We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
January Monthly Overview - Protect the Triwizarding Secrets — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

January Monthly Overview - Protect the Triwizarding Secrets

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,030 admin
edited January 19 in Announcements #1 latest comment 10 January, 2021, 02:59 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

A Muggle reporter has uncovered the existence of magic, jeopardizing the International Statute of Secrecy. Help the SOS Task Force and prevent the wizarding world from being exposed!

This January, keep an eye out for the following:

Snape’s Birthday: All day Saturday, January 9 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time

• Surprise your Potions Master and celebrate Snape’s birthday!

Triwizarding Secrets Brilliant Event Part 1: Tuesday, January 12 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, January 19 at 11 a.m. PT

• Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Great Hall including the Goblet of Fire and Mad-Eye Moody’s Eye.

January Adversaries Event: Tuesday, January 19 at 11 a.m. PT–Thursday, January 21 at 11 a.m. PT

• Refine your combat skills and prepare to go against the Ancient Hungarian Horntail.

January Community Day: All day Saturday, January 23 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time

• Search for Platform 9 ¾ and catch the Hogwarts Express as you visit King’s Cross Station.

Triwizarding Secrets Brilliant Event Part 2: Tuesday, January 26 at 11 a.m. PT–Tuesday, February 2 at 11 a.m. PT

• Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Brilliant Prefects’ Bathroom, including Moaning Myrtle and the Marauder’s Map.

To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, these events have been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• GatitoKabonGatitoKabon Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #405 January, 2021, 07:25 pm.

Love this Page for the Comm Day!! Snape Birthday too?? Yes!!

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited January 5 #605 January, 2021, 07:36 pm.

Will the Lethal Adversaries be unleashed for this event? With the Tri-Wizard Tournament, it would make sense to see Barty Crouch Junior! 😀

Post edited by MotherOf2Lions on
  • DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5 #905 January, 2021, 11:27 pm.

there should be no crossover, one ends at 1100 the other one starts 13 hrs later at midnight.

• Dieks77Dieks77 Posts: 37 ✭✭
    edited January 6 #1006 January, 2021, 12:24 am.

@Drakonite It actually does.

The Advisaries event ends at 11:0o am Pacific Time on Friday.

However in Australia/New Zealand that's already well into the Saturday morning, how much depends on the actual timezone as they have multiple. It is about 20-ish hours difference ahead though.

As the Community days start at Midnight Fri-Sat local time there will be an overlap.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 159 ✭✭
    #1106 January, 2021, 02:14 am.

Ancient Hungarian Horntail is impossible to finish out because a big defense, if you want finished we need upgrade up to 4 star (precision and dodge)

Anyway, Prof. Snape birthday 9 January is real too.

• HiveQueenHiveQueen Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #1206 January, 2021, 05:17 pm.

@Yohanes12

I have been able to finish 5 of them so far with the combination of Strong Exstimulo Potion + Wit-Sharpening Potion.

I am a a Auror maxed out and have both 4-star on precision and dodge

edited January 6 #1306 January, 2021, 05:23 pm.

I'm looking forward to the Advisories event. Already have 80x Stong Exstimulo, 35x Potent Exstimulo, and 40x Wit-Sharpening potions and brewing more each day. Last event I was able to prestige both Malfoy & Fenrir to Silver level and farmed over 300 DADA books. I am currently at 1-star against Lethal Adversaries and hope to make it to 3-Star by the end of this event.

Only complaint is that I wish this event was on the weekend and not during the work week.

• MaxProf311JenMaxProf311Jen Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #1407 January, 2021, 04:14 am.

Hopefully the iOS purchasing bug will be fixed before these next sets of events? Especially since we can no longer ask support to send us our complimentary gifts anymore.

Thanks!

#1507 January, 2021, 02:34 pm.

@HiveQueen lethal adversaries is impossible to defeat in solo mode, this is a raid mode so if you want victory make sure bring your friends too.

@MaxProf311Jen this is take a long months to fix bug purchased.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    #1607 January, 2021, 05:33 pm.

@Yohanes12 or anyone else, can you explain what you mean by “raid mode”?

#1708 January, 2021, 02:13 am.

@WitchHiker like a PoGo (raid mode), if you run out time or knocked out allies, you lost final trace lethal. Make sure restocked a healing potion before you play a lethal trace.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1808 January, 2021, 03:42 am.

That's not how lethal adversaries will work. They will still be individual battles like the feared adversaries we've already seen, just more challenging.

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #1908 January, 2021, 09:29 am.

@HiveQueen What capacity is your potions vault?

#2008 January, 2021, 07:43 pm.

@VoiceMaster

Here are my stats:

Day 1 Player (Haven't bought any gold)

Aurorial Lvl 53

Potions: 395

Ingredients: 900

Spell Energy: 445

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #2108 January, 2021, 08:52 pm.

@HiveQueen I have been forced to buy gold on occasion, but it looks like if I had just invested in vaults to begin with, I might have been better off. But man, I don't always have time to pick up spell energy. Rethinking my strategy. Thanks.

I started paying Day 1, too, but it took me a month or so to figure it out. I'm Level 48 Prof.

#2209 January, 2021, 02:41 pm.

@VoiceMaster

I would save up my gold from daily and events and then buy the Vault Extension bundle for 475 gold. It gives you a little better of a deal than buying things separately.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    #2310 January, 2021, 02:59 pm.

Where’s the Snapes birthday event?

it’s not showing up.