Challenge Freeloaders

Lunette333Lunette333 Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited December 2020 in Tips & Tricks #1 latest comment 04 September, 2021, 07:56 pm.

Does anyone find it frustrating when someone tags along in a challenge and will only attack their type opponents regardless of how many must be defeated?

Will Niantic ever have a tracking system for players who do minimal or nothing in a group challenge.

Just a pet peeve of mine. I’d rather loose one of the 1000’s of runestones then give someone a free ride.

#Challenges #KnightBus

#ChallengeFreeloaders

Comments

• FreeeeWillieeeeFreeeeWillieeee Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #219 December, 2020, 07:29 pm.

I agree 100%

If I find I am in with a freeloader I have no problem just letting the clock run out, as you said it is just a stone, I have plenty.

• poggypoopoggypoo Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #319 December, 2020, 11:09 pm.

Pet peeves, I've been seeing it more and more lately, it they grab an the ones my profession is good at and never the ones for their profession for everyone else

• PernicianovowPernicianovow Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #420 December, 2020, 03:25 am.

I concur. Went to level 4 dark chamber for the new Adversary event. Guess who did it all alone with 2 players. Never play with Giraffegiraffe. There should be a a penalty.

• PernicianovowPernicianovow Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #520 December, 2020, 03:25 am.

• HR12900HR12900 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #621 December, 2020, 07:27 pm.

Same!!! 100% on board with everything you’ve said. Definitely needs to be a penalty or an incentive to actually participate.

• Lunette333Lunette333 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited January 19 #819 January, 2021, 10:56 pm.

I was in a challenge and game froze up. I literally did nothing. I felt soooo bad. I did another challenge and did as many does as I could. It’s when I see same players not engage when it’s so frustrating.

• PondripplePondripple Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #920 January, 2021, 06:50 am.

I’ve suggested the following.. . Any other thoughts?

‘We really need a fix for inactive players. I am tired of expensive ‘defeats’ in dark chambers because two players out of five appear to be completely passive. Sometimes it’s bugs in the game, or lack of experience- but sometimes it’s not. We need to reward engagement and just flag - not punish-inactivity. May I suggest the following?

1- ‘nudge’, help’ , and ‘working on it’ buttons/options to communicate with players. 

2- halo around players who have cast spells on foes and team-mates

3- per player foe engaged/defeated count- could just be dots around the player’s icons, perhaps blue for engaged, that turns gold for defeated.

4- bonus points at the end for any kind of activity- whether support or combat

5- in game combat tutorials

Making activity visible and rewarding could really help, as could abuse- free options for simple communication.’

• OdetshkiOdetshki Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #1020 January, 2021, 12:23 pm.

Well we just had a lovely magi up in D5 who did everything right, except they didn't fight at all 😂 Last foes were 2 elite spiders, a spider and an erk and I would have been perfectly fine just losing my rune, the potions i used and my time, but i truly get that not everyone are happy to do that and that's fine. So Tswizard, I know you did not glitch, you revived, healed and braveried us, maybe next time fight too...

Then an other kind of experiece, as i did D5 with only 2 other guys for the first time yesterday or day before and it was Perfect! It was APM of course and I think we had 4 or 5 minutes on the clock when we finished and at least for me that was really fun. So there really are a lot of excellent players out there.

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    #1325 August, 2021, 05:29 pm.

@Pondripple — I like your suggestions! I don’t see folks as freeloaders and I don’t think people should be punished (this is a game after all). That said: as a Magizoo who fights all foes as needed, I have spent sooooo many Invigoration Draughts on Dark V battles with other players who go entirely passive and need me to keep bolstering their stamina. I get that sometimes people might run into connectivity issues, but sometimes I really think it’s also players who just don’t take into account (or care?) that their approach to the game comes at a cost for others. I don’t think Niantic should track everyone’s gameplay habits, but some form of accountability — like a reward system or such for team-minded gameplay (especially in Knight Bus fortress battles) — sure would be good! I’m a team-minded player and if needed I will spend every potion I have to support my fellow players. So I’d like to know that the players I’m supporting are also acting in good faith. So again, @Pondripple, thanks for your suggestions, it’d be interesting to see if something like them could be worked in!

• DjeaDjea Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    #1425 August, 2021, 06:21 pm.

@Expelliarma7 I don't think that you lose stamina if you are passive. If you keep bolstering their stamina, they must have fought when you are not looking. They are probably just slower than you.

I do wish that we would have voice chat in fortress challenges so we know how to help each other out. Otherwise, we just have to keep doing our best.

• Expelliarma7Expelliarma7 Posts: 158 ✭✭✭
    #1525 August, 2021, 06:39 pm.

@Djea Thanks for your reply! I hear you, but what I mean by “passive” is they go into a match with a foe in the chamber battle, but then appear to do nothing but let themselves get beat up (therefore needing their stamina bolstered). I wish I could say I’m imagining things, but this has happened so many times, I have no other explanation. And I don’t mean they’re just struggling with a foe that’s too strong for them… I mean they really just seem to get in there and then stop doing anything. And these are players with high ability scores…

I also wish there were some way to communicate in Knight Bus Fortress battles… but I also understand that would be a complex thing to offer, especially given the current gameplay issues that still need to be worked out…

• DjeaDjea Posts: 309 ✭✭✭
    #1625 August, 2021, 08:05 pm.

I'm hoping that once they start getting enough revenue from ads that they will hire more people to program the"stuffs" that we need and fixed.

• Kiyone57Kiyone57 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    #1725 August, 2021, 08:44 pm.

I have an issue with a "defeated" count. I've often ended up having to take on foes that are "weaknesses" for my profession because that's what the game tosses in. One shouldn't be "dinged" because they've taken on a foe that's a weakness. It's either take them on or sit back and look like one of the dreaded freeloaders.

There does need to be some sort of a flag for those who are having server issues. I've recently had too many Knight Bus battles where the game has frozen and/or kicked me out. Getting kicked out is what's driving me closer and closer to walking away from HPWU altogether.

• Keebler16Keebler16 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #1831 August, 2021, 10:56 pm.

Even worse when they sit back and basically fight nothing. I actually wish there was a way to network with challenge team members so you could plan to battle together in Hogwarts castle with the good ones in the future.

• JosieBellerJosieBeller Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #1904 September, 2021, 07:56 pm.

I've had enough dropped connections myself that I tend to give others the benefit of the doubt if they seem frozen.

As for taking on opponents out-of-class, if it's a flood of your class, try taking on the toughest opponents and leaving the lower levels to those who are weak against them. It's very frustrating to see a bunch of red arrows, and the lower level ones I might be able to make progress against are all engaged by people they're weak to, leaving me with nothing but five-star Elite with red arrows! That is one time I probably would just sit by and wait, healing and hoping something I have a chance against pops up and I can snag the four-star Death Eater before the Auror jumps on it instead of the four five-star Elite Dark Wizards they should be tackling….

I do wonder how you even think you know someone else is "freeloading" if you're fighting your fair share — you weren't there to see what popped up or who fought and finished something off while you were out of the lobby fighting your own foes. I tend to come out of a fight, heal myself and/or others as needed, and if there's nothing in my field but someone is about to finish their fight I'll pause long enough to see what new opponent pops up when they finish, in case it is in my field, or at least something I'm not weak to. If you're that person finishing the fight, what would you see? Me, at full hits (because I just healed myself), not fighting anyone at that moment (because I wanted to see what pops up as you finished).