Spotlight Events

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,213 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 01 December, 2020, 12:35 am.

Witches and Wizards,

We are experimenting with some new ways to improve the gameplay experience, so we are excited to announce two events we’re testing this week, a Tonic for Trace Detection Spotlight Event and a Knight Bus Spotlight Event!

Tonic for Trace Detection Spotlight Event

Wednesday, November 25 from 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. local time

During this time, Tonic for Trace Detection will be more likely to reveal the following Foundables: 

• Portrait of Albus Dumbledore
  • Monster Book of Monsters
  • Niffler
  • Omnioculars

Knight Bus Spotlight Event

Thursday, November 26 from 11:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. local time

During this time, specific Fortress chambers in the Knight Bus will guarantee the following Foundable fragment from successfully won Wizarding Challenges:

• Thunderbird from Tower Chamber V
  • Puffskein from Forest Chamber V
  • Portrait of the Wild Boar from Dark Chamber V

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite team

Tagged:

Comments

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #224 November, 2020, 09:53 pm.

dont see anything new other than a ttd giving (low lvl silly stuff) and forts giving specific guaranteed stuff...all happened and done before...and whats the point of participating in any event w/o any kind of (DADA / rsb) rewards?...."new" ways though follows the "fixed" bug (nerfed) stuff.

• MotherOf2LionsMotherOf2Lions Posts: 99 ✭✭✭
    #324 November, 2020, 09:59 pm.

I love it, especially the Knight Bus Spotlight. Only problem... Thursday is a U.S. holiday and I don't want to bury my face in my phone during family time.

• ManateeMommaManateeMomma Posts: 73 ✭✭✭
    #424 November, 2020, 10:14 pm.

Quick question about the Knight Bus Spotlight.....do you need to use that family's runestone at that level of fortress to get that foundable? If I use Oddities 2 runestone in Dark V during the spotlight event, will it reward the portrait of the wild boar?

• SilverElmSilverElm Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #524 November, 2020, 10:16 pm.

I can only join in for an hour each day as I am at work! If you do these again, could you think about moving the time or doing one on a Saturday and one on a Sunday? Thanks.

Also, I have a few ideas for the game...where do I send them?

• NuttyNat2000NuttyNat2000 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #624 November, 2020, 10:35 pm.

Err most people around the world will be working surely making it the whole day would be a better test?

• Ladyhawk29Ladyhawk29 Posts: 28 ✭✭
    #725 November, 2020, 01:01 am.

I wish these events lasted until later in the day. I know it's a holiday week but still have to work.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 304 ✭✭✭
    #925 November, 2020, 02:18 am.

@ManateeMomma oddities rune will be reward normal fragment. If you use hogward school rune, you get gruanted wild boar fragment.

This is problem knight bus fortress, we need removed knight bus because too much idle people, so this is now new era normal and go outside for hunting fortress normal.

• HPWUblueHPWUblue Posts: 1,636 mod
    #1125 November, 2020, 04:56 am.

I have a few ideas for the game...where do I send them?

@SilverElm Thanks for your interest. Please use the Feature Requests section to post them. Also, searching with the keywords to find similar posts before making a new one is a good practice to avoid duplicates. Cheers!

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1225 November, 2020, 06:37 am.

I think of this as 'support event' for upcoming wizarding weekend. Family xp is back is it? 🤔

And this spotlight offer several CoMC family to boost image collection.

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1325 November, 2020, 06:45 am.

Why does it make me so scared, when anyone from the @HPWUTeam says, "We are experimenting..." Haven't they been experimenting since day one?

• AltarielValiceAltarielValice Posts: 249 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1425 November, 2020, 06:45 am.

Thanks so much for trying out new features in the game to keep us engaged!

I hope both events are successful and bring back positive views. There are currently alot of comments based on the timing as many players won't be able toengage during the work week plus having Thanksgiving on a Thursday.

I hope that the timing is due to making the testing process easier.

Other than that, thank you for taking our feedback into consideration, I cant wait to share the upcoming thoughts from the community with you . 😊 @hpwulola

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    #1525 November, 2020, 10:10 am.

@hpwulola, the push notification said "in the next 4 hours the TTD...". If the time span in the announcement is correct, it should be "in the next 7 hours". Just letting you know. :)

• TwothirdTwothird Posts: 5 ✭✭
    #1625 November, 2020, 12:33 pm.

Are there no in game information about this?

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 115 ✭✭✭
    #1725 November, 2020, 01:15 pm.

@Twothird there it is. In the news section of the app there is an announcement with the same information as in the first post of this topic.

#1825 November, 2020, 01:43 pm.

@ElisaWilson There are no such information in my game. There are only news about Dumbledores army and Wizarding weekend. I ask, since there are no information about this event for me. I don't think I should have to read posts on messageboards on the internet to be informed of this.

• LycindelleLycindelle Posts: 616 ✭✭✭
    #1925 November, 2020, 03:03 pm.

@Twothird I don't find any ingame information in my game either.

• CaeleonCaeleon Posts: 270 ✭✭✭
    #2025 November, 2020, 04:17 pm.

Ok... So most people are at work or in school. Not the most ideal hours to host an event...

You might want to adapt those hours.

• CitrinellaCitrinella Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #2125 November, 2020, 04:53 pm.

It seems that many players do not have the information about these Spotlight events in their SOS News! I got it, and looked for Orange Wizard's infographic, but when I shared those to my country's game group, many other players were surprised and told that it's not visible in their game accounts. Why is that? SOS news should always be up to date to everyone, as there can certainly be players who do not follow social media actively! (The problem can't be assets, as I did get the event info in my SOS news despite not having noticed that there were about 100 new assets waiting for downloading.)

All in all the information about these events came quite late, and I have read comments about people in for example Asia getting the information too late.

The 7 hours time-window is not very optimal either (even if it's much better than the old Community "day" schedule 11am-2pm!). 24hour events would be much more useful for most players.

But all in all, it's nice that these Spotlight events give a chance to possibly fill up 2 different Care of Magical Creature items (Monster book and Puffskein) before the Wizarding weekend. Also the other items are quite rare and nice to get, so the idea of these extra events is a nice!

• SiljeCoon2SiljeCoon2 Posts: 1
    #2225 November, 2020, 05:20 pm.

why can’t you do this at afternoon? In Pokémon go the spotlight hour is in the afternoon/evening. Not when everyone is at work!

• CartaphilusCartaphilus Posts: 104 ✭✭✭
    #2325 November, 2020, 05:35 pm.

Pffff.... totally missed today's experiment. No notification/news from the app?

• MtPolluxMtPollux Posts: 853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2425 November, 2020, 05:38 pm.

@Twothird the announcement is in game for me as well. It's odd that you don't have it.

#2525 November, 2020, 05:39 pm.

@ElisaWilson This is how my newssection looks like.

• BrandaanBrandaan Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November 2020 #2625 November, 2020, 06:54 pm.

Nice idea @hpwulola and @HPWUblue , I'm in. Unfortunately the notification in the app for today's event arrived ..... just now, around 7 pm. So I hope it was a great event.

Next chance tomorrow!

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 1,213 admin
    #2725 November, 2020, 07:37 pm.

Thanks everyone for your feedback! See you in the Knight Bus tomorrow :)

• PhonixMoonPhonixMoon Posts: 7 ✭✭
    edited November 2020 #2825 November, 2020, 10:10 pm.

😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢😢

Can’t take part in either of these events as they fall fully into work hours.

Didn’t receive any notification until after today’s event was over...

• EPHedwigEPHedwig Posts: 160 ✭✭✭
    #2925 November, 2020, 10:49 pm.

Thanks for today's event, seems like the TTD worked well with the amped up traces. Only really needed the Omnioculars but nearly got it starred so was a success in my book!

• PiaEPiaE Posts: 1
    #3026 November, 2020, 02:14 am.

Hi, I've played Tower V about 4 times now, 2 times I got the Thunderbird fragment, 2 times I did not. I thought it was guaranteed?

• k1platinumk1platinum Posts: 38 ✭✭
    edited November 2020 #3126 November, 2020, 03:25 am.

@HPWUblue Spotlight event on 26th has been started here in Japan. But, many players reported that sometimes the dropped fragment is not the guaranteed one but the family of Runestones. Please check.