We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
More Event Experiments: TfTD and Knight Bus Spotlight Events — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

More Event Experiments: TfTD and Knight Bus Spotlight Events

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,030 admin
edited December 2020 in Announcements #1 latest comment 06 January, 2021, 05:50 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Get ready for the holidays as you take a trip to the Burrow and enjoy a very Weasley Christmas! We  are continuing to experiment with some new ways to improve the gameplay experience, so we are excited to announce two more events we’re testing next week, another Tonic for Trace Detection Spotlight Event and a Knight Bus Spotlight Event!

Tonic for Trace Detection Spotlight Event

Tuesday, December 15 from 5:00 p.m.–11:59 p.m. local time

During this time, Tonic for Trace Detection will be more likely to reveal the following Foundables: 

• Arthur Weasley
  • Fred Weasley
  • George Weasley
  • Quidditch Keeper Ron
  • Young Ginny Weasley

Knight Bus Spotlight Event

Wednesday, December 16 from 5:00 p.m.–11:59 p.m. local time

During this time, specific Fortress chambers in the Knight Bus will be more likely to reward the following Challenge fragment from successfully won Wizarding Challenges:

• Extendable Ears from Tower Chamber V
  • U-No-Po o from Forest Chamber V
  • Skiving Snackbox from Dark Chamber V

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team

Tagged:

Comments

• RunningJockRunningJock Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #612 December, 2020, 03:12 am.

The timing of this event is odd to me.

If the strongest and worst were to come out, then why would it be during Christmas and not Halloween for a holiday? 🎃

• VoiceMasterVoiceMaster Posts: 93 ✭✭✭
    #712 December, 2020, 07:06 am.

Oy, the comments! Thanks for this. Looking forward to it.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    #812 December, 2020, 02:05 pm.

whoever had the idea for the rewards of Dark 5 has never played the game once and should not be designing it, Wed. night will be a KB-less day, what utterly horrible, useless rewards/event....and yet again w/o DADA/rsb rewards....utterly useless.

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #912 December, 2020, 02:21 pm.

I like a great opportunity for those who have started recently. 😊

#1212 December, 2020, 10:29 pm.

@WitchHiker the other 2 are exactly the same, same requirements to unlock nodes, same names. I'm not -therefore- sure if its 1 plan per profession or 1 adversary plan shared to all 3 professions b/c it's 'you' as a wizard learning it, not you as a prof/magiz/aur.

So tdlr;

1. 1 plan per profession, so 3k total dada, 600x3 total red books, 3k x3 scrolls and 14x3 rsbs or:
    2. 1 plan for all 3 professions that'll apply only to adversaries, applying the unlocked bonuses/nodes to each wizard's profession. So, if youre an auror you get auror accuracy + 50%, if youre a magiz, magiz accuracy +50% and so on.

But even with 2, even more so with 1....the dada numbers are beyond ludicrous I agree.

edited December 2020 #1312 December, 2020, 10:33 pm.

and it's not 1050 dada, its 1150, 75+75+100+150+200+250+300 (75x2 is at the last 2 nodes before the fork 'unifies' after the rsb nodes, if im not mistaken.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited December 2020 #1412 December, 2020, 11:33 pm.

I love the trace spotlight event. May we have a "name your own fragment reward" for the Forest Chamber IV and above for future fortress spotlight event?

#1713 December, 2020, 04:40 pm.

@D1ZZLE777 I loathe and hate trace tonics from the bottom of my heart and to the core of my being, I only do them when a task requires them to be done and even then I only place them and ignore them or close the app if there's no more tasks after (like in CD etc). They are (ttds) by far the most boring aspect of the game for me.

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #1813 December, 2020, 10:31 pm.

I think these are pretty cool for players earlier in the game. As someone who is more advanced, they are of little value for the effort.

Something that might be interesting to try is a Dark Detector event. Maybe focus on a few rare foundables based on the number of DD placed at an Inn. Place three and you get a guaranteed red flare in each of the three 10 minute increments. I'm in desperate need of Swooping Evil, for example. It would really help advanced players who could get more MOM using DD and Trace Charm.

Yes, this might be difficult for those who are limited in movement right now, but maybe there is a way to make it work out?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    #1914 December, 2020, 08:43 am.

i vote for wand page fragments. especially those trio main character wands, LoL

• KzkynKanutoKzkynKanuto Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2014 December, 2020, 01:36 pm.

Buenas

*El cambio de horario me parece excelente

*El evento del tracecharm está bien, le agregaría algún recuperable de los de nivel emergencia

*El autobús... En ese hay que seguir experimentando, las recompensas son bastante pobres y no incentivan a meterse..

Un incentivo podría ser más xp

• BalthazarHuffsBalthazarHuffs Posts: 38 ✭✭✭
    #2114 December, 2020, 06:47 pm.

Good idea on changing the schedule for the events.

BUT

Who said that it would be a good idea to have fortress foundables guaranteed for an spotlight event?

• Extendable Ears from Tower Chamber V
    • U-No-Po o from Forest Chamber V

Those can be obtained easily by playing the chambers outside an event.

Or is there a change? Those are not gonna be guaranteed foundables?

So, nothing is guaranteed in the game anymore? We are actually playing by sport?

I mean, we really need to get some feedback about this....

New ideas are great, execution is TERRIBLE

have a little decency to clear the air, please.

@hpwulola @HPWUrobert

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #2215 December, 2020, 01:54 am.

Very nice idea, this event. A lot of traces.

Only, I've seen just Fred. Once.

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #2316 December, 2020, 02:03 am.

I see a lot of complaints here, so am I the only one that's enjoying the TTD event?? With a bit of fortress work beforehand, I was just able to presige my Courtroom Ten page to gold with all the Arthur Weasley traces! I also like that the only effort I have to put in is what I need, no more. Honestly, I can't complain at all!

• Horcrux42Horcrux42 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2516 December, 2020, 12:41 pm.

So the TFTD event was great. I really liked the timing of the event. The traces from the tonic were good and having a few higher level foundables in there helped me to get ministry manuals. Great work on that and I hope there are more of these spotlight events to come at least with Tonic for Trace Detection.

#2616 December, 2020, 08:34 pm.

@hpwulola the event (KB) is not working as advertised. Event's started for me, I am 1st in lobby then others (im assuming from other timezones) enter the lobby and we join and fight. In both Forest 5 and Dark 5 I've had 3 + 5 instances where I did not get the advertised challenge fragment which is supposed to be guaranteed. I dont care abt joke products, but others might.

• RoarianRoarian Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2716 December, 2020, 10:02 pm.

Knight Bus Event ia s misunderstanding. There are nobody to play . I tried 3 times Towers V and nobody, later I tried 3 times Dark V and nobody, more people play in Dark V when is task ,,do your highest chamber ".

We should encourage more players to do Challenges in the Event time.

Solutions

• Spell Energy also from Spotlight Events, maybe free costs of Energy ?
    • More Challenge XP, Wizards XP
    • Random Books ( 10-15% chance ) after winning with 4 teammates.
    • Mark that first player have bonus.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #2816 December, 2020, 10:46 pm.

With the SOS report still broken, I completely forget about these.

#2916 December, 2020, 11:02 pm.

@Roarian they do the highest chamber b/c it is attached to restricted/dada books aka rewards. Spotlight 'events' have no rewards, and as proven are bugged, both ttd and KB ones. No reason for ppl to do them.

• RachH25RachH25 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    #3017 December, 2020, 01:36 am.

@MotherOf2Lions same! And I didn't even get in-game notifications. I got push notifications on my phone. Unfortunately I didn't have any TTD available when I got the notification and didn't have enough time to brew one & decided this event wasn't worth spending money on, but I would have liked to participate.

• RachH25RachH25 Posts: 29 ✭✭
    edited December 2020 #3117 December, 2020, 01:37 am.

Is it part of the event that we get less challenge XP than normal?? I normally always get 2400 from completing dark chamber 5 with a team of 5 & level 5 runestone.

(For some reason I couldn't get the photos to load except to put them in attachments)