We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) Visit this post for more details
Request Certain Gifts & Nickname Friends — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

Request Certain Gifts & Nickname Friends

PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ Posts: 42 ✭✭
in Feature Requests #1 latest comment 21 February, 2021, 03:26 am.

On Pokémon GO, you can apply a nickname to friends which is handy for knowing who they are and see when they’re online. On Wizards Unite this isn’t possible yet.

Another request is, the ability to request certain gifts. Someone may want all the Wizard XP gifts they can, someone else may be after runestones. If you had some way of displaying to other players the gifts you’d prefer I think that would be great.

Comments

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #203 December, 2020, 07:11 pm.

@PkmnTrainerJ At the moment putting a nickname to your friends is not much use because for the fortresses you can not invite them, in pokemon go I think they put it to make it easier and faster to send them invitation to remote raids. And knowing if your friends are online or not I think invades the privacy of the player. What is related to gifts I see it well.

• MorganzaMorganza Posts: 106 ✭✭✭
    #321 December, 2020, 05:16 am.

The PoGo nickname feature was incredibly useful long before remote raids; I used it to keep notes on who people were and how I'd met them. Sort by nickname was a great tool to prioritize or de-prioritize opening faraway gifts.

If HPWU had nicknames I could use it to keep notes on gift preferences, RL names, chat handles, or where I've met people.

• saavik5saavik5 Posts: 1
    #414 February, 2021, 09:18 am.

Bumping Morganza's comment. I completely agree - this would be ideal for me ideal for keeping track of gift preferences

• chavenschavens Posts: 6 ✭✭
    #521 February, 2021, 03:26 am.

Firstly, y’all HPWU folks are awesome.

Secondly, indicating gift preferences doesn’t seem totally essential to me & I could see it as almost being more of a headache than helpful & - quite frankly - everyone’s preference is for the better gift. I.e.,

• Extravagant spell energy gift > Spell energy gift
    • Extravagant runestone gift > Essential runestone gift > Runestone gift
    • Potions are cool.
      • So is wizard XP (for wizards who are not maxed out to level 50)
    • No one wants ingredient gifts (including extravagant). Don’t be that friend.
      • Honestly, same for Runestone Gifts. I have more level 2 runestones than even the combined effort of Harry Potter & Hermione Granger could make use of in a single lifetime.
        • Total Sidenote (for HPWU Team): It seems like something could be done about this where one could maybe charm ten level 2 runestones into a level 3 runestone & so forth.

Finally, with regards to nicknames: Please, please, please, ... please - For all of the great reasons that others have mentioned? Seems like a great bang for buck - where it might be relatively simple to integrate & would be *immensely* helpful for SOS Task Force members!

Thanks!

chavens