January Community Day

2»

Comments

• DjeaDjea Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    edited January 23 #3223 January, 2021, 10:43 am.

Please let us get more foe glass fragments. I have used 2 Tonics for Trace Detection, and I only managed to get 3 WOWW Traces with Foe Glass. I don't think I will be able to withstand another migraine from stress at last year's back to back Community Days where I used 9 Tonics for Trace Detection and 6 the next day, and still was not able to complete the special assignments.

Since it looks like it is not going to rain today, I am going to find time to walk to the Inns and use dark detectors. I hope there will be a lot more Traces with Foe Glass out there than at home so far.

I did manage to get Hogwarts Express fragments: 1 from Ruins Chamber III, and 1 from Tower Chamber I. I seem to only get a fragment when I was playing with 4 more people in the chamber.

Thank you very much for extending the Community Day until noon on Sunday. I will try not to volunteer to help cook brunch so I can play more while taking a walk.

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    #3323 January, 2021, 11:55 am.

I think @h4stur is correct in his assumption that the fragment drop is guaranteed at chamber Forest IV or above. I got a Hogwarts express every time I played in Forest IV, which is not how it usually works.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #3423 January, 2021, 02:54 pm.

@Djea, agreed - the Foe Glass has definitely been the limiting factor in this event so far. Which is frustrating because that's the only one I needed to prestige the page to gold!

• skookumchuck55skookumchuck55 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #3523 January, 2021, 03:15 pm.

Anyone know what chamber gives the guaranteed Hogwarts Express? I just did one and did NOT receive a drop.

• IrishW0lf13IrishW0lf13 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #3623 January, 2021, 04:56 pm.

i have used many wizarding world runes and gotten nothing. what do you mean by guaranteed hog warts express????

• MsCadaverous107MsCadaverous107 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited January 23 #3723 January, 2021, 07:40 pm.

Tonic for Trace Detection reduced brewing time for Community Day is a joke!! It's not much of a perk when the ingredients required for brewing this potion are barely spawning on the map. Nothing spawning near my home so I had to jump on my car and go hunting them down. I drove all over the place in three different cities today for the past 4-5 hours looking for these ingredients and had very little success. Not to mention, spell energy on the map is even more scarce! So much for the Covid-19 "stay at home" orders.... if I want to play this game I have to either leave the house and burn out a tank of gas to go hunt stuff down OR stay home and spend a fortune to buy spell energy and potions.

Very disappointed that I spent the money to rent a second cauldron for the whole day and I can't even keep anything brewing in it! This is what makes people give up on the game and stop playing altogether! Most everyone is already struggling financially as it is during these crazy times, why make it harder on people? A lot of us play your game to escape reality for a bit.

Am I the only one who has noticed that any other time when there isn't a brew time reduction these ingredients are ALL over the map, but as soon as they say they are reducing the brew time they magically disappear??

Post edited by MsCadaverous107 on
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #3823 January, 2021, 08:35 pm.

@MsCadaverous107 i think its usually that way, harvest/scavenge/pick/capture everything as much as your vault could hold before event.

because this map items (ingredients, spell energy, traces, adversaries) compete each other to show on map.

so when on events of certain item to boost up, the other will definitely decrease.

in places where spawns are scarce it will be hard blow for these other decrease.

• ArtieVArtieV Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #3923 January, 2021, 09:57 pm.

Please fix your broken game, Warner Brothers. Some of us very much liked playing it. Mostly.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 437 ✭✭✭
    #4023 January, 2021, 11:34 pm.

Aren't even hiding all they care about is money anymore. The game was never meant to be played at home anyway but it's become even more obvious since covid they don't care. You can't find the spell energy or ingredients you actually need??? guess you have to buy them!😂 heavy sarcasm

• ProfGryffClawProfGryffClaw Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #4123 January, 2021, 11:47 pm.

Anybody else having trouble with absolutely NO portmanteaus appearing? Event has been active in my area for nearly 18 hours and nothing all day. Have nearly all the tasks completed so no problems with everything else appearing. :-/

• MsCadaverous107MsCadaverous107 Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited January 23 #4223 January, 2021, 11:51 pm.

I don't know how much I believe that it's a matter of competition between items on the map because I have seen a TON of snow drop, bitter root, frog brain, dragon liver, bubotuber pus, lovage, newt spleen, etc ALL DAY ...EVERYWHERE! I don't believe it is a coincidence that the ingredients required for the potion they are "giving us" reduced brewing time on are no where to be found. That's just too odd, don't ya think? They simply flipped the off switch on all the stuff we need to benefit from their so called perk. I know what they are doing is fully intentional. Cash cows.

• LavenderBrookeLavenderBrooke Posts: 2
    edited January 24 #4324 January, 2021, 12:23 am.

So much for guaranteed HE... Two chambers in a row with no HE fragment .

CORRECTION: four in a row...

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    #4424 January, 2021, 03:16 am.

@LavenderBrooke i just HE in ruins chamber V in twice, looks like you're bad luck too.

@Kodokmag if you hard to find snowdrop, try greenhouse. I got many snowdrop in greenhouse.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4524 January, 2021, 03:37 am.

@Yohanes12 thanks for advice 👍️, this comday i focused on brewing TTD.

• Dstephens70Dstephens70 Posts: 1
    #4624 January, 2021, 06:21 am.

Love you guys but the guaranteed hogwarts express didn't work :(

• DjeaDjea Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
    #4724 January, 2021, 09:32 am.

Thank you very much for a very good Community Day.

The special assignment was completed a few minutes before midnight after using 4 Tonics for Trace Detection, using an Exstimulo Potion and Dawdle Draught for each required Foe Glass, and walking about 3 km. I was able to prestige to silver, and will prestige the "King's Cross Station" registry page to gold as soon as I open all the Community Day portkey portmanteaus that I picked up.

I am used to fighting a lot of Fortress challenges before getting any fragments so it is refreshing to know that when I do get a fragment reward that it will be a Hogwarts Express instead of the other 3 WOWW fragments. It made it a lot easier to grind for the HE fragment requirements for silver and gold.

Thank you very much for providing more snowdrops on the map than usual.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
    #4824 January, 2021, 06:56 pm.

I agree with @Djea, I enjoyed the event - the Foe Glass sightings picked up and I was not only able to prestige the page to gold, but got all of the exploration foundables starred with the extra time in the event..

I also appreciate that the last couple of events have dropped spell energy as rewards in fortresses. My biggest limiting factor in prestiging pages to gold has been the fortress-only foundables, but with the extra spell energy I was able to grind my way through the Room of Requirement II and Fallen Ministry Atrium pages to prestige to gold in the last week, and made some progress on Hagrid's Hut. More of the spell energy in fortresses, please!

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    #5025 January, 2021, 04:28 am.

Fun event. Finished pretty quickly. Do love getting SE in fortress. My page was already gold going into event, but was still nice to star again and collect the MOM books.

The reduced brew time for TFTD is an interesting twist.

Loved the Portkey Hogwarts Express. Fun to explore the train car. Creative.

Several complain about not enough Unicorn Hair but received a good deal of them from these portkeys.

Well done.