January Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,201 admin
edited January 23 in Announcements #1 latest comment 25 January, 2021, 04:28 am.

Witches and Wizards,

January Community Day is all day Saturday, January 23 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. Search for Platform 9 ¾ and catch the Hogwarts Express as you visit King’s Cross Station.

Update: We have extended this event until Sunday, January 24 12:00pm local time.

This Community Day, you can look forward to the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Wonders of the Wizarding World Foundables to King’s Cross Station with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Ingredients and DADA Books.
  • Increased sightings of Giants Helm, Baby Mandrake and Foe Glass Foundables from the King’s Cross Station Registry page.
  • Guaranteed Hogwarts Express dropping from Wonders of the Wizarding World runestones.
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more Community Day Traces, only takes 1 hour to brew, and its Master Notes will reduce brew time by 50%.
  • A special 1km Portmanteau that rewards Platform 9 ¾ Sign fragments.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• DjeaDjea Posts: 284 ✭✭✭
    edited January 20 #220 January, 2021, 09:45 am.

Finally, Foe Glass foundables... Yay!!! I have been waiting to prestige to silver. Thank you so much!

• chavenschavens Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #321 January, 2021, 02:47 pm.

“Guaranteed Hogwarts Express dropping from Wonders of the Wizarding World runestones”

=

Awesome’ness

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #421 January, 2021, 05:32 pm.

For those who need more of the platform 9 3/4 sign to be able to prestige your page, focus on getting them from the fortress before CD. In past events many people have complained about not being able to open portkeys during the day and so not being able to prestige the page.

Luckily I have lots of runes, so I was able to grind out 8 of them last night and place the 9 3/4 sign on my silver page. I'm ready for Saturday.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #521 January, 2021, 07:31 pm.

detailed tasks please. 🤔

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    #622 January, 2021, 04:59 am.

Bad news is run out of exstimulo after adveseries. I hope there's saving exstimulo a this CD.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #722 January, 2021, 07:29 am.

what a useless, pointless CD, and b/c of this trashy event we got stolen a day of adversaries event......

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    #822 January, 2021, 07:38 am.

This event is for the inferior wizard families. Slytherin doesn't require any droppings from the Wonders of the Wizarding World, since we've prestiged and starred these Registry pages a long time ago...

#922 January, 2021, 07:43 am.

Pure blood noble wizard muahahaha (evil laugh?)

Anyway my page have been gold too.

Just staring at those 5 DADA books reward.

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    #1022 January, 2021, 09:38 am.

@Kodokmag I will attend to this event, even though it's beneath me. As soon as I've received the 5 DADA books, I will again use my wand on more important matters.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 298 ✭✭✭
    #1122 January, 2021, 10:36 am.

@Kodokmag if you more again 9 3/4 sign in place again, you get chance spellbook if you have treasure trunk WOWW. It's good idea for restock charm too.

#1222 January, 2021, 12:16 pm.

@Yohanes12 👍. Will do that.

• LysaraBlackwoodLysaraBlackwood Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #1422 January, 2021, 04:37 pm.

This is from one tonic for trace detection an hour after the start in Australia. @hpwulola I think someone forgot to turn on Tonic for trace detection for this event.

• simonadotcomsimonadotcom Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited January 22 #1522 January, 2021, 05:47 pm.

keep throwing tonic for trace detection, a diluge of trace charms, and SIX detectors [I'm currently staying in the middle of 2 inns + 1 greenhouse] and I get LITERALLY EVERYTHING but Wonders of the Wizarding World Foundables - and if by chance 1 in a million shows up it's obviously NOT in the special assignment list.

Get your act together Niantic!!!

Cc: @hpwulola 

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 ✭✭
    #1622 January, 2021, 05:48 pm.

I'm also getting zero WOWW traces despite using TTD potions. Has to be a technical error.

• melbmelbmelbmelbmelbmelb Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited January 22 #1722 January, 2021, 05:49 pm.

Australia here, almost 5am, no Hogwarts Express from DarkV, no King's Cross Station fragments from Tonic for Trace Detection, Tonic for Trace Detection is not 1hr brew time without Master Notes.

Only thing switched on is the tasks, which are impossible without more frequent sightings.

• simonadotcomsimonadotcom Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #1822 January, 2021, 07:01 pm.
    edited January 22 #1922 January, 2021, 10:36 pm.

Feels like this will be 12 hours event isnt it. 😬

Despite lack of event spawns, portkey generously give 5 unicorn hair so far. Thank you

• HallanenHallanen Posts: 58 ✭✭✭
    #2022 January, 2021, 11:00 pm.

did they add extra time? Mine says that the event ends in 1d 11h.

• ArchilyaArchilya Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #2223 January, 2021, 12:50 am.

Please help me with this problem. I just lost my 1200xp without goldgift or TC Charge. Family rank not work during place fortress fragment. thanks.

• h4sturh4stur Posts: 1
    #2323 January, 2021, 01:01 am.

It seems that you're only getting a guaranteed Hogwarts Express in FIV and higher if you use a WOTWW runestone. 

• ArtieVArtieV Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #2423 January, 2021, 03:21 am.

I am not seeing any “Guaranteed Hogwarts Express” King’s Cross Station foundable dropping during Wizarding Challenges.

I had to come to the forums here to find out we had in store today as the ingame SOS Report has been offline for 2 months now.

I’m not spending another red cent here before the game’s crippling issues are resolved.

Are WB/Niantic’s B or C teams now running this game? :rolleyes:

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    #2523 January, 2021, 08:55 am.

I and many others are not seeing the "Guaranteed" fragments:

• Guaranteed Hogwarts Express dropping from Wonders of the Wizarding World runestones.

The event is started for me, I'm alone in the chamber so no cross-timezone issues, the Hogwarts Express fragment is the only one showing in the rewards list... but it's not awarded at the end.

Very disappointing.

• EaglesWEaglesW Posts: 49 ✭✭
    #2623 January, 2021, 09:06 am.

@hpwulola :

Guaranteed Hogwarts Express dropping from Wonders of the Wizarding World runestones.

Yeah, right. Just spent a Runestone #4 of WotWW... no Hogwarts Express.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2723 January, 2021, 09:45 am.

@Kodokmag @Cartaphilus Where do you see 5 DADA books? Mine says the reward is 3 of them.

• MaditaOnAirMaditaOnAir Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #2823 January, 2021, 09:47 am.

'guaranteed' here means IF you get a foundable from your woww runestone, it's safe the hogwarts express and nothing else. c'mon people, is this the first cd you're playing?

• McLightMcLight Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #2923 January, 2021, 10:20 am.

@MaditaOnAir it's the first CDay (at least in a while) to use this wording.

Nov:

• Increased chance in Wizarding Challenges of receiving Wizard Chess Queen, Dumbledore’s Army Sign-Up Sheet or Half-Blood Prince's Advanced Potion Making fragment with Legends of Hogwarts runestones

Jul:

• Increased chance to receive Knockturn Alley Sign Fragments when using Dark Arts Runestones in Forest IV (Chamber 14) and higher

Jun:

• Increased chance to receive Sword of Gryffindor fragments when using Mysterious Artefacts Runestones in Wizarding Challenges

• MdsbdrMdsbdr Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #3023 January, 2021, 10:23 am.

good day to you all, is anyone else having trouble with the reduced brew time not working properly? I still have the common brewing time for TTD and extimulo elixirs. Never experienced it before though

#3123 January, 2021, 10:25 am.

@CeruleanGirl i just random write the number because that time didnt see the tasks and reward detail my self (and the event not live yet). LoL

sorry for make you confuse.