We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
December Brilliant Event – Part 2 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

December Brilliant Event – Part 2

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,030 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 03 January, 2021, 07:11 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Moving Staircases II during Part 2 of the Dumbledore’s Army Brilliant Event, starting Tuesday, December 22 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Mrs. Norris - Wizarding Challenges
  • Grey Lady - Brilliant Portkey
  • Nearly Headless Nick - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Rowena Ravenclaw Portrait - Encounter
  • Brilliant Godric Gryffindor Portrait - Encounter

Brilliant Portkeys for this event will introduce two new environments: the Gryffindor and Ravenclaw Common Rooms! 

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• BalthazarHuffsBalthazarHuffs Posts: 38 ✭✭✭
    #217 December, 2020, 09:50 pm.

Nice! I'm really looking forward to see a good quantity of BRILLIANT Traces when using the Tonic for Trace Detector. I can't wait to see what the story brings...

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #418 December, 2020, 12:53 am.

I wonder how the adversaries are going to be addressed in the storyline during both the adversaries event coming up and part two of the Brilliant event.

This’ll be interesting. 🧐

• HalfBloodShunHalfBloodShun Posts: 21 ✭✭
    edited December 2020 #622 December, 2020, 07:22 pm.

The brilliant traces for this event are not showing up as purple. They look like regular Hogwarts School traces with orange beams.

Post edited by HalfBloodShun on
  • RachH25RachH25 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #722 December, 2020, 07:35 pm.

@HalfBloodShun I was seeing that too, but mine just fixed itself when I restarted the app.

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    #822 December, 2020, 08:02 pm.

Anything from Orange Wizard on the tasks?

• LeeshasweeshaLeeshasweesha Posts: 1
    #922 December, 2020, 09:40 pm.

Hi friends!

If anyone is looking to add more friends my sister and I are looking for some new friends to send gifts to.

I am Leeshasweesha with friend code 6992 5541 7187 and my sister is Devoodle with friend code

9454 2422 9642. Happy Christmas!

• MorethansiriusMorethansirius Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1022 December, 2020, 10:02 pm.

I’ve had a lot of friends playing less during the holidays so if anyone wants to friend me I have bunches of gifts to give away!

3996 4461 5912

• HannabethHannabeth Posts: 3
    #1123 December, 2020, 01:36 am.

Is anyone else having issues making any purchase. even if its the complimentary gifts?

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    #1223 December, 2020, 04:40 pm.

I love the Ravenclaw Common Room. Thanks for letting us in for a peep.

I'm glad to see Dark Marks showing up through the brilliant event. I am also pleased with DADA books being more plentiful. I'm checking out the SOS classes again.

• K1rb1nat0rPuffK1rb1nat0rPuff Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited December 2020 #1323 December, 2020, 04:41 pm.

I was super excited for the event but then, Adventure Sync stopped working on my iPhone. I can't unlock any portmanteaus and I'm not going to get the extra coins for completing daily tasks since the app won't register my distance. Apple Health said I walked over 10,000 steps yesterday and at one point when I logged on to PoGo yesterday it said I'd walked over 6KM; however, HPWU has only given me credit for .5KM since Monday night. I have had more issues with the latest update than I've had the entire time I've been playing (so since July 2019).

• HalfBloodShunHalfBloodShun Posts: 21 ✭✭
    #1423 December, 2020, 05:21 pm.

@KLC5048 There is ALWAYS something from Orange Wizard. https://www.facebook.com/OrangeWizard2019

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #1523 December, 2020, 05:49 pm.

@K1rb1nat0rPuff you don't have to unlock any portkeys if you complete the bonus assignment - the 6 fragments you need are rewards if you complete that. May be harder to complete for sure but is doable.

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1624 December, 2020, 09:26 am.

I missed the last text from the opening conversation of this event.

And does the cat (don't know her English name) not have a story when one places the first image?

• SwampRatUKSwampRatUK Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #1725 December, 2020, 08:39 pm.

@Bellefleurtjah I had the same - I also thought the note fragment text seemed odd (the first text at five fragments came up with Constance and Hermione giving the same lines, the second text at 10/15 takes about the conclusion now the note was complete) - I wasn't sure if it was just me, but I'd like to know if I missed anything

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    #1825 December, 2020, 11:04 pm.

I thought the last line of their "shared bubbl e" speech supposed to be hermiones?

• SwampRatUKSwampRatUK Posts: 36 ✭✭
    #1926 December, 2020, 08:41 am.

@Kodokmag - it seemed to be missing a 'I wonder if we'll be told something' as it went straight into (for me at least) the 'I expect we will be told something but will it be truthful' line (twice) so to me didn't make sense as a conversation, unless I misremembered or something went awry

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #2026 December, 2020, 11:37 pm.

I'm just gonna put this out there. The Hufflepuff common room looked like a 1970s Holiday Inn. And the Ravenclaw common room is just plain boring. Even the bookcases don't add pizzaz. There should be bookcases all over the room, of varying sizes. And telescopes and abaci and reading nooks and musical instruments. Don't tell me there aren't classical pianists among Ravenclaws.

• MollieWeezlyMollieWeezly Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2127 December, 2020, 04:11 pm.

Can someone help me (again) tell what the Grey Lady portmanteaus look like? I’ve got oodles of NHN and 0/3 on the GL.

• CmdsdCmdsd Posts: 27 ✭✭
    #2227 December, 2020, 04:16 pm.

@MollieWeezly I think the Grey Lady ones are silver/grey. They don’t look like the ‘brilliant’ purple ones.

• Sac2uneakSac2uneak Posts: 1
    #2327 December, 2020, 10:36 pm.

Have not received a single event reward using the event runes from this week's challenges. And today was the first day I actually found some brilliant portkeys. Instead, I'm finding a lot of gray 1K port keys. This is beyond frustrating. What's going on with your game? And what are your plans to correct it?

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    #2427 December, 2020, 11:37 pm.

@Sac2uneak As in the first part of this event in this second part there also are two different kinds of brilliant Portmanteaus: the usual glowing purple ones and the silver-greyish ones. You need both if you want to place all images on the frame.

Another way to get the two images of the ghosts is finishing the bonus assignment. They're part of the reward.

• MollieWeezlyMollieWeezly Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2528 December, 2020, 03:50 am.

I’m hoping I’ve figured it out. 🤞👍

• DjeaDjea Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #2628 December, 2020, 05:34 am.

Thank you very much for this brilliant event. Everything went smoothly.

Thank you for the Feared Adversaries traces being available once a day. I loved earning a DADA book per day. Yesterday and today, I got a Wit-Sharpening Potion gift from fortress challenges. I hope this continues. My friend looks forward to getting more Wit-Sharpening Potion gifts before the next Adversaries Event. I just wished this was working when I needed it to during the Adversaries Event since I was fighting fortress challenges a lot more then. I still do a lot of fortress challenges but not as much since I wish to build up my spell energy to the fullest.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 126 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3 #2703 January, 2021, 07:11 pm.

I just need to post that I finally finished my "plant 500 seeds in greenhouses" SOS assignment. Never again.