Did not see enough foundables that were required to be collected for the community day on October 17

BethMarketingBethMarketing Posts: 4
in Report a Bug #1 latest comment 19 October, 2020, 02:04 pm.

I played for 4 hours and 45 minutes today and did not complete community day because I did not see enough of the required foundables that I was to defeat. I used dozens of potions during that time and every single time the tonic for trace detection wore off, the map would go blank. No foundables, no spell energy, no ingredients - nothing. Even if I closed the app and reopened it I would see nothing.

while the tonic was active I didn’t even see the foundables I needed to complete the assignments for community day. Did anyone else have a similar experience or is something wrong with my account?

12 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• DocTerminusDocTerminus Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #218 October, 2020, 05:16 am.

I also played for hours and salt, this was the first event that went unfinished. Somehow, the developers strayed far away from fun day years ago to make things unnecessarily challenging. I am level 59 and may not stick around to get to level 60.

• CoffeeAddictMelCoffeeAddictMel Posts: 2
    #318 October, 2020, 05:33 am.

Yes, I couldn’t complete it. Had 8 prophecies to go at 11.45pm, and gave up. I had used 7 TTD plus played without them and couldn’t get enough traces to complete. I also did at least 12 fortress battles and had zero foundable traces drop. This game is definitely not fun any more - my work is starting to be more fun....

• Fieldsy23Fieldsy23 Posts: 0
    #418 October, 2020, 08:38 am.

I have no community day related spawns without a tonic Potion active. Even with a tonic on, I only get 3-4 in 40 mins. This has made it impossible to complete the day's quests

• SkygreSkygre Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #518 October, 2020, 12:05 pm.

@Fieldsy23 I think this is what many of us are experiencing. I'm not going to use 10 or more TTDs today, several hundred spell energy, and every waking hour to have a chance on completing the community day. Wasted enough yesterday, and gave up when after 4 TTDs and 5-6 hours playtime, I was still only almost halfway on some tasks. Gonna spend the day trying to get some items I need to prestige a page, and restock on energy, ingredients and potions. Better to use all these resources on the brilliant event that starts on tuesday.

• PrenoPreno Posts: 14 ✭✭
    #618 October, 2020, 02:09 pm.

this is the first event I was unable to finish. the TTD did not give me any Lee Jordan’s for the last 30 mins. I’m annoyed to miss out on the gold and DADA books!!! It was the only reason to finish the event.

can these be applied to my account for the lack spawn on the map

• AnricatAnricat Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #718 October, 2020, 03:23 pm.

I was unable to finish yesterday. 4 tonics didn't spawn enough Prophesy Records for me to actually finish. I shouldn't need to use over 4 tonics. Who knows how many more it would have taken. I didn't have the time to find out.

• AnricatAnricat Posts: 11 ✭✭
    #818 October, 2020, 03:25 pm.

Same. Couldn't complete it. 4 tonics, 4 trace charms used on the Foundables in question and nearly 4 hours of game play and couldn't do it. I don't know what the spawn rate was, but it certainly wasn't high enough to catch THIRTY Prophesy Records.

• SkygreSkygre Posts: 45 ✭✭
    #918 October, 2020, 03:36 pm.

Today on October community day, each trace tonic gives me 1 George Weasley. That means I need to use 15 TTDs to get the amount I need. Although we can be able to brew a lot of TTDs because it takes way less time on communtiy day, that's not even an option for many of us since the ingredients we need doesn't spawn either. And to use 15 TTDs you need to play more than 7,5 hours. This is ridiculous!

• GossamerSkyGossamerSky Posts: 2
    #1018 October, 2020, 08:53 pm.

Same. Such a miserable weekend. I used to love playing this game because it was fun, whimsical and 100% doable without demanding ALL OF MY FRICKING TIME; lately my cortisol levels have been through the roof with these ridiculous goals...Harry fatigue is real.

• HollyPrizyHollyPrizy Posts: 1
    #1118 October, 2020, 11:09 pm.

Maybe after about 5pm local time, TTD stopped bringing the Wonders traces at all. I used 3-4 TTD after that time, but was provided with only a handful of Wonders traces total, making it impossible to complete the tasks. During the day, it was boosted, but still had done only 1/3 of the tasks after about 3 TTD.

• AcentrellaAcentrella Posts: 4 ✭✭
    #1219 October, 2020, 02:31 am.

I am on TTD TWELVE and still am short six Weasley twins. I started playing at midnight and have been playing off and on all day, sometimes with a tonic and sometimes without (there are two inns across the road from me in my rural area). Community Day is supposed to be a fun, short, 2-3 hour event. Due to the high flight rate (despite having numerous tree nodes that should be making flights less frequent and traces easier to catch), the only reason I am this far is due to using 30-40 dawdle and exstimulo potions. And after all of this, it’s looking like The foundables I need won’t appear in time. The day started off well with the first two tonics but then went downhill. Now it’s like the system thinks it already ended for me when it comes to spawns, even with tonics. I am level 49 and have been playing from the first week. This is not how you keep loyal players. This event, and so many before it, have been one colossal bug due to spawn and flight rates. I am totally p.o.’d at the resources that the game has stolen (I say stolen because I paid to brew what should have been more than enough potions for this event, only to go through them all and then some and still likely not finish in the next hour and a half, since the last tonics have brought in zero of what I need).

• 1956JohnDeere501956JohnDeere50 Posts: 1
    #1319 October, 2020, 03:43 am.

i agree with everyone about!! This is horrible and ridiculous. I have run through most all of my potions. I can’t make any more TTD because the horns won’t respawn so I can’t take advantage of the time credit for today. I am short Weasley Twins because the red traces just won’t spawn I even went somewhere today where there is a ton of activity and when they did respawn the disappeared faster than anything. This is ridiculous and impossible after yesterday’s I have no stock left and no way to replenish I can’t complete the challenge and I’ve been playing all day except for this morning when it kicked my out for multiple hours when the server was down!!

• HatstallGRHatstallGR Posts: 8 ✭✭
    #1419 October, 2020, 12:28 pm.

I was also struggling with this, I burned through most of my potions on Saturday and ended up finishing by going out from 11pm to midnight to get the last few bits having spent most of the evening playing at home. On Sunday that wasn’t an option for me so after using about six TTDs during the day and running down my entire stock of potions (I think I used about 25 Extimulos of various types) I had no ingredients for TTD production (despite playing both days extensively apart from the couple of hours I put into a much more successful Pokémon community day on Saturday). Over the two days the spawns for TTD ingredients were minimal (I think maybe even less than usual, I’m guessing that this might be a weather-related thing but there should have been extra for community day). So I ran out of ingredients, didn’t get any extra potions to keep after the event because I had to use them all on the day, and by midnight in spite of about seven hours of play I was still several items short to complete the event. Very disappointing and because I used so much stuff up I’m concerned I might struggle with the next event too.

• RavenPuff8RavenPuff8 Posts: 7 ✭✭
    #1519 October, 2020, 02:04 pm.

I've played this game ever since it started, but wasn't able to finish either of the community day events over the weekend, despite hours of playing. Very disappointed that I wasn't able to earn the DADA books. The gold would have been nice too. These are the first events that I haven't been able to finish.