We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
Duel The Most Iconic Villains and Foes of the Wizarding World — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Duel The Most Iconic Villains and Foes of the Wizarding World

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,030 admin
edited December 2020 in Announcements #1 latest comment 18 December, 2020, 02:24 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Something wicked this way comes as Dark wizards and villains descend upon Harry Potter: Wizards Unite. Ready your wands and prepare to duel some of the most iconic foes of the wizarding world in a new kind of magical combat, coming soon.

“Adversaries” are a new type of encounter where you face off in battle against a chain of increasingly difficult foes. If you’re successful in battling your way to the final opponent, you’ll find yourself pitted against some of the most fearsome villains and creatures known to the wizarding world – Slytherin’s Basilisk, Fenrir Greyback, Draco Malfoy, Bellatrix Lestrange and others have all been rumored to be amongst their ranks. Knowing the company these nefarious characters keep, whispers have circulated of a possible sighting of a certain Dark wizard whose name we dare not speak. 

If you’re confident in your combat skills and are ready to dive into the fray, you can find Adversaries on the Map or during brand-new Adversaries Events. When you see the Adversaries icon, inspired by the Dark Mark, on the Map, simply tap on it to enter into battle, but make sure you’re ready before engaging in combat. Adversary battles aren’t for the faint of heart; while you regain health after defeating each opponent, if you lose at any point during the string of battles, or choose to exit during a fight, the chain is broken and the entire encounter is over.

As you defeat individual villains as part of the chain of battles, you’ll receive incremental rewards, culminating in a large cluster of rewards if you’re successful in finishing off the final Adversary. These rewards include Wizarding XP, Challenge XP, a chance at Defense Against the Dark Arts Books and more. Adversaries and their enemy attendants drop Fragments of Adversary Objects when defeated. These Fragments are listed on the new Adversaries Registry Pages in the Challenges section of the Registry. Placing these Objects in the Registry also grants you rewards such as Challenge XP and Defense Against the Dark Arts Books. 

Adversaries fall into two classes: Feared and Lethal

• Feared Adversaries can occur randomly on the Map or during Adversaries Events and include Foes such as Peter Pettigrew and Draco Malfoy, which have fewer, less-difficult enemies to defeat before reaching them. Feared Adversaries are indicated by an Adversaries trace marker; these Adversaries, while more common, are not to be taken lightly. 
  • Lethal Adversaries include the likes of Dolores Umbridge and Bellatrix Lestrange and have a greater number of more challenging enemies to defeat before reaching them. Lethal Adversaries are indicated by a more intricate Adversaries trace marker and are truly some of the most terrifying and powerful opponents you can encounter. Unlike Feared Adversaries, Lethal Adversaries can only initially be encountered during certain, special monthly Adversaries Events. Although the challenge may be enticing, Lethal Adversaries will not be immediately available, and will gradually be introduced into the game, with later events introducing stronger, more formidable villains. 

A new consumable item, the Edible Dark Mark, will allow you to spawn Feared Adversaries, and Lethal Adversaries once they have been introduced, on the map, should you invite the challenge.

To stand a fighting chance against the more powerful Adversaries, you’ll need to reach Level 15 and make sure you’ve properly invested in your Combat Profession. After completing any single Profession tree, a new Lesson Plan will be made available to you. In order to be able to defeat both Feared and Lethal Adversaries, you’ll want to master some of these new skills first. In addition to honing your combat abilities, you’ll want to strategically utilize a variety of Potions and develop your Potion skills in SOS Training as well. Healing Potions, Exstimulo Potions and Wit-Sharpening Potions can all be used to give you an edge in combat against Adversaries, especially with Exstimulo and Wit-Sharpening Potions stacked together. You’ll need every boost you can get to face these fearsome opponents and prevail to tell the tale!  

Do you think you have what it takes to take on these all-powerful antagonists? The arrival of Adversaries in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is imminent, so stay tuned for the latest updates!  

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• Klc5048Klc5048 Posts: 159 ✭✭✭
    #308 December, 2020, 04:22 pm.

First, I love that your algorithm censored your own post.

Second, WHEN IS THIS LIVE?! SO EXCITED!!

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    #408 December, 2020, 04:29 pm.

bummed I just maxed out a second profession but STILL exciting! hopefully their idea of soon and ours are the same😂

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #508 December, 2020, 04:45 pm.

So... unless the new lesson plans add to Professor damage, Professors are going to be at a major disadvantage for the new duels.

#608 December, 2020, 04:48 pm.

Also... why is L eth al blocked!?

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #808 December, 2020, 05:29 pm.

This looks very exciting! My only concern is that professors will not have access to our focus powers, which are a big part of our first tree. Not being able to buff ourselves or hex our opponent will put us at a distinct disadvantage. The UI looks a lot like the Oddity world combat, where we don't have access to 3 skills, representing a huge investment of RSB. The Oddity traces don't really matter, but if these are so challenging, I'm hoping we'll be allowed the full use of our tool kit.

• SiginaSigina Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #908 December, 2020, 05:40 pm.

for the looks of it seems like it's gonna favour the aurors

again 🙄

• SumaHanSumaHan Posts: 67 ✭✭
    #1008 December, 2020, 06:04 pm.

Please, give us more RSB as reward....

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #1108 December, 2020, 06:38 pm.

A new skill may appear in the new lessons that favors fighting Death Eaters. I think it is good that they give experience but those who have already reached maximum will not do them much good unless in the update they increase the maximum level and thus it will not be wasted experience.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    #1208 December, 2020, 07:42 pm.

from the screenshot, the final bos adversary will be considered as elit foe? or all adversary enemy considered elit foes?

• EowynRioEowynRio Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    #1308 December, 2020, 08:18 pm.

@hpwulola

Yay! That's fantastic news! 🥳 I can hardly wait!

One doubt: will you expand the current 60 level cap?

Thanks anyway, it's really exciting!

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    #1408 December, 2020, 09:37 pm.

yawn, map things which is basically exclusive oddities? boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooring, was expecting new fort floors and foes and we get this instead...at least theyre supposed to give/reward dada books at rank ups.

#1608 December, 2020, 09:42 pm.

@Kodokmag afaik all adversaries are going to be elites.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #1708 December, 2020, 09:49 pm.

I'm so excited!!! I'm also feeling pretty pleased with myself for saving all my spell books. I'm going to have to start brewing Wit Sharpening Potions though.

• DjeaDjea Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #1908 December, 2020, 10:11 pm.

I am a magizoologist who does not have any hexes. I am glad that we will be on the same playing field as the other professions.

Thank you very much for the upcoming lessons and challenges. And thank you very much for all your hard work. I love this game!

• Reader1946Reader1946 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #2109 December, 2020, 12:43 am.

I would also like to recommend adding levels above 60 when the adversary feature is added.

After reaching level 60, XP i s earned for each wizard challenge or when a confoundable is defeated, then it disappears. There is no reason to use or brew baruffio potions.

Also, the new Wizard gift are useless.

Until I reach 60 I had not realized that I checked the XP total each day to see how much had been accomplished during that day. My own personal perk for playing.

Looking forward to the new feature.

#2209 December, 2020, 12:56 am.

To everyone who keeps saying to uncap levels:

There is zero purpose to uncapping the levels. Just show us the total exp past 60. There is no reward to leveling, other than unlocking S.O.S. skills and a few items each level. Without rewards, it is just an incrementing number. Mastery used to be associated to levels, so leveling used to have a purpose; but they moved that to the S.O.S. tree. It has been proven that leveling no longer effect mastery.

Just show the incrementing exp, instead... so that if actual new content around leveling is introduced at a later time, then we will have progress towards that content.

• AttritionAttrition Posts: 102 ✭✭✭
    #2309 December, 2020, 02:44 am.

@Djea As a Magizoologist you have a +40 power when you have 5 or more focus. You spent RSB on that and have it all of the time. On the other hand, Professors spent RSB on hexes, defense charms, and proficiency charms that it looks like we won't be able to access. That's not an equal playing field at all.

• Akex131415Akex131415 Posts: 17 ✭✭
    #2409 December, 2020, 06:39 am.

NOT happy about this, really. I stopped playing Pokemon Go over PvP and Team ****, and I hope this doesn't get as annoying.

If I wanted to play some dumb battle game, well, there are enough of them out there already.

#2509 December, 2020, 08:00 am.

@Attrition world/map stuff is what theyve done so far, sos, now adversaries its all map stuff (and 99% of sos is 100% useless, other than the spell mastery and potions) and it is 100% solo, no team/group/community required, forts (especially now with KB that we dont have to travel far for meetups) are a team/group thing, to do Dark 5s you need a group or roughly 20-30 healing potions, and 20-30 potents per rune for solo (at least those were the stats pre-kb/sos idk if thats changed since) not to mention the wit sharps and invigs to either hex stuff or heal you (depending on profession).

Everyone that was left in discord/facebook Greek communities was left waiting for this update, "maybe theyll give us new profession plans and fort floors that will justify playing this game, give it an endgame, make it more of a group thing than solo" (merged some stuff together in 1 sentence).

Now? "f-it, no point in playing this game, they wont update again until summer 2021 and map solo stuff are booooooring, off to pogo to raid w friends 24/7 we go)

Every1 I know has completed registry (all of it) maxed all 3 professions and has no reason to play, and this new map stuff isnt gonna do it b/c you dont need anyone else to complete it, for an mmorpg which WU is supposed to be they keep making it more solo and less group/community.

Walking alone returning stuff is boring. Group forting w friends either in person or through discord is fuuuuuun.

#2609 December, 2020, 08:06 am.

@Djea you wont have access to bravery charm either tho, which makes elites easier. preliminary data will show that the best class for this so far is aurors, if the math ive been give is not faulty, aurors w maxed potent and witsharp from sos, 1st strike crit and their extra power can do 1.2k-2k per strike, aka they can 2-1 shot every single adversary out there, whereas have fun as magi/prof needing 5-10 shots per adv. Yes, aurors have much less defence and health but it wont be a prob as the sos-enhanced health potion now heals almost 70% of life and health potions are bountiful w essential rune gifts. I keep deleting 100+ health potions every week or something b/c I have no use for them in forts (in either profession and I have all 3 maxed out).

• SheganerSheganer Posts: 56 ✭✭
    #2709 December, 2020, 08:12 am.

Finely something completely new! Yay! Can't wait!!!!

I have a question...

WHEN WILL NEW LESSONS WILL BE AVAILABLE? You said a new leeson will be available when you complete the 1St one.... Well!?

I have completed all 3 classes LONG TIME AGO... yet new lessons are not available as you say they will be...

...still wait... Waiting for Xmas present from you to open new lessons... 🙃🙂

#2809 December, 2020, 08:16 am.

@Sheganer the game's not been updated and the new features have not been unlocked yet, until then no new plans. patience is a virtue.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 162 ✭✭
    #3009 December, 2020, 10:53 am.

Hold on! This update will be January. So get ready for stocked spell book more, because this is expensive spell book.

What Edible Dark Mark potion recipe on this time?

#3109 December, 2020, 11:56 am.

January? If they dont want the hype to go to waste they need to release much sooner than that, like today.