Darkness Unleashed Halloween Event

HPWUrobertHPWUrobert Posts: 719 admin
in Announcements #1 latest comment 03 November, 2020, 11:47 am.

Witches and Wizards,

Spend this Halloween weekend participating in the special Darkness Unleashed event and rounding up Legends of Hogwarts Foundables!

From Friday, October 30 at 11 a.m. PT–Monday, November 2 at 11 a.m. PT, keep an eye out for the following:

• Special Assignments focused on returning Legends of Hogwarts and Ministry of Magic Foundables with rewards including Potions, Spell Books, Runestones, Spell Energy, Silver Key and DADA Books.
  • Increased sightings of the Werewolf, Boggart Confoundable Traces such as Young Harry Potter and Young Remus Lupin as well as Dementor Confoundable Traces such as Sirius Black and Nympadora Tonks and more Traces from Tonic for Trace Detection.
  • Three special 1km Portmanteaus that reward Legends of Hogwarts, Dark Arts or Ministry of Magic Family XP and guaranteed fragments for Half-Blood Prince's Copy of Advanced Potion Making, Tom Riddle Sr. Gravestone or Wizengamot Accusation Chair.

Please note: To enable as many players around the world as possible to participate safely, this event has been adjusted to facilitate playing from wherever you are. Please remember to adhere to local rules and regulations, and be respectful of others and your surroundings.

Don’t forget to join the social conversation with #WizardsUnite, make sure to follow along on our official Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels for the latest updates, and head over to the Harry Potter: Wizards Unite community to discuss the game with fellow players!

-The Harry Potter: Wizards Unite Team

Tagged:

Comments

• SolteraleSolterale Posts: 19 ✭✭
    #323 October, 2020, 08:55 pm.

Finally another Young Harry event!

• CBG92CBG92 Posts: 311 ✭✭✭
    #423 October, 2020, 09:21 pm.

ahhh young harry!!

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 352 ✭✭✭
    #523 October, 2020, 10:19 pm.

sounds like another boring event w very poor rewards, not even 3 DADA books, 2? rly? meh and i imagine spawns wont be rly boosted either....

• DrakoniteDrakonite Posts: 352 ✭✭✭
    #623 October, 2020, 10:19 pm.

its young harry plus another 6-7 things, dont expect to see a lot of harry

• ImaginatioImaginatio Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #724 October, 2020, 04:47 am.

Young Harry?!?! YAY!!!!!!! 😃

• FredjeFlitserFredjeFlitser Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #824 October, 2020, 06:19 pm.

Very happy with young harry, but the placing of 7 hogwarts images will be a challenge. Will be a busy weekend. 😁

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    #1024 October, 2020, 06:26 pm.

@BenTiger thank you 👍️

• BormacskaBormacska Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1124 October, 2020, 06:28 pm.

So does this mean that you are specifically upping potter and lupin or should we expect to see a huge amount of pixies with the boggart cabinet, Ron's and the occasional Hermione with the boggart and on a good RNG run a few Harrys and Lupins?

Upping the percentage by a percent doesn't really help many of us outside high spawn areas.... 🤔

• OwlxOwlx Posts: 983 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1224 October, 2020, 06:32 pm.
  • Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 136 ✭✭
    #1325 October, 2020, 01:37 am.

One more again, what's inside foundable briliant event reward in complete task???

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    #1425 October, 2020, 04:21 am.

@Yohanes12 I have no clue what you are asking, but this is likely the wrong thread, since it is for the Halloween event, not a Brilliant Event. If you are asking what the rewards are for completing tasks in the Brilliant Event, check that thread.

• FredjeFlitserFredjeFlitser Posts: 26 ✭✭
    #1525 October, 2020, 09:13 pm.

No indeed, seems there is a brilliant event reward from darkness rising week one, since many people were not able to complete the page... bit strange but if it helps those players, then why not.

• KodokmagKodokmag Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭
    #1626 October, 2020, 12:05 am.

i hope there will be event about the centaurs too. 🙄

my page still stuck at basic there. LoL

• ClairabusGryffClairabusGryff Posts: 988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1826 October, 2020, 09:42 pm.

Me too @BocaG ! I really thought this should be a priority fix since I have lost countless traces as they disappear after I come back out to put a trace charm on them. Very very frustrating!!🤬🤬🤬

• DustyrunnerDustyrunner Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1927 October, 2020, 03:57 am.

I had really hoped to see Swooping evil in the portkeys, would have fit the Halloween theme nicely. I missed the July event and have only seen 3 in 15 months of gameplay. Needless to say that page is still “standard” :(

• Yohanes12Yohanes12 Posts: 136 ✭✭
    #2027 October, 2020, 05:14 am.

@Kodokmag me too. Centaur's really hard to find one, i hope there's CD oddities too.

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    #2127 October, 2020, 05:32 am.

Shouldn't Neville and Young Hermione be included in the bogart foundables?

• BenTigerBenTiger Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    #2227 October, 2020, 06:48 am.

@ClairabusGryff Don't expect it to be fixed any time soon. It has been well over 5 months since Wayfair sync has been broken and that is a core aspect of the game. They are too focused on events and trying to push out new content that they leave the bugs for extended periods of time, with only a single person assigned to troubleshoot them vs. a team.

• WitchHikerWitchHiker Posts: 217 ✭✭✭
    #2327 October, 2020, 12:12 pm.

Oh, you’ll see a lot of Harry “before” you need

him!!

That’s the way it is anymore with all of these events guaranteed the trace you currently do not need is the one that keeps appearing!

edited October 27 #2427 October, 2020, 12:21 pm.

@BenTiger and others,

I think the real truth here is to make these events so difficult to try and get us to spend so much on spell energy and potions, which equals money for them, they could care less whether we actually finish an event and get these piddly rewards. They just want the profit from the gold they’re trying to force us to spend to complete the event!!

• BocaGBocaG Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    #2527 October, 2020, 01:25 pm.

@WitchHiker if I’m being honest, that ship sailed! When the SoS tree first appeared and I was having a blast with the new system I almost broke my no spending policy. I was having sooooo much fun with the trace charm and climbing the SoS tree that I was very close to buying potions to speed up my captures. We all know how that ended, so I guess I need to thank the powers that be for saving me money! I have a penchant for spending when a game is making me happy, I was sucked into a spending vortex with a Middle earth game and had to set limits on myself. I almost broke that rule but thankfully fate intervened.

#2627 October, 2020, 04:07 pm.

@BocaG My ship is about to leave the port!

• SparkleLikeAGemSparkleLikeAGem Posts: 9 ✭✭
    #2727 October, 2020, 09:55 pm.

Re: Event portkeys for Tom Riddle Sr.'s Gravestone and Wizengamot Accusation Chair - what about the Magic is Might Statue and Ministry Visitor's Entrance? Will they be boosted in Wizarding Challenges? Will they be available in Wizarding Challenges?

• AzgandutAzgandut Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #2928 October, 2020, 04:07 am.

Good day @HPWUrobert

Just one yes/no question and I really hope to get a straight answer to it:

While increasing spawns of specified foundables, will you decrease spawns of any others?

To be absolutely specific: I want to try and prestige a page with young Harry Potter. Will I continue seeing spawns of other foundables on Potions Classroom page, e.g.: Hedwig and Professor Snape with the same frequency?

Thank you

• xxxlindyxxxlindy Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    #3028 October, 2020, 02:57 pm.

The absolute worst money grab they ever made was the dragon event. Players were threatening to leave in droves over the Trace brouhaha. Quick, Distracto!!! I'll just finish my dragon page before I leave. How many keys did YOU buy during that event?

• AzgandutAzgandut Posts: 10 ✭✭
    #3128 October, 2020, 08:34 pm.

@HPWUrobert maybe you missed my message from yesterday? Or maybe @hpwulola can answer?