We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
Celebrate Snape’s Birthday! - Page 2 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Celebrate Snape’s Birthday!

2»

Comments

• YednaYedna Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #3209 January, 2021, 07:01 pm.

@ElisaWilson Thanks! Didn't realize that. I'm off to play. 😊

• GypsiegurlGypsiegurl Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #3309 January, 2021, 07:34 pm.

Really wish trace detection would bring atleast herbs etc for potions i live somewhere that i have to go down the road to get anything on the map or use trace detection to get anything from home cuz it is in the woods so for whatever reason it doesnt give me anything from home but it would be nice to atleast have something that ups the herbs around you , just sayin

• MsCadaverous107MsCadaverous107 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #3409 January, 2021, 08:04 pm.

Guaranteed fragment Half-Blood Prince’s Copy of Advanced Potion Making, how bout No? I've done at least 3 in Forest Chamber V's in the last couple of hours and the count for that fragment is still sitting exactly where it was before. Jeez!! Fun times.

• BippityBBBippityBB Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #3509 January, 2021, 11:36 pm.

It's 6:30 pm est and I still have absolutely nothing showing up this event. Apparently Niantic forgot to send some of us an invitation to the party 😕

• NeighborlyNeighborly Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #3610 January, 2021, 12:18 am.

Nothing in game to explain or confirm the event. I had a couple of notifications pop up on the phone when closed but still nothing in the game. Badly done.

• LitaEnaLitaEna Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #3710 January, 2021, 12:21 am.

There is nothing posted on the SOS or in the game about this event. I was not even aware of this until an alert came over that the event was ending. Is this a flash or how things will be going from here on since the update?

• RachH25RachH25 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #3810 January, 2021, 12:28 am.

"guaranteed" fragments are not dropping consistently. Will there be any reconciliation for wasted time and resources?

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #3910 January, 2021, 12:59 am.

While it's true that telling something about this event in-game would be fair, just trying helps if one knows about the event. So a frequent look at the announcement is a must if one wants to play most efficiently.

And as there are some things uncertain around the end of the event in one's timezone, these are always the same problems.

One can get used to it and play with it. I tested the guaranteed fragments with a runestone I have plenty of, so I found out how this event is working.

Alas, it's a trial and error and one misses some events before finding out.

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #4010 January, 2021, 01:11 am.

We could put a land-abbreviation behind our names... Then one can see if the event is active for the one who started the countdown for a chamber.

• RlrCoasterQueenRlrCoasterQueen Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #4110 January, 2021, 02:43 am.

Trace Charm used on the Pensive is not giving me a second Pensive confoundable. I only had the second Pensive 1 out of 6 times. I am still getting 2 fragments once I’ve released (or freed) the Pensive.

anyone else having this issue?

#4210 January, 2021, 02:48 am.

The event doesn’t have tasks, and the coy foundables for this event only show up whe TFTD potion is used.

I have not had any issues with the Forest Chamber as some have mentioned, I’m using IOS.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #4310 January, 2021, 04:00 am.

@RlrCoasterQueen I had the same Trace charm issue not giving a second trace on both the Pensieve and Snape. I've also had the same issue with previous Spotlight events - can you pass along to the dev team @hpwulola

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #4410 January, 2021, 04:28 am.

@RlrCoasterQueen @EPHedwig when you use a trace charm on a trace that appeared from a trace tonic it usually doesn't spawn a copy of the original trace.

• NeighborlyNeighborly Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #4510 January, 2021, 02:37 pm.

It’s not so much that there weren’t actual tasks on this event. It’s more that although there were some “coming soon” messages, there was no notice in SOS on event day, no instructions on how things worked, no “start now”..... nothing. So, after seeing a notification on Lock Screen, I would go to the game, check around, play normally for a bit then log off. Rinse and repeat throughout the day. Finally in late afternoon, I check here and that’s when I learn about the traces being key to things. I also see talk about forest chambers, but again, no details so no idea how that worked. Put this one down as about a complete a failure as was possible.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    #4610 January, 2021, 02:48 pm.

The spotlight has a black bulb in it.

Don't bother, save your potions for something worthwhile.

#4710 January, 2021, 05:17 pm.

@MtPollux thank you for the info! I didn’t realize there was a difference in TFTD spawns had a different reaction to the Trace Charm.

UGH! I’ll pass this info along in a different post stream.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    #4811 January, 2021, 03:33 am.

Quite a lame event. Even with TFTD, spawns are still “The Usual Suspects”. Nothing marvelous.

• HalloMamiHalloMami Posts: 48 ✭✭
    #4911 January, 2021, 01:49 pm.

Even though I logged in a couple of times on Saturday I didn't notice that there is an event running (apparently not surprising, it seems). Only found out on Sunday. But ok, doesn't seem like I missed anything...

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    #5011 January, 2021, 07:02 pm.

I did find an enhanced number of adversaries on the ground during Snape's birthday.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,031 admin
    #5111 January, 2021, 07:54 pm.

Thanks for your feedback regarding this event!

We are working on fixing our SOS Newsletter. A big thank you to players who have helped share our messaging and inform fellow players of event details!

• OnemageyOnemagey Posts: 4
    #5211 January, 2021, 10:55 pm.

I'm deeply embarrassed like my fellow community, the snape event never showed for me. I think that is awful others got a chance and some did not simply get a chance.

Android user.

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    #5312 January, 2021, 08:42 am.

TfTD spawned good numbers of the Spotlight Foundables, but getting even 3 or 4 people in Fortress chambers was difficult and time-consuming, and there was no way to tell if a battle was eligible for the event.

---------------

Guaranteed Challenge fragments from the following:

• Sword of Gryffindor - Tower Chamber V
    • Half-Blood Prince’s Copy of Advanced Potion Making - Forest Chamber V
    • -Hogwarts House Cup - Dark Chamber V

---------------

One really important word was missing here: "extra". Letting people know that the listed reward was *in addition to* the usual might have brought more people out to play.

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 96 ✭✭✭
    #5415 January, 2021, 01:53 am.

@Onemagey , it wasn't a set of tasks, it was just a spotlight event with buffs to Fortress rewards and Tonic for Trace Detection spawns. I'm so sorry that you missed out because that wasn't explained clearly.