We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
January Adversaries Event — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

January Adversaries Event

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,050 admin
edited January 19 in Announcements #1 latest comment 24 January, 2021, 08:31 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Can you hear the roars bellowing from the distance? Get ready to take on the Ancient Hungarian Horntail!

From Tuesday, January 19 at 11 a.m. PT–Thursday, January 21 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Increased sightings of the Ancient Hungarian Horntail Adversary, with slightly more sightings of Draco Malfoy and Fenrir Greyback Adversaries as well
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 50%

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• Antique100Antique100 Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited January 14 #314 January, 2021, 07:57 pm.

@HPWUasim

So no Lethal adversaries yet?

I just reported a bug (?) in the Lethal lessons tree. Lesson #2 box says it requires 150 DADA books. I had 206. I did lesson #2, and it took 200 DADA books from me. Why?

Could I please have those 50 books back? I'd like to use them to do SOS things.

I'm not doing any more of those Lethals lessons until I find out why the DADA book numbers in the lessons are wrong.

My HPWU playing account name is agaragesaler. I'm not sure why I get signed in here as antique100 (that is the name of my second PG account).

Post edited by Antique100 on
  • KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭
    #614 January, 2021, 08:48 pm.

no tasks?

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    #714 January, 2021, 09:10 pm.

@Kodokmag

and if you have an instag. acct:

https://www.instagram.com/orangewizard2019/ thats the guy who makes the infog's w tasks etc.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 51 ✭✭
    #914 January, 2021, 10:51 pm.

This one could prove difficult to complete. Especially being a week day event. I've been brewing and saving Potent. Biggest issue is finding enough Snowdrop. I have 50 plus unicorn hair.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 965 ✭✭✭✭
    #1014 January, 2021, 10:57 pm.

there's also 1 free in the free pack in diagon alley and 2 more from task reward and overall rewards (edms).

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    edited January 15 #1115 January, 2021, 02:02 am.

@hpwulola , during the first Adversary event you said that the wit-sharpening gift finding task was intended to be done through Fortress challenges, but hundreds of people posted that the task was not feasible at all, or only through extreme efforts. You said during the event that the problem would be looked into... then silence.

Can you give players some sort of reassurance that this event will go more smoothly? It's been a while since there was an event without a major disruption and some players are getting disenchanted. (Yeah, I know, horrible pun ;-) )

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    #1215 January, 2021, 02:08 am.

@Antique100 You get signed in with the Niantic account associated with your Web authentication method (for example, a Google account).

Given that one person having two Pokemon Go accounts is an explicit violation of the TOS, you might want to edit your post a bit; a fictitious household member might be useful.

edited January 15 #1315 January, 2021, 04:01 am.

@Morganza

I've known forever that having 2 PG accounts is a "violation". But, since where I live (the geographic center of Silicon Valley), everyone has played 3/4 accounts forever, I'm not too worried about any problems . Right now in my park there is a lot of annoyance about a person with 6 red accounts dominating and defending all 3 gyms so no one else can get coins. :-)

My second account was created for my non-fictitious DH, but he refuses to play.

I still want to know about that 150/200 discrepancy in Lethal lesson #2, and would certainly like my 50 DADA books back.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1415 January, 2021, 04:15 am.

Also Fortess party in Forest 4.

Guaranteed Fortress foundable Forest 4 and up!!!! SE rewards, extra challenge xp & wizard xp!

Hoping to see y'all in F4 next week.

#1515 January, 2021, 04:15 am.

Posted other Orangewizard infographics waiting on approval

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 173 ✭✭
    #1615 January, 2021, 06:49 am.

@Antique100 hold on! Lethal adveseries is coming soon. So be patient.

No more master note exstimulo brew 50%? Too bad for finding snowdrop...

• SwampRatUKSwampRatUK Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #1715 January, 2021, 08:02 am.

My recollection from adversaries was that you received around 10 challenge XP for completing it, I remember it seeming pointlessly small - if we're aiming at 1,500 xp here, did I remember the scale of reward wrongly (15 adversaries defeated wouldn't be crazy, 150 would)?

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 535 ✭✭✭
    #1815 January, 2021, 09:00 am.

@SwampRatUK As I understood you may earn XP either by defeating adversaries or by winning Wizarding Challenges. Shouldn't be a big deal.

#1915 January, 2021, 10:41 am.

@Kodokmag

Other orangewizard infographics posting after approval

#2115 January, 2021, 07:02 pm.

@SwampRatUK

When I first saw the very low wizarding & challenge XP rewards for Adversary chains, I thought...

The game's designers want to encourage players to use other aspects of the game (traces, fortresses) to advance. If there were big wizarding and challenge XP rewards for Adversary chain victories, Adversaries could possibly become the whole game for some players, and HPWU designers don't want that.

Of course, my thinking could be entirely wrong.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #2216 January, 2021, 06:24 am.

Please make sure that snowdrops and ginger roots are everywhere on the map. During the last Adversaries Event, they were a lot less or non-existent on the map by the neighborhood where I am presently staying. They are still not much on the map and none in portkeys. One sighting of ginger root every other day is not much. I get a sighting of snowdrops every day. It would be great if it's a lot more on the map when people let me ride with them while they are doing errands so I can store more so I can take advantage of the half off brewing time.

I got a lot of DADA books during the last Adversaries Event and am looking forward to doing the same during this event. I have been getting Wit-Sharpening Potion gifts from fortress challenges about every other day. I hope it continues for this event. This is going to be a great event - very challenging. Thank you so much! :-D

• DjeaDjea Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited January 16 #2316 January, 2021, 10:34 am.

Challenge XPs are rewarded when we place images on the Challenge Registry. And we get more Challenge XPs as a reward in fortress challenges when we fight in higher chambers, use high level runestones and fight with more people. I believe that we will achieve the 1500 Challenge XP requirement in no time at all, especially since they are increasing the Challenge XP reward if we fight at Forest Chamber IV and above.

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 23 ✭✭
    edited January 17 #2617 January, 2021, 04:40 pm.

@MaditaOnAir

Got the same bug a few times. It happened when I was at the edge of my wifi reach. Not sure it's only a connection issue, but I've avoided adversaries when I'm in the badly covered part of the house. Haven't had that problem recently (fingers crossed).

With semi lockdown in my area, haven't played enough on 4G to notice if bug happened on there too.

• MaditaOnAirMaditaOnAir Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2718 January, 2021, 08:51 am.

@Karmassus My wifi connection is actually rather stable, the only thing I'm experiencing is regular GPS drift. If that's the reason behind it, I feel that actually makes it worse :/ GPS is erratic at best anywhere in my home and we're currently on full lockdown.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #2919 January, 2021, 01:15 pm.

Just a reminder to everyone to delete a lot of their current gifts to make room for the gifts you'll get trying to complete the Wit Sharpening Gift task - don't want to run out of room when you're finally lucky enough to come across one!

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    #3119 January, 2021, 07:17 pm.

Tried my first challenge and killed formidable Acromantulaspider but before rewards given, returned to trace page - is this a new bug?