November Brilliant Event Part 1 - Dumbledore’s Army

hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 971 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 11 November, 2020, 02:27 pm.

Witches and Wizards,

Help return Brilliant Foundables from the Hog’s Head Pub during Part 1 of the Dumbledore’s Army Brilliant Event, starting Tuesday, November 3 at 11 a.m. PT. 

The Brilliant Foundables featured during this event can be found in the following locations:

Part 1

• Portrait of Ariana Dumbledore - Wizarding Challenges
  • Goat - Brilliant Portkey
  • Dumbledore’s Army Sign-Up Sheet - Tasks
  • Brilliant Lee Jordan - Encounter
  • Brilliant Neville Longbottom - Encounter

Brilliant Portkeys for this event will be 1.5km. As a reminder, Part 1 Portkeys will give you Part 1 rewards anytime you open them, even if you wait to open them during Part 2. 

Don’t forget to pick up your complimentary store pack which will contain the following:

• 6x Baneberry
  • 4x Bulbadox Juice
  • 4x Angels Trumpet
  • 2x Erumpent Horn
  • 25 Spell Energy

Keep an eye out for Bonus Assignments that will be available in game after the main tasks have been completed!

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• MafrinkMafrink Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #230 October, 2020, 06:40 pm.

Every item I select whether it is a foundable or ingredient or spell I received an error message. It is really frustrating having all these bugs in the game.

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #331 October, 2020, 03:41 am.

OW infographics will post after approval

#431 October, 2020, 04:02 am.

Hint or tip. We'll need to open 5 portkeys for the bonus.

Players can pick up and save 10 Halloween event 1km portkeys- 5 for part 1 and 5 for part 2.

Note that the event awards will not give us the 5 portkey foundable for the BE registery page so you will still need to do 5 BE portkeys to place the image.

Players can walk BE portkeys after event to place image. Just remember week 1 portkeys only have part 1 foundable, same with week 2.

#531 October, 2020, 04:07 am.
    #631 October, 2020, 01:58 pm.

Incoming OW infographic.....after approval

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    #731 October, 2020, 08:47 pm.

pretty much the same i guess. 🤔

hope the spawns is as good as the hallowen event

edited October 31 #831 October, 2020, 09:41 pm.

@Kodokmag no family XP task!🙂

Hope it's as fun as the Halloween event!

Mind the brewing tasks. Collect ingredient and prep your cauldrons!

• ElisaWilsonElisaWilson Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    #901 November, 2020, 02:04 pm.

@Owlx, well the “collect 5 brilliant runestones” is a family xp task in disguise. One improvement to the earlier version is the possibility to save all the FXPs from the first set of tasks and collect the runestones from them only after moving to the second set. This way you get 2 or 3 runestones without too much hassle. One just needs to keep in mind not to open the event page at all until one gets to the second task set.

#1001 November, 2020, 08:00 pm.

@ElisaWilson good tip not to open the BE registry page until that task! Thank you.

Earning 5 runestones is similar to BE family exp. It seems easier to accomplish especially since the 1st 2 or 3 runestones don't usually need 40xp to get.

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1102 November, 2020, 12:04 am.

Another tip to add to the ones already suggested: if you can resist the urge of the red dot on your registry, it’ll be good to remember NOT to place any images until the bonus tasks.

• NavikNavik Posts: 52 ✭✭✭
    #1202 November, 2020, 04:27 pm.

This seems doable.

Unlocking 5 portkeys will probably be unpopular, but still doable.

I dislike the use 10 estillmio potions personally because these tasks come up after I work hard on building my stock... Increased ingredients would be nice...

The tip on not clicking the registry page to "save" the runestones is good, except when they force you to the page (still don't have a cancel on the "place image" popup). Would be better if they said "achieve level 5 in the BE".

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    #1302 November, 2020, 11:04 pm.

@Imaginatio I haven’t seen a red dot 🔴 since last spring/summer when things changed.

Wish the red dots would return as I don’t have time to go through reach page to look for the faintly twinkling foundable or challenge item.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    #1402 November, 2020, 11:08 pm.

And I absolutely hate when they want us to win in our highest fortress chamber.

Dark V can be a b* without experienced players.

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 136 ✭✭
    #1503 November, 2020, 12:23 am.

@WitchHiker win highest fortress chamber is no problem if you have task use any exstimulo in wizarding challenge too.

This is good idea when give task unlock 5 portmanteau if you want outside too.

• AurorsFocusPlsAurorsFocusPls Posts: 38 ✭✭
    #1603 November, 2020, 01:19 pm.

@Navik what I do is shut the app down when I'm offered to open the brilliant page and then restart it again. This usually works. I wish there were the cancel button, too though.

• FredjeFlitserFredjeFlitser Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #1703 November, 2020, 04:52 pm.

This time no 5 brilliant goat rewards in the tasks, so anyone willing to complete the page will still need to outrun 5 brilliant portkeys as well, not only the random portkeys of the tasks...

• hpwulolahpwulola Posts: 971 admin
    #1803 November, 2020, 06:55 pm.

@ElisaWilson That's a great tip! I love seeing players strategically navigate through tasks 😍

• enTrainedenTrained Posts: 22 ✭✭
    #1903 November, 2020, 07:19 pm.

I dropped my phone and missed the story line at the beginning of the event. Did anyone catch it?

• ParrishBlueParrishBlue Posts: 48 ✭✭
    #2003 November, 2020, 08:23 pm.

I also missed the opening story... (my pocket decided to play by itself). Can anyone share? Thanks!

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2104 November, 2020, 10:31 am.

I cannot place the whole story, mine is of course also gone. But I can tell what I remember.

Harry tells he can manipulate the calamity again. When asked, he says that sinds the darkness appeared I tried to push it away with his own influence. het haven't been succesvol until now, he fed the calamity his memories of Dumbledores Army.

The strange feeling from the the darkness (last event) didn't leave with the darkness foundables.

The ministry thinks it is still better to fight the calamity then leave it, as it has a good source, but can be manipulated.

• BellefleurtjahBellefleurtjah Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #2204 November, 2020, 10:42 am.

It is a very annoying as a text unintentionally disappears. When the events were less doable I finished most only for the storyline. (The rewards were too little, but I didn't mind too much because I wasn't playing solemnly for them)

Not when I was done, I clicked away the text before I was done reading.

Can we have our own texts please?

Like the Memo's in the mysteries-page in the registry. Or at least a button Do you really want to close? Like entering the Knight bus.

Please?

• NursePoppyNursePoppy Posts: 80 ✭✭✭
    #2304 November, 2020, 05:58 pm.

This BE has been very enjoyable so far. I hope all Witches and Wizards are having fun!

• RadretiredRadretired Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #2404 November, 2020, 10:58 pm.

Thanks much for the helpful tips.

I thought there was a nice selection of tasks for this event. The past 3 events have been a big improvement over the previous events that were difficult to complete. I was able to complete this event in a day with 4 Baruffios.

#2505 November, 2020, 11:49 am.

is there a way to change the rule to that single image (1/1) to be clear image right away upon completion (usually from the task reward).

i got mixed feeling to placed it to get clear image but it shows 0/1 with green star. 🙄

• BalthazarHuffsBalthazarHuffs Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #2605 November, 2020, 07:54 pm.

Bugs are accumulating....more events, no fixes, less attention form the developers...

What a shame...

• BalthazarHuffsBalthazarHuffs Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #2705 November, 2020, 07:56 pm.

@Kodokmag You need to place the image to get the green star, and that will allow you to prestige the page.

When you get to the gold page and havethe green dot, you''ll be just collecting for getting more blue books for the SOS training

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #2805 November, 2020, 08:01 pm.

Is anyone having issues with the brilliant portkeys not having enough whackspurts? I am only ever able to find four and so I am not getting that last one.

• N6MAC41717N6MAC41717 Posts: 12 ✭✭
    #2905 November, 2020, 09:29 pm.

Anyone else having server issues? I was in the middle of a Knight Bus trip with 4 others, and my game froze. I can get back in, but have no server connection. Barrufios running for nothing.

#3005 November, 2020, 10:34 pm.

@N6MAC41717 happened to me yesterday. Everytime i pick a foe always got connection error and kick me back to battl e lobby. Fortunately its just forest I, supposed to be no difficulty for the other 4 team mates.

• ZealmanPlaysYTZealmanPlaysYT Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #3106 November, 2020, 12:20 pm.

If you have missed any dialogue for Dumbledore's Army part 1 it's right here.

https://youtu.be/ytvectnkpPw