpwulola the 2nd adversaries event being 60 hours is unfair to certain timezones (such as Europe), why not just have community day on sunday and make the adversaries event 3 days? Events should either be based on local time or a multitude of 24 hours.

#1529 January, 2021, 04:23 pm.

dont have to shift anything, cancel the BE events, theyre lame and boring. Put 1 adver event 7 day long giving the 20 dadas the bonus pages would give boosting all existing advers., and a wizarding week 7 days long giving the 30 rsbs the be's would give, and a CD mostly oriented around forts. There done.

#1629 January, 2021, 04:24 pm.

brown centaur is rare??? i find them dime a dozen almost daily lol

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 614 ✭✭✭
    #1729 January, 2021, 05:32 pm.

@Drakonite It is - in some regions. As are other foundables as well. Luckily we are not affected that much.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    edited January 29 #1829 January, 2021, 06:41 pm.

The Oddities' Horned Serpent is rare here. It rained a lot the last 3 days, and it still has not shown up even with Tonic for Trace Detection. Yesterday, I even managed to hitch a ride with someone going to a doctor's appointment. I played in the car while waiting for an hour and still nothing. But I did manage to get a lot of Spell Energy and Snowdrops along the way.

I like the extra half day added during the second Adversaries Event. Personally, I am able to play a lot more after midnight when everyone else is asleep (no interruptions during intense battles). But I found that the extra half day gave me reassurance that I will have the time to finish the event if I was not able to finish it the night before.

Please do not cancel the Brilliant Events. I like them and the story lines with them. Besides, I know a lot of people who can barely complete them due to limitations. We need easy and difficult events so no one is left out.

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 55 ✭✭
    edited January 29 #1929 January, 2021, 06:57 pm.

Guess I'll be reading those books next month. ;-)

#2029 January, 2021, 07:43 pm.

@Drakonite that oddities 1 page is still BASIC page with brown centaur holding back. LoL

thats from playing from the beginning ( 1 year and a half?)

#2129 January, 2021, 09:34 pm.

ouch, yeah been playing since launch as well, but in Athens, Greece we have a lot of clear days and nights, I guess we have a lot of centaurs, i'd swap them all for more fluffies and/or horned serpents, lol

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 55 ✭✭
    #2229 January, 2021, 10:15 pm.

@Drakonite : come to Belgium. The other day I got something like 5 three-headed dogs + 2 horned serpents just walking to the pharmacy and back (so 10 minutes tops). I'm getting them just because they give out loads of blue books when you place the image.

My stats are 37 centaurs seen for 242 dogs.

I guess that's the only advantage to our **** weather. That and plentiful potato crops. Want a house swap? :-)

#2329 January, 2021, 11:20 pm.

to me fluffy and hornet serpent shows on daily basis (found around 2-3 a day), just hoping the brown centaur could be at least included on monthly basis like the others foundables from same page like werewolf.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #2530 January, 2021, 03:24 pm.

@Kodokmag wow, I didn't realize that the Brown Centaur is so rare in some places - it is my most seen Oddity! Wish I could send you some because I stopped collecting them ages ago.

#2631 January, 2021, 04:07 am.

@EPHedwig this is my brown centaur :

Comparing with non beam newest page oddities V azkaban escapee :

• Minervina19Minervina19 Posts: 35 ✭✭
    #2731 January, 2021, 05:03 am.

Adversaries events during the week are very difficult if you have to work. As a result, I'm tired at the end of the day but force myself to play so I can prestige the new pages and accumulate the necessary DADA books needed to boost skills. Ditto on the calamity events. I really want to continue to enjoy the game and all of the new features. Instead, its feeling like drudgery at times. I also notice that you have consistently been scheduling community days to coincide with pokemon community days and events. Why? You know there is crossover amongst players, so why make it more difficult? I appreciate that you listen to what the players have to say. I definitely hope that you take the comments seriously to keep the fun in the game as just a reminder this is on top of all the tech errors with flare colors, the bait and switch trace charm fiasco , etc.

• BippityBBBippityBB Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2831 January, 2021, 05:44 am.

@Drakonite I think location has a lot to do with it. Where I live (GA, USA) fluffies, horned serpents, and brown centaurs are everywhere. Doxies are our ever elusive oddity.

#2931 January, 2021, 07:33 am.

@BippityBB oh yeah, i know. Oddities pages are biome and/or time of day locked (as well as continent locked for Dragons).

• DjeaDjea Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    #3031 January, 2021, 10:43 pm.

Speaking of dragons, are we having another Dragon Week so we can prestige the 2 Oddities pages? I saved my silver keys for the eggs. I had a great time with them last year.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 153 ✭✭✭
    #3101 February, 2021, 04:43 am.

@Djea I agree another dragon event would be awesome to knock out two of the only non-gold pages I have, but not for another few months when most people will actually be able to do it for weather/COVID reasons.