We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
December Community Day — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

December Community Day

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,030 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 14 December, 2020, 06:43 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

December Community Day is all day Saturday, December 12 from 12:01 a.m.–11:59 p.m. local time. Prepare your broom and take to the skies as you visit the Quidditch Pitch II!

This Community Day, you can look forward to the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Magical Games and Sports Foundables to the Quidditch Pitch II with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Ingredients and DADA Books.
  • Increased sightings of Quidditch Captain Marcus Flint, Madam Hooch, Slytherin Seeker Draco Malfoy and Quidditch Captain Cedric Diggory from the Quidditch Pitch II Registry page.
  • Tonic for Trace Detection will reveal more Community Day Traces, only takes 1 hour to brew, and its Master Notes will reduce brew time by 50%.
  • A special 1km Portmanteau that rewards Slytherin Quidditch Banner fragments.

As a reminder, during the month of December, all visits to Inns and Greenhouses will grant players a Gift and all events will include Gifts as a reward!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    #207 December, 2020, 07:40 pm.

looking forward for that green banner. very hard to get from fortress. LoL

• ItWasTheChadItWasTheChad Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #307 December, 2020, 07:46 pm.

Again, why do you schedule community days to overlap with Pokemon Go? Very frustrating!

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #407 December, 2020, 07:56 pm.

@ItWasTheChad Because not all pokemon go players play Harry Potter Wizards Unite and not all Harry Potter Wizards Unite players play pokemon go.

You have to agree that they are two different games, although they are partly developed by the same company, each game has its own players who may or may not coincide in both games.

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 57 ✭✭✭
    #507 December, 2020, 09:13 pm.

Thanks for the details Lola. Excited to see what the weekend will be like!

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #608 December, 2020, 01:48 pm.

OW infographics...Coming Soon...After approval...

#708 December, 2020, 02:04 pm.
    #808 December, 2020, 02:04 pm.
    #908 December, 2020, 02:04 pm.
  • whytoocoldwhytoocold Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #1012 December, 2020, 08:19 am.

Tonic for trace detection still takes >2hrs to brew even though it says 48mins.

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #1112 December, 2020, 10:08 am.

Tonic for trace detection doesn't seem to have reduced to 1h brew time... I spent the week gathering ingredients so that I could brew a lot of them. Do you actually want people to play your game, or is this some kind of sociological experiment to see how far you can push HP fans?

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 31 ✭✭
    #1212 December, 2020, 10:19 am.

No problems with TTD here.

From start event is the reduced brewing time working for me. (Fairphone 3, Netherlands)

• LoviMoment13LoviMoment13 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    #1312 December, 2020, 11:45 am.

The reduced brewing time isn't happening for me. It says 55 minutes, but then it takes three hours.

• KzkynKanutoKzkynKanuto Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1412 December, 2020, 11:50 am.

@hpwulola el server no funciona!!!!

No aparece el autobús ni rastros ni posadas ni invernaderos

• AmpahuerAmpahuer Posts: 1
    #1512 December, 2020, 11:50 am.

Aprovechando el evento me gustaria conseguir las banderas de slytherin y griffindor. Alguien sabe como se consiguen. Gracias😉

• KarmassusKarmassus Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #1612 December, 2020, 01:06 pm.

TTD now working -> didn't work on potions I'd put on the list before midnight. They just finished and indeed now brew time showed as 1h.

Is it me or did brew time for already selected potions change during previous events? I seem to remember filling the waiting slots before going to sleep and waking up to finished potions.

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 755 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1712 December, 2020, 01:53 pm.

@Karmassus brew time has never changed for potions already in queue. The time has always been determined at the moment you add it to the queue.

• Blinker73Blinker73 Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited December 2020 #1812 December, 2020, 02:24 pm.

So why is it that we still have an event where a foundable usually only available in fortress battles has been removed from the rewards of a battle.

i have been using runestones to try to get the slytherin quidditch banner before realizing it was impossible to get trough a battle even when I use the correct runestone.

Do we really have to check before each battle what rewards are available at that moment.

Can the @HPWUTeam please stop removing foundables from fortress rewards.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    #1912 December, 2020, 05:22 pm.

@ItWasTheChad b/c warner bros games division that's making this game doesn't care abt the pogo or the pokemon company.

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    #2012 December, 2020, 11:25 pm.

@Blinker73 it's guaranteed in the special portkeys, not as a fortress reward

• DjeaDjea Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #2112 December, 2020, 11:59 pm.

I enjoyed using 3 Tonics for Trace Detection to complete the special assignment; I even used a fourth tonic just to get ministry manuals to complete the lessons for Spell Mastery. I gathered as much portmanteaus as I can but I would still like to get more banners (either one) for prestige. I wasn't able to win the banner (neither one) fragments before this event either. The good thing is that the magical sports runestones are still accumulating so I can try again after this event is over.

Thank you very much for this enjoyable game 😊

• JenLillyJenLilly Posts: 3 ✭✭
    #2213 December, 2020, 12:21 am.

been trying since 920 to buy the community day box but I keep getting purchase failed on everything in diagon alley very annoying😡

• CuddlyTeddyMageCuddlyTeddyMage Posts: 16 ✭✭
    #2313 December, 2020, 01:06 am.

Seems like you don't get those gifts from finishing the CD if you're at max gifts. If I got them, I don't know where they are...

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 32 ✭✭
    #2413 December, 2020, 04:58 am.

Thanks for the great event today! Was able to presige the page to gold and star everything again except the Slytherin Banner, plus brewed several TTDs that should come in handy for the Spotlight event on Tuesday.

• LyraeselLyraesel Posts: 1
    edited December 2020 #2513 December, 2020, 05:51 am.

Game freezes when trying to use night bus or fortress. I also can't open portkey just shows hand pointing down can't click on it to open up.

• foxfirektrevafoxfirektreva Posts: 2 ✭✭
    #2613 December, 2020, 06:10 am.

I finished the community day (thank you for making it not terribly difficult!) but when I tried to log in later to claim my final prize and free box from the shop, it wouldn't let me log on so I missed the prize boxes. 😭

• Not4u13Not4u13 Posts: 40 ✭✭
    #2713 December, 2020, 10:22 pm.

Finished CD rather quickly and as soon as I finish opening a few more of the PK I collected, I'll be able to Prestige to gold.

I felt this was a good balance between effort and reward. Nothing too exotic but fun.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 811 ✭✭✭✭
    #2813 December, 2020, 11:27 pm.

kind of neutral CD, no -actual- red beam/emergency and I have that page starred in gold, so i did the tasks fast for the DADAs and then concentrated on fluffy instead and had my very own fluffy CD placing him -instead- abt 12 times in 1 1/2 hrs, never seen so many of him before considering I live in desert biome where the sun always shines.

• BalthazarHuffsBalthazarHuffs Posts: 38 ✭✭✭
    #3014 December, 2020, 06:43 pm.

Ok, some feedback hoping that they team will read it and pay attention to the players for once...

The Care of Magical Creatures event eas 100% Better in Spawn with the TTD, in this opportunity with the TTD were more NONE-EVENT related foundables than the ones that we actually needed.

Need to improve that @hpwulola