We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
Get the bug with red books not dropping from trunks fixed please. Its very experimental to get the. — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Get the bug with red books not dropping from trunks fixed please. Its very experimental to get the.

MarinesoleMarinesole Posts: 4 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 17 January, 2021, 09:34 am.

Red books are supposed to drop from trunks but they don't. Get it sorted.

Comments

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #211 January, 2021, 09:33 am.

They do drop from chests, as long as you have the S.O.S. skills to get them. The odds of getting them is fairly low, though. It is around 5%, but I can confirm that every S.O.S. skill that allows for books from chests does work, as I get multiple books every day from the skills. Also, each skill is only for their specific family chests.

There may be dozens of bugs in the game, but this is not one of them. Either you don't understand the skills or your luck is poor.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    #311 January, 2021, 12:51 pm.

if you dont have the node(s) then the family/ies of the nodes that you dont have wont drop you any red books.

Beyond that some of the nodes are bugged afaik. For example the hogwarts 9 3/4 fam. node is fully bugged wont give any reds. and idk which one but 1 is criss-crossed w mz fam. ppl have been getting red books in magiz fam treasure trunks w/o having the magiz family node. So likelyhood is 1 of the other fam nodes is magiz but the text says something else and the magiz is something else but says magiz. Beyond that the red books in TTs are around 5% so at one red per trunks you are 'going' to see 5 reds in ~100 treasure trunks (of families whose nodes you have acquired).

And yeah rng can be a fickle ally, feast or famine is what a lot of players use to describe it.

• sadhanacasadhanaca Posts: 1
    #412 January, 2021, 04:14 am.

I never get any spell books and I have the nodes for the trunks that I have. It’s insanely frustrating. I’m debating whether or not to waste the investment of any more DADA books on the chests.

#512 January, 2021, 07:52 am.

@Drakonite 9 3/4 is not bugged. Neither is the Magizoology node. 9 3/4 was the first node that I had for well over a month and it dropped many skill books for me. I didn't get the Magizoology node 9th and didn't start getting scrolls from those chests, until I unlocked the node, so that one doesn't seem to be bugged to me, either.

Many people just don't read the descriptions properly and think they are unlocking one family, but get a different one... until they re-read the description and see that they read it incorrectly.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    #612 January, 2021, 07:58 am.

@BenTiger Hogw is bugged, and there's plenty of reports of magiz node being bugged and ppl who have not had the node having red books from trunks. Considering it is 2nd from the end it is physically impossible that you unlocked it 1st since its right above LOH at the end of the sos plan, and you need to have unlocked DA 1st as the shortest route. As for hogw it has not given a single red book to ppl who have had it since July-August with plenty of trunks in that fam. daily. If it is not bugged then the chances of it giving reds are well below 0.001%.

But, personally I, 2 other ppl i know, and more from reports in either here or discord have received red books from magiz. trunks WITHOUT having unlocked that node above LOH (final node in plan).

• SwampRatUKSwampRatUK Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #712 January, 2021, 08:37 am.

@BenTiger multiple red books a day this route? Crumbs that's a lot of traces, >40 family trunks?

I've felt quite pleased with myself on the rare days when I get 12-15 chests in a day through trace charms on emergency traces and playing more than normal

Assuming that many levels isn't common, there's a lot of leeway to increase a 5% rate without devaluing red books. It feels, to me, significantly harder to get one this route than doing a dark chamber 5 run (which is sort of one red book per run on average, although is take a while to get the four other players needed to get the challenge points and does use a runestone - so being a bit harder or less reliable makes some sense)

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    #812 January, 2021, 09:03 am.

so this red book treasure chest is worth it then?

will be in my to do list now. LoL

• Strider86Strider86 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #912 January, 2021, 10:39 am.

I can tell you it is far, far less than 5% I have numerous of these nodes unlocked and have had one spell book from them, ever. Trace charms might be 5% but this one is probably about 1% if that.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 48 ✭✭
    #1014 January, 2021, 12:24 pm.

I only have two nodes unlocked (the two you need to get mastery). So far only got one red book from the red hogwarts trunks, so the node certainly works.

I think one tends to overestimate the number of trunks you unlock PER FAMILY. I guess the "Oddities" might be a reasonably ok by itself (because one typically trace-charms Flaffies so I tend to get a lot of trunks there), but to get to that you have to tech two other nodes as well.

I don't feel I need red books, so the nodes are pretty pointless for me. That said, I'm at a state where - when I have to decide on what to skill - I have the choice between mostly pointless, gimmicky or decidedly meh nodes, so...

#1117 January, 2021, 09:34 am.

@SwampRatUK yes. I usually get multiple books each day from the skills. I tend to log in often throughout the day and return a lot of higher difficulty foundables, when I see them. I usually ignore most of the low level ones (unless I want to burn energy), since the game is a distraction from work. I also do at least 30 challenges per day, so I place the foundables from those fairly often as well.

I am not saying that that is every day, though. I do get a few days here and there with no books from chests. It is all luck and RNG, as well as events effecting spawns, etc. During the twelve days events, I was getting over 5 Spell Books most days, but during Brilliant Events, I usually drop down to one or two, due to reduced severe and Emergency spawns.