iOS Purchasing Issues in Wizards Unite

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,100 admin
edited January 15 in Announcements #1 latest comment 12 March, 2021, 04:43 pm.

Witches and wizards,

We are aware of the in-app purchasing issues impacting our iOS players and are investigating potential fixes. 

In-app support can assist players with requests to trade Gold for in-app items. We are currently experiencing a high-volume of tickets, and we appreciate your patience.

Due to support limitations, our support team cannot assist with adding complimentary items or with purchasing Gold.

We appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this issue. Once we have a fix, we will investigate ways to resurface some of this month’s complimentary event content.

While not guaranteed to work, we have found that the following troubleshooting tips have resolved the in-app purchasing issues for some players:

-Restart the app, complete an Encounter, and attempt the purchase again

-Logging in and out of the Apple Store

-Logging out of your Apple ID account before making a purchase

Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this issue.

Post edited by hpwulola on
Tagged:

Comments

• Bayger91BLMBayger91BLM Posts: 18 ✭✭
    #1623 December, 2020, 04:06 pm.

@Lebro good workaround, but that doesn’t work when you have an apple gift card 😭

• WrightInOgWrightInOg Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1823 December, 2020, 05:03 pm.

I'm curious if this error is focused on one area... I'm in Nebraska... It appears my friends in Florida and New Mexico are not hindered by this issue.

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,100 admin
    #1923 December, 2020, 09:00 pm.

@Lebro That is a great tip, thanks for sharing!

@WrightInOg We are not yet sure about how this issue is impacting different iOS users. I'm in California and I had this bug with my iPhone last week, but this week it seems to work.

We should have more insight on this after the holidays. In the meantime, thank you all for your patience! 💜

• SpahzSpahz Posts: 132 ✭✭
    #2024 December, 2020, 12:15 am.

Update:

My wife is stuck with this problem.

She recently discovered that she could use gold to complete potions.

After expending her gold reserves and logging out-in of the game, was able to accept the event gift from the store.

However, she is still unable to purchase new gold from the store, same error, "unable to complete purchase"

• amandawizardamandawizard Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #2224 December, 2020, 07:54 pm.

thank you for acknowledging the issue and letting us know you’re working on a fix.

in the meantime, one thing that’s worked for me is signing on with an ipad. for some reason i can make purchases there and claim my gifts, even though i’ve had this purchasing issue for several weeks now. hope that helps other folks!

• SpaceAce2019SpaceAce2019 Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #2425 December, 2020, 10:31 pm.

Don’t they test an update before messing up thousands of players playing ability? Seems adolescent and someone needs fired over stupid **** like this.

• JitterbugDanceJitterbugDance Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2526 December, 2020, 06:16 am.

It seems to me it has to be something related to one's settings on the iOS device itself as there are 4 devices in my household with no issue at all. Wonder if there is a way to link some users together to walk through various possible settings to see if the offending one can be identified.

• WizardsglassWizardsglass Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #2827 December, 2020, 05:39 am.

Fix the **** game already this is completely unacceptable

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2927 December, 2020, 06:43 am.

@Wizardsglass Wow... you made an account, just to come on the forums and be vulgar? Grow up already. Your attitude is completely unacceptable.