We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
Challenge Freeloaders — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Challenge Freeloaders

Lunette333Lunette333 Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited December 2020 in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 20 January, 2021, 11:52 pm.

Does anyone find it frustrating when someone tags along in a challenge and will only attack their type opponents regardless of how many must be defeated?

Will Niantic ever have a tracking system for players who do minimal or nothing in a group challenge.

Just a pet peeve of mine. I’d rather loose one of the 1000’s of runestones then give someone a free ride.

#Challenges #KnightBus

#ChallengeFreeloaders

Comments

• FreeeeWillieeeeFreeeeWillieeee Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #219 December, 2020, 07:29 pm.

I agree 100%

If I find I am in with a freeloader I have no problem just letting the clock run out, as you said it is just a stone, I have plenty.

• poggypoopoggypoo Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #319 December, 2020, 11:09 pm.

Pet peeves, I've been seeing it more and more lately, it they grab an the ones my profession is good at and never the ones for their profession for everyone else

• PernicianovowPernicianovow Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #420 December, 2020, 03:25 am.

I concur. Went to level 4 dark chamber for the new Adversary event. Guess who did it all alone with 2 players. Never play with Giraffegiraffe. There should be a a penalty.

• PernicianovowPernicianovow Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #520 December, 2020, 03:25 am.

• HR12900HR12900 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #621 December, 2020, 07:27 pm.

Same!!! 100% on board with everything you’ve said. Definitely needs to be a penalty or an incentive to actually participate.

• SpaceAce2019SpaceAce2019 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #711 January, 2021, 08:28 pm.

It appears a some players have a never lose connection agreement with their isp. Several times I’ve lost connection during a challenge which has had a cpl different effects. The game resets and eventually puts me back in or I’m out until it is finished. Not everyone has control over a free ride as it’s called by the more perfect players with undoubtedly perfect connections.

• Lunette333Lunette333 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited January 19 #819 January, 2021, 10:56 pm.

I was in a challenge and game froze up. I literally did nothing. I felt soooo bad. I did another challenge and did as many does as I could. It’s when I see same players not engage when it’s so frustrating.

• PondripplePondripple Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #920 January, 2021, 06:50 am.

I’ve suggested the following.. . Any other thoughts?

‘We really need a fix for inactive players. I am tired of expensive ‘defeats’ in dark chambers because two players out of five appear to be completely passive. Sometimes it’s bugs in the game, or lack of experience- but sometimes it’s not. We need to reward engagement and just flag - not punish-inactivity. May I suggest the following?

1- ‘nudge’, help’ , and ‘working on it’ buttons/options to communicate with players. 

2- halo around players who have cast spells on foes and team-mates

3- per player foe engaged/defeated count- could just be dots around the player’s icons, perhaps blue for engaged, that turns gold for defeated.

4- bonus points at the end for any kind of activity- whether support or combat

5- in game combat tutorials

Making activity visible and rewarding could really help, as could abuse- free options for simple communication.’

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #1020 January, 2021, 12:23 pm.

Well we just had a lovely magi up in D5 who did everything right, except they didn't fight at all 😂 Last foes were 2 elite spiders, a spider and an erk and I would have been perfectly fine just losing my rune, the potions i used and my time, but i truly get that not everyone are happy to do that and that's fine. So Tswizard, I know you did not glitch, you revived, healed and braveried us, maybe next time fight too...

Then an other kind of experiece, as i did D5 with only 2 other guys for the first time yesterday or day before and it was Perfect! It was APM of course and I think we had 4 or 5 minutes on the clock when we finished and at least for me that was really fun. So there really are a lot of excellent players out there.

• ErlibobinErlibobin Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited January 20 #1120 January, 2021, 11:52 pm.

I dont consider staying in-class as “freeloading”. It’s just self-centric gameplay strategy that in my specific opinion makes me go find other rando’s to play with. At least casting buffs is a non-zero effort too, but same thing I’m not doing it again. The only freeloading that makes me wish I could blacklist another player is jumping into a dark V and doing absolutely zip, no charms, no energy spent, full rewards at the full expense of the other players who had to carry your load! Still - I just remember the player ID and avoid them. Use the forums and find quality friends to seek out in the knight bus. Another wish I have is that if someone joins the group and quits after the fight begins the remaining players should get credit for the extra group mate; since we had to down the fool’s share of the mobs - those dont dissapear automagically like the bonus somehow does.