Introducing New Adversaries Events

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,100 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 25 February, 2021, 02:36 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Adversaries have arrived in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and it is up to you to face them and protect the wizarding world! Ready your wands and prepare to engage in magical combat in the all-new Adversaries Events.

Adversaries Events are 72-hour long events for witches and wizards Level 15 and above where we introduce infamous villains. These events will replace Wizarding Weekends and will provide exciting villains, new challenges and rewards each time. During Adversaries Events, Adversaries will appear more frequently, centering around the featured Adversary of that event. While Feared Adversaries can be encountered on the map at any time, Lethal Adversaries can only be found during a Lethal Adversaries Event.

The Adversaries update introduces a new consumable item: the Edible Dark Mark. The Edible Dark Mark works similarly to a Tonic for Trace Detection and will allow you to spawn Feared Adversaries, and Lethal Adversaries once they have been introduced, on the map, should you invite the challenge.

Feared and Lethal Adversaries are both more challenging than current existing forms of gameplay, such as Oddities and Wizarding Challenges. To stand a fighting chance against the more powerful Adversaries, you’ll need to make sure you’ve properly invested in your Combat Profession. A new Lesson Plan is made available to you with Adversaries. In order to be able to defeat both Feared and Lethal Adversaries, you’ll want to master some of these new skills first. Prepare in advance by stocking up on Exstimulo, Healing, and Wit-Sharpening Potions. Stacking the Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions together will provide an advantage when facing Adversaries! We are also introducing new Wit-Sharpening Potion Gifts, which can be found in Greenhouses or rewarded from Wizarding Challenges.

Do you have the skills and magical experience to face these powerful Adversaries? The first Adversaries Event is starting on December 18 at 11 a.m. PT and will feature Fenrir Greyback and Draco Malfoy. Keep an eye out for:

• Increased sightings of Draco Malfoy and Fenrir Greyback Adversaries
  • Increased spawns of Wit-Sharpening Potion ingredients, such as Armadillo Bile, Ginger Root, Ground Scarab Beetles and Newt Spleen
  • Master Notes will reduce all variants of Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions brew time by 50%

Our first Adversaries Event will provide players a complimentary store pack which will include an Edible Dark Mark and other items to help prepare for Adversaries combat. 

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 966 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 #215 December, 2020, 09:13 pm.

yay, its free spawns. red books need lots of them now

is there detailed tasks like other events?

• FlorenceFidgetFlorenceFidget Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #515 December, 2020, 09:42 pm.

will TfTD ever spawn adversaries? I live in a zero-spawn area, and with the cost of EDMs, I’m never going to complete these tasks.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭✭
    #615 December, 2020, 09:44 pm.

no trace tonics arent supposed to spawn advers. I think.

#715 December, 2020, 09:50 pm.
    #815 December, 2020, 09:50 pm.

@Cmdsd they are very common when i harvest greenhouses and today for the 1st time I got some through wizarding challenges (forts) along with rune gifts.

my guess is that to do the event's 35 challenge foes you'll get some wit sharps if you dont GH-harvest them before.

• CmdsdCmdsd Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #915 December, 2020, 09:57 pm.

@Drakonite thanks. Hopefully I’ll be able to find some during the event. Like you say, I may be lucky with the challenges even if the greenhouses don’t work out

#1015 December, 2020, 10:33 pm.

looks like the hardest part is finding the potion? 🤔

• Kwester123Kwester123 Posts: 1
    #1115 December, 2020, 10:51 pm.

2 times in a row, it “loses connection” while battling the werewolf. Is this a known issue?

• Strider86Strider86 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #1216 December, 2020, 06:07 pm.

Yes it is a common issue, the encounters are simply booting people out. I hope it will be fixed for an event that people will be investing time into completing.

• DIMorseDIMorse Posts: 25 ✭✭
    #1316 December, 2020, 10:01 pm.

Will Trace charms work on adversaries?

• HannagerHannager Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #1417 December, 2020, 01:06 pm.

Is it right that the amount of damage I inflict to adversaries is low? Low like it was before completing my first profession skills tree. I'm a maxed out professor (for the first skills lessons) and usually inflict 96 damage on a standard hit. It's now 60 something and very infuriating 😑

• NikrulNikrul Posts: 39 ✭✭
    #1617 December, 2020, 03:53 pm.

16 adversaries so far ans still no "loses connexion" fingers crossed.

Note that, even outside of the event, Draco seems much more frequent than any of the others (6 Draco on 16 for me adversaries so far) If this keep up I will prestige him before the event even start ^^

Please note because I've almost missed i : In the new adversarial combat the first two branches (dodge and precision) only give bonus against FEARED adversaries and not lethal. The last branch only give bonus against lethal adversaries.

I highly recommand you do not spend your precious spellbook on dodge at all (I always gain too much healing potion anyway). Precision against adversaries is the must and if you do only one branch of the adversarial combat you will have acces much faster to the part that give bonus against Lethal adversaries.

On a side note I had an adversary appear while a casted a trace charm on a horned snake. It might be a coincidence and he appeared at the same time but that was still welcome anyway (it did not give extra fragment unfortunatly ^^)

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 40 ✭✭✭
    #1717 December, 2020, 04:10 pm.

@hpwulola I have no in game news or announcements. How is the average player that doesn't frequent these forums on a near daily basis supposed to find out about these events?

• ProfSlitherusProfSlitherus Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1817 December, 2020, 07:33 pm.

@hpwulola

Wishes:

Do not understand why we can't change profession before an Adversaries fight. If we can't change profession what is the purpose to have more when one profession?

If this is as intended, it would be great to have a small icon on your avatar in the lower left corner to see what profession you have at the moment so that you do not rush into a fight with a not so fully developed Auror ...

I love gold gift, and it would be great with a red dot on the friend icon that warns when you have 30 gifts

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,100 admin
    #1918 December, 2020, 08:05 pm.

@enTrained Unfortunately, our SOS Newsletter is down. Please let your fellow players know to check the forum, social media, or posts from our WuTuber friends to keep up to date as we work to resolve this.

• Lifeafter9to5Lifeafter9to5 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2018 December, 2020, 08:13 pm.

I used the adversary trace right after the even started and after one trace showed up, it continuously crashed and I wasted over 20 minutes. When there was 5 minutes left, the app seem to be working again and I was able to get another trace to show up. What can I do about my wasted adversary trace?

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2118 December, 2020, 09:37 pm.

Finally, just finished with the event tasks:

#2218 December, 2020, 10:04 pm.

Just realized i could "overwrite/replace" extimulo potion currently active with a stronger one. Is it had been implemented for long?

• Antique100Antique100 Posts: 43 ✭✭
    #2519 December, 2020, 02:54 am.

@Nikrul

"I highly recommand you do not spend your precious spellbook on dodge at all..."

I've completed the 5 lessons for Precision against Feared Adversaries, but I cannot get at the Lethal Accuracy lessons unless I also complete the 5 Dodge lessons for Feared.

It appears that the Lethal chain isn't available until both the Prescision and Dodge are completed for Feared.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 #2619 December, 2020, 10:17 am.

I love the Adversaries Event so far. I managed to get one Adversary Trace while using a Tonic for Trace Detection. I also managed to get 2 Adversary Traces without using anything (which is amazing because the home where I am staying at the moment hardly has any trace popping up). I got a couple more Adversary Traces on my way to the inns close by. And I got 3 Adversary Traces while using the Edible Dark Mark. It is fun completing the combats in each of these traces, and I loved getting the DADA books as rewards.

The only downside to this event might be my inability to get any Wit-Sharpening Potion gift from wizarding challenges. Is there any particular fortress level where I have to fight in order to win the Wit-Sharpening Potion gift? I have completed the foe requirement but I am willing to do more fortress challenges in order to complete the special assignment.

It is unfortunate that the greenhouse in this area is too far for me to walk to. I am trying to get someone to drive me to the mall where I know that there is a greenhouse.

Please do not remove the Wizarding Weekends. I love getting more Ministry Manuals for the SOS Training. How about replacing the Community Day instead?

For those of you who keeps on getting booted out of challenges, I experience the same thing when I run out of gigabytes for the month on my phone, or if a lot of people are using the wifi (which happens a lot since most people are working from home).

Thank you very much for all your hard work to keep us entertained. After the pandemic is over, how about introducing a special portkey portmanteau (20 k?) where we can earn an Edible Dark Mark?

Post edited by Djea on
  • SASNIXSASNIX Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #2719 December, 2020, 10:21 am.

Super frustrating I keep getting booted out of the challenges midway through, server error etc and on reboot all the foes have gone. What are you doing Niantic?

• CassasauresrexCassasauresrex Posts: 41 ✭✭
    #2819 December, 2020, 11:48 am.

I was really hoping the “failed purchase” bug would have been fixed before the event. I still can’t buy anything, and on top of that it won’t even let me claim the adversary gift pack. So, no gold potion cauldron, no dark marks, no keys. ☹️

• RaidenglRaidengl Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #2919 December, 2020, 05:44 pm.

Where all can the wit sharpening gifts be found? No luck at green houses yet.