We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
Scheduled POI Server Work - Page 2 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Scheduled POI Server Work

2»

Comments

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 12 #3212 January, 2021, 08:05 am.

If POI sync is fixed, the task/maintenance is over successfully etc, the only thing I can think of is that although fixed, we still need to wait until 'today's midnight reset for new stuff to appear, as would happen with new POIs if POI sync had not been broken for months....otherwise yeah either it failed or someone messed up the time(s).

EDIT: nvm midnight not needed.

Post edited by Drakonite on
  • janhm73janhm73 Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #3312 January, 2021, 08:13 am.

@hpwulola

How did it go.. we aren't really seeing any new POI emerging.

• theimmctheimmc Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited January 12 #3412 January, 2021, 08:16 am.

I restarted after midnight (my time zone is Pacific Time). A new POI (was created in Ingress a few months ago) appeared! It's an inn. The greenhouse near it was unchanged, my shroom is still growing, timer unchanged. Great happiness!

• LobLob Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited January 12 #3512 January, 2021, 08:18 am.

Some of my local inns changed from Bed and Breakfasts to cafès...but I noticed that was before this 10pmservice (not sure exactly how long ago it happened)

Just updated...the missing POI we had is now showing.

• LobLob Posts: 42 ✭✭
    edited January 12 #3612 January, 2021, 08:24 am.

@janhm73

Try it now?

Mine just update a few minutes ago.

I rebooted the game 3 times before it showed up.

It is 4.27pm where I am. It doesn't need a midnight reset.

• WinterDrachenWinterDrachen Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #3712 January, 2021, 08:25 am.

You did it, @hpwulola , everything is ok now, the new POI appeared in the game. The printscreens to compare are here :) I hope they will never get lost again :)

Thank you! Now we're playing!)

#3812 January, 2021, 08:36 am.

I HAZ NEW POIS!!!! (now hoping this wasnt a 1-off :P )

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 825 ✭✭✭✭
    #3912 January, 2021, 09:02 am.

soooo,

anyone have their own "personal" inn/greenhouse/fortress at home?

• SsssturSssstur Posts: 3
    #4012 January, 2021, 09:15 am.

Great to have a lot of new Inns. But no new greenhouses, not even the POI:s that are gyms in Pokemon go. Will we get more greenhouses too?

• TyrandausTravisTyrandausTravis Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited January 12 #4112 January, 2021, 10:05 am.

Thanks for having fixed this long standing issue. I finally have an inn accessible from home whose POI was accepted the day the synch broke again, the wait was long but it's finally here!

@Sssstur Some new POIs actually are greenhouses or fortresses.

It's just random.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 162 ✭✭
    #4212 January, 2021, 10:22 am.

POI has been fixed, if you looking something missing inn/greenhouse/fortress or renew inn, well... this is restaurant turned into pub...

• Hiti1Hiti1 Posts: 44 ✭✭
    #4312 January, 2021, 10:42 am.

new POIs got synced here, thanks!

• brilliantflamesbrilliantflames Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #4412 January, 2021, 01:56 pm.

@hpwulola Is there something else we from the Twin Cities might try? We aren't seeing the return of our missing POIs. So we got nothing old, nothing new....Just nothing...for miles....still.

• CharlyHCD467CharlyHCD467 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #4512 January, 2021, 06:18 pm.

Finally the 7 POI I created in Ingress in my new town are synchronized in HPWU, thanks to the team !

Now please @hpwulola a last thing to make the game almost perfect again (waiting for new Registry Foundables pages): we are still in a semi-lockdown, my apartment is just in the middle of 2 POI and I don't touch any of them for a few meters (a greenhouse and a fortress)...

Could you ask the devs to do the same modification as PokemonGo did some months ago and keeps forever, ie double the interaction area (I think from 40 to 80m) ? It would allow lots of players to interact easier with "home" POI without to go outside just for this, it won't change the global mechanic and need to walk for other parts !

• SsssturSssstur Posts: 3
    #4613 January, 2021, 08:45 am.

Is there a system to when a POI turns into a greenhouse? In Pokemon go there will be an added gym if there are more than 2 pokestops/more than 6 pokestops/more than 20 pokestops to a map-"cell". Is there a similar system for HPWU?

#4713 January, 2021, 10:33 am.

@Sssstur so far it's believed to be random (for all 3 poi types) if there is a 'system' or rule book it has yet to be discovered, but Research is being conducted into the matter.

• Melibird23Melibird23 Posts: 1
    #4815 January, 2021, 12:58 am.

Did this update allow for Wizards to sync regularly for any new future waypoints accepted as it does for Pokémon Go? I hate to have to wait this long for any future waypoints.

• ArabellaArdeliaArabellaArdelia Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #4919 January, 2021, 07:40 pm.

Hi @hpwulola - wanted to provide an update that after the initial sync on the 12th (which, thank you for that, by the way!) I have yet to see anything new sync on subsequent days. As an example, here’s a waypoint a friend of mine got a location edit approved for: I removed his contact info but you can see when it was approved as well as the PoGo screenshot showing the pokestop being slightly to the left of the HPWU inn. Thanks for looking into this!!

• LysaraBlackwoodLysaraBlackwood Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited January 23 #5023 January, 2021, 01:35 pm.

@ArabellaArdelia I also noticed 3 new poi in Ingress & Pokemon Go on Tuesday, which hadn't made it into HPWU when I checked on Thursday. @hpwulola is the sync supposed to be ongoing, or was it a once-off event?

#5123 January, 2021, 01:43 pm.

by lola's reply here: https://community.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/en/discussion/7360/approved-waypoints-and-edits-not-syncing-again#latest I'd say it probs should have been ongoing but it re-bugged after poi sync crashed on the 15th, pogo was fixed but wu's hasnt yet.