We’re currently investigating issues with the SOS Report appearing blank, Adventure Sync not working (Android), and in-app purchasing (iOS.) We will provide updates when we have further details.
December Brilliant Event – Part 1 — Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Community Forum

December Brilliant Event – Part 1

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,030 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 07 December, 2020, 05:52 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Moving Staircases I during Part 1 of the Hogwarts for the Holidays Brilliant Event, starting Tuesday, December 1 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

• Argus Filch - Wizarding Challenges
  • Fat Friar - Brilliant Portkey
  • Bloody Baron - Brilliant Portkey
  • Brilliant Salazar Slytherin Portrait - Encounter
  • Brilliant Helga Hufflepuff Portrait - Encounter

Brilliant Portkeys for this event will introduce two new environments: the Hufflepuff and Slytherin Common Rooms! 

The Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    #425 November, 2020, 07:56 pm.

anyway, no december event calendar?

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,030 admin
    #525 November, 2020, 08:23 pm.

@Kodokmag This will be shared next week!

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #625 November, 2020, 10:34 pm.

Will there be two different portkeys for each location/foundable, or will they be random? Thanks!

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #725 November, 2020, 10:46 pm.

@hpwulola Yay! Thanks for listening to the player feedback and removing the unlock portkey tasks. Also, I’m looking forward to see what the gift rewards are and the new portkey locations. 😃😊

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #826 November, 2020, 04:25 am.

Posting 5 orangewizard infographics.

Expect to see them after they clear the room of requirement...

#926 November, 2020, 04:30 am.

See the activity page...for the orangewizard infographics

#1026 November, 2020, 04:33 am.

@hpwuteam Yay house ghosts!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

#1126 November, 2020, 05:29 am.
    #1226 November, 2020, 06:58 pm.
  • WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 233 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020 #1329 November, 2020, 12:10 am.

@hpwulola Can we please STOP the “win in your highest chamber” task??

If not, then please find a way to ensure those entering the higher chambers are aware of how to “play well with others”.

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 810 ✭✭✭✭
    #1529 November, 2020, 09:57 pm.
    #1629 November, 2020, 09:58 pm.

I agree w Witchhiker.

#1729 November, 2020, 09:59 pm.

its not ghost players, its freeloaders. Stop giving that task until you introduce a free way to send invites to ppl in our friends' list so we dont have to suffer the randoms.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    #1901 December, 2020, 09:02 pm.

I just got a pop up box that said Constance Responds with an “Okay” button but the box was just white. Does anyone know what was supposed to be in the box? Sorry I hit okay out of habit without taking a screenshot.

• ResurrectionIvyResurrectionIvy Posts: 33 ✭✭
    #2001 December, 2020, 10:06 pm.

“ During the month of December, all visits to inns and greenhouses will grant players a gift. In the spirit of gifting, we want to give you plenty of occasions to send spell energy and ingredient gifts to your fellow players. There also will be other opportunities this month to procure gifts to send to friends: every December event will include gifts as rewards! Note: A player must have space in their gift capacity in order to receive this gift. Please be sure to check you have space before claiming event rewards that include gifts.”

This afternoon, I must have visited at least 20 greenhouses and inns. I cleared my gifts cache before beginning play. I may have received ONE gift. This does not sound like what you posted on the SOS report. What’s up?

• DoztemDoztem Posts: 30 ✭✭
    #2101 December, 2020, 10:13 pm.

@STRAWBERRYSPLIT It seems good to me but in my case I have unlocked the last room and I do not have the finished profession, as I am sure there will be more players and we would last very little unless we have players who have the finished profession and know how to play.

• CeruleanGirlCeruleanGirl Posts: 459 ✭✭✭✭
    #2201 December, 2020, 11:30 pm.

Disregard my question in post #19. I just saw that Orange Wizard posted a screenshot!

• BionicMansterBionicManster Posts: 60 ✭✭✭
    #2302 December, 2020, 09:51 pm.

Thanks @Owlx for giving us the heads up on what is needed.

• C4tmonsterC4tmonster Posts: 86 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 #2404 December, 2020, 08:39 pm.

FYI portkey to obtain bloody baron is broken - I have only opened unlocked and opened portkeys from event and ZERO bloody barons have been recorded after opening 3. I cannot complete event page until this is corrected.

If there is a "special" SILVER glowing portkey - I have never seen one on map, only purple glowing (so maybe that is broken!)

• MollieWeezlyMollieWeezly Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2505 December, 2020, 07:23 pm.

I’m also having trouble finding a Bloody Baron portmanteau. Can someone post a picture that shows the difference between brilliant purple and brilliant silver? Want to be sure I have 3 before event ends!! Thx!

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 #2605 December, 2020, 07:34 pm.

@MollieWeezly

There you go - unfortunately I don't have a pic where you can see one on the map. I think they look more grey than silver.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020 #2705 December, 2020, 07:48 pm.

@MollieWeezly

Here’s a pic of how the silver portmanteau, that rewards the Bloody Baron, looks on the map:

The other portmanteau, looks like the normal Brilliant portmanteau with the purple glow on it.

• MollieWeezlyMollieWeezly Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2806 December, 2020, 04:27 am.

Thank you so much! Found one right away once I knew what to look for. 😊

• Pokemom2052Pokemom2052 Posts: 1
    #2906 December, 2020, 10:38 pm.

I get only Fat Friar foundables from port keys. I have completed him 4 times and not one Bloody Baron. How bogus is that?

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    #3006 December, 2020, 11:57 pm.

the new gift from the reward, i know there is difference in name for the blue gift, but for last gift from bonus task, its name also same as regular ingredient gift isnt it? or not?

because i usually save 1 or 2 normal ingredient gifts, now i dont know which one is from gift reward which one is not.

or i just forgotten have sent them to a friend.

now i am confuse. LoL

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    #3107 December, 2020, 09:51 am.

@Pokemom2052 You did notice this time there were two different kinds of brilliant Portmanteaus?

There are the usual glowing purple ones but also silver-greyish ones. One will take you to the Hufflepuff common room and reward the Fat Friar the other one will take you to the Slythering common room and reward the Bloody Baron.